Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

@Nick L -  'rubbish' doesn't quite convey the depth of feeling in my chosen descriptor. However I do understand that we're all delicate snowflakes reading this thread so quite understand the editing. :p

it is madness an adult thread cannot have the odd swear word.... in fact its complete bulls testicles 

snaw has not called off morning football but being waterlogged has

will take that for a lie in :spiteful:

• Like 4

Posted

I'm not expecting anything other than maybe some flakes in the not insubstantial wind. Am I the only one completely playing this down in southern Scotland, or am I wilfully ignoring a Sunday dawn reality of 5 -10cm? :cc_confused: :unknw:

@Hawesy @CatchMyDrift @mardatha ???!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, CatchMyDrift said:

The polite description is a shambles.

Looks like the MO have lost control of their collective bladder - never seen so much yellow snow.

Posted

Unpleasant doesn’t begin to describe today’s horror show. Reminded me exactly why I hate easterlies so much in spite of the odd snow bonanza. 90% of the time they bring grim, depressing weather but today was notably awful. Most folk I’ve spoken to are repulsed by the thought of more snow. I warned them I’d be passing their names and addresses to @edo :D

@shuggee Not entirely sure what to make of tomorrow nights prospects. As you say it’s possibly creeping up on us and any other year would be generating a lot more interest in this thread! Still struggling to see much more than a dusting to 2cm for most though. Will take a look again to tomorrow.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Looking at the radar there is little precipitation over the North Sea or immediate coastal areas just now but as the cloud comes inland it peps up again. It is the first time we have been dry since yesterday afternoon. Still breezy at 1.6C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Just started tae snaw here!

Big Innes

• Like 4

Posted

Flakes here too at 1c with strong breeze.Suffering withdrawl symptoms as broadband down most of today and  3rd  BT engineer failed to show between 1.00pm and 6.00pm.Think they are still fixing faults in snow affected areas from a fortnight ago.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Lamp post "something" going on here. Can't say for sure it's snow but overall conditions seem to be in favour. Rather underwhelming report but best I can do  !

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
43 minutes ago, LeithRayOfSunshine said:

Lamp post "something" going on here. Can't say for sure it's snow but overall conditions seem to be in favour. Rather underwhelming report but best I can do  !

Much the same here. Something's blowing past the lamppost but hard to tell what. Makes a noise when it hits the window so maybe graupel?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Nothing here overnight. It felt very cold yesterday though, hubby and I had a sneaky day off work (without the kids) and went for a walk around the trails behind the house in the afternoon. Still some quiet deep snow patches in places. It was grey and cold but I quite enjoyed having a stomp without having to constantly chant "keep up", "mind the dog poo" "put down that stick, no put it down you'll have your brother's eye out" "who hit who" "what's wrong with your leg now" "are you OK, I told you to put down the stick, now see what's happened" and on and on....... 

_20180317_071554.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Snow on here. Light so far but settling.

Ditto, beginnings of a dusting, but most just blowing towards Glasgow horizontally.

• Like 2

Posted

0c and ground all frozen in the wind. Breezy and dull odd flake in wind

Posted

A grey morning again  - there hasn't been a decent sunrise visible for what seems like yonks. Even doggie was unenthusiastic about her morning walk.

Temp 0C, easterly breeze, and a sprinkle of grauple. The hills too have just a smattering of the white stuff.

Will spring ever arrive?

• Like 4

dog poo frozen to the patio, the odd snaw flake in the wind. and the boss lady has got the camel this morning, perfect start to the weekend. oh well at least my footie team cannot upset me this time round as no play today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Lightly snowing/graupeling here too, but although it's lying it's barely enough to call a dusting. At least my driveway clearings snow patch,  pathetic and dirty looking as it is, made it through to the two weeks mark. Doubt it'll survive the weekend though. 

Still giggling at @snowidea's perfect description of a walk with the kids. Sounded far too familiar. 

• Like 3

Posted

Hammering down here now at a rate of ohhhhh........maybe 4 or 5 flakes a second! If it stays like this until sometime in mid-April then the yellow warning will definitely have been justified :D

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Hammering down here now at a rate of ohhhhh........maybe 4 or 5 flakes a second! If it stays like this until sometime in mid-April then the yellow warning will definitely have been justified :D

Same here,101. :D

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, 101_North said:

@101_North the warning for snow doesn’t start until 5pm today (current warning is for ice). I wouldn’t expect to see anything other than a few flakes until this evening. Sticking my neck out I reckon you’ll have 4cm by tomorrow morning. 

:D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Hawesy said:

@101_North the warning for snow doesn’t start until 5pm today (current warning is for ice). I wouldn’t expect to see anything other than a few flakes until this evening. Sticking my neck out I reckon you’ll have 4cm by tomorrow morning. 

:D

I'll take that sir but now everyone will want an estimate :D

• Like 3

Posted

It's March 17th. It's snowing.

Pardon my complete lack of excitement, I'm going back to bed! :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
4 minutes ago, 101_North said:

I'll take that sir but now everyone will want an estimate :D

For most it might be best if the estimates are in units of snowflakes per cm squared rather than depth in cm. :pardon:

Posted
16 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Lovely powdery dry snow that's showing no signs of melting though. Very wintery looking this morning.

• Like 5

Posted

My local weather forecaster, brown, furry, four legs, dog shaped has just barked to come in, plonked himself on the setee and is giving me that wtf look!

• Like 1