Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Same haar here at 4c the North Sea doing its worst. Horse Chestnut at bud burst after yesterdays warmth though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

To fill in the picture between Fife & Moray, dull, almost drizzly haar here too. Pity after a run of 3 decent days, particularly Saturday and yesterday. 

Probably heading off for a few days in the motorhome from Thursday before everyone has to head back to school, I think we'll be heading W or NW to escape the influence of the North Sea.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Here's some good news, has anyone looked at the models for next week? Both the GFS and ECM have this easterly becoming a southerly with temps up to 15-18C.

Didn't think i'd be happy to say i'll be down south (for my holiday next week) and looks like it's going to turn..............for the better. Looks a bit of a belter (to start with at least)

Up here today back to normal cold, windy although rain isn't that far away again

• Like 1

Posted

Liverpool and back yesterday. Not much to see South bound  due to fog aside from Tebay and arrival. Grey return, and now grey and damp morning.

• Like 2

Posted

Back to the battle with winter this afternoon started grey with.  haar in the morning and  got colder as the day went on to be helped by more rain in the last hour.    Currently 4.5c                       Hope they are reading the models correctly for next week as we are needing warm and dry for a few days.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Temperature was 5.7C this morning with a fresh ESE breeze and low cloud. Hint of damp in the air. The only thing that has changed since is that it is now raining. 

Edited by Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Got a lot colder here in last few hours, really nasty outside with soaking heavy drizzle. Bleugh.

Posted

Horrible day, temperature hovering between 4.5C and 5.5C with a keen E to ESE wind bringing in plenty of low cloud and rain/drizzle.

Some photos of the beach at Lossiemouth, rain heavy there in the late afternoon.  Irrespective of the weather, the ice cream shops there were still doing good trade - the easter egg ice cream flavour passed the kids taste test :good: 

Snag_262978.thumb.png.b7e61aaa1c069f44003946f12c186b3e.pngSnag_25b15a.thumb.png.5945394cabf4cb8e5300039d503d9383.pngSnag_250d4a.thumb.png.56633de3e4025e20156264982b9ad91c.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Splendidly unpredictable weather on Islay, everything from haar to a brief near gale this morning, blue sun to lashing rain. We love it. Crap broadband means shrunk and compressed pix: this was Sunday afternoon as the haar cleared (mostly) briefly

reflection1.thumb.jpg.9fc3da75c38f33d5179df45c965a4e3a.jpg

and this was this evening - I was watching the sunset with my sister, then we turned round to see this! 5acd2304b6e44_houseonfire.thumb.jpg.768c6027b7bc48c3f5559dee4372aa87.jpg

My eldest daughter, son in law and grandson are on holiday on Islay this week! ?

Big Innes

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Bit of a snoozefest at the moment. Dank & grey, with occasional cauld rain. Currently 5.7C. Looks a bit milder through the weekend, then second half of next week, some proper warmth - finally. Temps into the 20s. Summer!

• Like 1

Posted

I'm off work to do the garden this week - not next! Grrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

I'm not saying that it's been a colder and more prolonged winter than usual (well, actually, I am...) but we had these visitors at the wee hoose at breakfast time today. Cheeky...

IMG_20180411_0818275.jpg

IMG_20180411_0818312.jpg

IMG_20180411_0818378.jpg

IMG_20180411_0818433.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Started sunny and still is fairly bright albeit breezy but cloud's increasing again. Change in the wind can't come quick enough

• Like 1

Posted

Been a hectic couple of weeks between the Rob Roy Way and a trip to Zambia. Settling down now!

Been a drab week here in Dundee/NE Fife. Cloudy grey cool and damp. Currently 7c and a chilly easterly breeze.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Bloody horrible day. Seriously fed up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Can't wait to feel some warmth in my bones and sick of this completely grey murk that feels more like autumn than spring. 

Posted

Oh look it's raining now. Washing salt into the wound.

• Like 1

Posted

No bad morning with reasonable sun if a bit chilly in the wind. Dog in his element with some wild surf at the beach. Sadly, more dead birds being washed up.

This afternoon clouded over and has gone from bad, through worse to downright hideous. Biting wind, overcast and now drizzle with a haar coming off the sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
36 minutes ago, frogesque said:

No bad morning with reasonable sun if a bit chilly in the wind. Dog in his element with some wild surf at the beach. Sadly, more dead birds being washed up.

This afternoon clouded over and has gone from bad, through worse to downright hideous. Biting wind, overcast and now drizzle with a haar coming off the sea.

Same here .  A fine but chilly morning with cloud coming in gradually from the East and by afternoon cool, breezy and damp.

Posted
23 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

Grey pish. :cc_confused:

Let us know what you really think :rofl: