Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.
14 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

@Polar Gael do you programme the GFS? It's on the same page of the book as your post from yesterday, snow at easter indeed:

288gfs.thumb.jpg.ffcc4f0e7251dfe3341d71462dcbbee7.jpg

Ssshhhhhhh...tell no one. :whistling:

There's no way winter's done with us yet. Atmos is in 'mate in a state territory' after the total doing it's had from the SSW twins. 

And as for next winter, here's yer forecast: nae sunpots. Go long in huskies, bread and milk. :wink:

Edited by Polar Gael
  • Like 1

Posted

A braw day: wall to wall sunshine and starting to feel some warmth in it (finally).  A gradual melt of a lot of the weekend's snawcover, but still lots of patches and ice in the shaded areas. Surrounding hills looked stunning today - and a rosegold sunset, followed by a superb crescent moon drifting down after the sun to the western horizon. Notable lack of cloud today, too. Max of 6.2C after an overnight low of -1.3C. Rinse and repeat on the morra please. :good:

Edited by Polar Gael
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Still a lot of snaw lying, but this morning feels like Spring (I know. Imagination is a wonderful thing).

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Looks like a beautiful morning here. I love snow, just love it but i'd quite like spring now. I want to go camping and not in an igloo

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, snowidea said:

Looks like a beautiful morning here. I love snow, just love it but i'd quite like spring now. I want to go camping and not in an igloo

yep, its beer garden time now, time for the cold to do one :-)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Afternoon all

Hope everyone is well!

Absoutely stunning today (currently passing through Gourock) - lightest of breezes and clear blue skies with temps of 8 degrees! (Feels like 18 degrees after what we have been used to in recent months!) Almost shorts weather for us in Scotland! :rofl:

More of this weather please or another bout of heavy snow showers! Keep that dreary cloudy drizzly pish away which usually decends on us in Spring. :D

Have a good one. 

FC48267B-767B-42D0-96EC-52D86A0FC620.jpeg

90CDAB1C-3AF4-4DA5-8149-02C7C11F42BE.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cracking day here. Cut down a tree in back garden and was fair sweating. Air must be very dry as despite an air temp of 8C a bit of snow is hanging on in the shade at the back of the house and the water in my rain gauge is still frozen.

• Like 2

Posted

Being out in the fresh air will shift it faster Catch. Hubby and I are the same, got flattened by a virus last Wed and still no sign of feeling better yet.

• Like 2

Posted

Glorious couple of days. Temperature touched 9c at Leuchars this afternoon, more like the normal for the second half of March.

@Polar Gael If you could arrange to have the Easter snow arrive after I’ve walked the Rob Roy Way next week that would be great. Good Friday would be fine, I’ll be finished by then. :D

• Like 1

Posted

Nice spring day.  Frosty start then rapidly rising to max of 8.5C in abundant sunshine and light winds.  Bit more cloud around in the afternoon and now just below freezing - another clear night but not seeing any evidence of the aurora unfortunately. 

Second night running heard large flock of geese flying overheard heading towards the NW - looks like they are getting itchy feet and thinking of heading back north to Iceland etc.  The local farmer will be glad to get rid of them though as there was a large flock decimating a rapeseed field the other day.  Cocky geese though (or else just plain deaf) as they mostly ignored the gas guns that were going off in a vain attempt to scare them away.

Clocks go forward on Sunday for BST :D but GFS is intent on keeping us in winter next week.  Hunting for Easter Eggs with the kids in the snow does have some appeal though!

Snag_110b53b.thumb.png.4795f992b5df214ceff39fc66812074b.png

• Like 6

Posted

Plenty of years I’d have been looking forward to a prospective Easter snowfall due to lack of lowland snowfall during the winter months, but this year I’m not so sure! Very pleasant day near Lanark today with birds chirping and a brown hare lolloping along the margins of a field - felt like Spring had arrived!

• Like 6

Posted

@Hawesy Er, so I'd be packing the waterproofs and thermals if I were you! :cold:

I may have overdone it a wee bit on the auld autumnal snawdance this year...:whistling:

ebd40795733a5877da0e5c0c0774604e.jpg

Edited by Polar Gael
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

LOL - U wait years for easterly regimes and three come along at once. IN MARCH 

image.thumb.png.c2cfab68d0db561b44ba46c6a14446fc.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Amazing eh...

I can remember an easterly from 1986 or 1987 I was an apprentice at Rosyth Dockyard and we weren't allowed on the dockside for all the snaw and ice but a pile of us sneaked out and ended up having a snaw-baw fight with the ships staff from HMS Birmingham which was in dock at the time...it was brilliant.

• Like 3

Posted

It's currently 11C which makes it the warmest day here this year :), quite impressive actually considering the almost complete cloud cover though the wind is light.

Looks like tomorrow could be mild as well but thereafter its back to the cool/cold weather going by the models.

The weather this year really is quite different to the last few years and it will be interesting to see what happens in the summer - just as long as the easterly winds go away as for here that just guarantees cool, grey drizzly yuck.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, lorenzo said:

LOL - U wait years for easterly regimes and three come along at once. IN MARCH 

image.thumb.png.c2cfab68d0db561b44ba46c6a14446fc.png

Really??!

Posted

Dam cold!!

• Like 2

Posted

Normal service has been resumed today. Grey, milder, p*sh, bit windy. 

Max of 9.4C after overnight low of -0.5C. 

Enjoy the 'mild' blip while it lasts, kilters. 

At this rate, will be end May/start June before we're frost-free up here  - garden's looking rustic. 

Edited by Polar Gael
  • Like 3

Posted

No sure if rustic's the word I was looking for Gael... think mine is just looking dire lol