Cold?
IGNORED

2018 Q&A For Tornado Season

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
8 hours ago, jtay said:

Hello,

I'm staying at the Best Western Irving on the 7th. Where does the hotel shuttle bus pick up from at DFW and do I need to call the hotel to arrange a pick up? Or does it run on a half hour schedule, or similar?

Cheers

John

Can't quite remember where they pick up from, pretty sure it's just outside arrivals of whatever terminal you're at. But yes you'll need to arrange a pick up.

Posted
8 hours ago, Nick L said:

Can't quite remember where they pick up from, pretty sure it's just outside arrivals of whatever terminal you're at. But yes you'll need to arrange a pick up.

Thanks Nick. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
1 hour ago, jtay said:

Thanks Nick. :good:

There is a Bus station on the ground floor of DFW, you should call the hotel and give them your reservation name/number.  once its confirmed your booked in they will send a bus for you. failing that, I am not sure how much a cab will be but its not a far trip.....about 15 mins?

Posted
35 minutes ago, Crashlanding said:

There is a Bus station on the ground floor of DFW, you should call the hotel and give them your reservation name/number.  once its confirmed your booked in they will send a bus for you. failing that, I am not sure how much a cab will be but its not a far trip.....about 15 mins?

Thank you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
42 minutes ago, Crashlanding said:

Be wary of taxis. They are very expensive as there's a $20 surcharge. I did it one year because I landed at like midnight. Not sure about Uber though. 

Posted

It is about 3 miles from the Airport to the Hotel or about a 5 minute drive. Never got a Taxi myself but Uber were dirt cheap according to some of last years guests