Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
46 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

Ooo lovely :) It's such good news for the higher hills north of the Central Belt. As much as I love winter I do like those spring days when you can spend longer in the hills, see the wildlife returning but still get an alpine experience on the summits due to the coires and ridges still being loaded.

My daughters are away up skiing on Thursday. With lots of snow forecast tonight and tomorrow they should have a great day as it brightens up. Miserable here though with steady cold rain just now. Just a hint of sleetiness at 3C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
1 hour ago, Norrance said:

My daughters are away up skiing on Thursday. With lots of snow forecast tonight and tomorrow they should have a great day as it brightens up. Miserable here though with steady cold rain just now. Just a hint of sleetiness at 3C.

Yep Thursday is looking like THE day to get out and enjoy what's fallen :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

Winter 17/18 continues into day 169 with a max temp of 2.7c and sleet on and off  through out  the day 

I really think that we are going to pay for such a good  winter when  the dreaded midges wake up for the spring cold and very hungry  :sorry:

Posted

A really foul afternoon with constant sleet and. all the winter mud has returned underfoot .Cattle all very happy to be inside.  The upside of all this bad weather is paperwork getting up to date and I even found an electronic payment that was still due to me.  The sleet turned more to wet snow in the early evening and its currently 1c.

• Like 3

Posted

Just catching up on things after a hectic few days with the family. So glad my Rob Roy Way walk was last week and not this!

We had wet snow in Broughty Ferry last night but no chance of it settling.

Currently at Glasgow Airport and heading out to Zambia for a couple of days. 26c with the risk of thunderstorms. Bit of a change then!:D

• Like 7

Just thought I would pop in to share some good non weather related news. 7 years ago my world came tumbling down, my wife found a lump nothing serious at first so we thought but it soon turned into something that would impact our lives for ever. we have been to hell and back in the time since, I had to quit my well paid job and close down my small business, we lost everything, the house, the car and the life style we had become used too. my wives health continued to get worse and worse to the point that in 2015 I was told to go home and prepare my family for the worst. told if she makes 24 hours it will be a miracle. well the tough old bird made it and after several operations and long recovery she is almost back to the person she once was thanks to a massive amount of medication that she will be a slave to for the rest of her days. well last week I went for a job interview and today the phone call to say "would you like to start work" for me and my family this is massive, while caring for my wife over the years ive been called work shy, a scrounger and all sorts of other foul things. well not anymore. time to find that bottle of buckie me thinks..:drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Great to hear that story @More Snow enjoy the buckie !

Been a weird spell this last 12+hours or so. Pressure charts and wind direction both saying central scotland is in some kind of east-north-east flow. But precipitation (those recent beefy showers an hour or two ago over Glasgow) has been moving from south-west to north-east, seemingly almost 180 degrees to the apparent "flow". Any technicians in here got any idea how that works ?

Edited by LeithRayOfSunshine

Posted

Its getting monotonous now we have  a covering again this morning at  0.5c. Going to a fun day loading sheep for Skye in all this mud and getting an arctic lorry tuned on a slippy muddy farm road is going to be a challange..

• Like 3

Posted

More wet snow overnight and looks set in for quite a while too

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Wasn’t expecting it ( cause I never watched the forecast ) but woke up to a layer of slush and more snow falling ...... looks bloomin freezing yet again!

Thanks for sharing your news More Snow....... ive had a great Winter reading your snow reports:yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Dark depressing thick mist here. :angry:

Posted

Describing the weather this morning as PISH would be unnecessarily polite :angry:

Edited by 101_North

Posted
18 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

And now it still shows light snow but it's raining heavily.

yes happens a few time this winter not sure if something wrong radar  

Edited by Stuart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

ironically it is the whitest it has been here durimg this spell right now and didnt expect that

yesterday i drove from Perth to Falkirk to Straiton and back to Perth in a kind of circle and the differences in snow in different areas was remarkable.... 

Auchterarder really is some kind of weird micro climate that always seems to do very well yet it is only 12 miles from. Perth and 90m higher at 100 ASL.... 

kids are actually. not phased by snow now that's a sign we have seen a lot falling this winter if not always givimg. significant depths..... 

its weird not hearing excited yelps at flakes falling from the sky lets hope they are back next winter after a glorious summer. 

Great ending to a hard story @More Snow heres to many snowy weathers together with the ? 

• Like 7

Posted

Just about on the turn to something more wintry here now. Expect it to snow later but whether it settles or not well.....we'll see :)

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Its getting monotonous now we have  a covering again this morning at  0.5c. Going to a fun day loading sheep for Skye in all this mud and getting an arctic lorry tuned on a slippy muddy farm road is going to be a challange..

Good timing today sheep in off field and lorry arrives five minutes later,sheep loaded clean and off to Skye before 9.00am.

However driver who has been coming here for nearly 40 years with the sheep said that in most years farms carry forward a surplus of feed from one year to the next but this year there is none almost everywhere.He said that if the summer is poor again and little feed is conserved there will be a mass sell off of livestock from the N and W of Scotland in the autumn. He also said he had never seen our road so muddy.

With everything being so backward I have been telling friends for a while that this will be an historical spring .Even on my local forecast on here for next week night time temperatures will not be conducive for grass growth.

I think too with a southerly tracking jet probably accentuated by a sleepy sun then above may come true. Currently 2c

Just looked at the model thread  and their is a chance of more cold weather mid month!!!!!!

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 5