Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
TomSE12

Cheltenham Tipping Competition

PS, Please keep an eye out for any non-runners, to your selections, before 1 pm. I didn't make myself clear, yesterday. As not everyone will have access to a computer, after 1 pm, I'll have to implement substituting the lowest racecard, returned favourite, in place of your non-runner. It's the fairest way, of dealing with that eventuality, it's what I had to do, when running the competition, in Sunderland's, Credit Office. I'm sorry but if being on a shorter priced horse, inhibits your chances of winning, that's the way "the cookie, crumbles". At least, we don't have any prize money, involved. It's not easy running these fantasy competitions, you know!!:nonono: Your rules, have to have, every base covered!!

Regards,

Tom.

1:30 Apples Shikira

2:10 Flying Tiger

2:50 Poetic Rythm

3:30 Might Bite

4:10 Unioniste

4:50 Cater Mckay

5:30 Top Gamble

PaulBR7s selections. Final Day. V/W Bal. £15.33

1.30 - Farclas

2.10 - Whiskey Sour

2.50 - Dortmund Park

3.30 - Our Duke

4.10 - Foxrock

4.50 - Flawless Escaoe

5.30 - Top Gamble.

Phew, just got back in time!!

Good luck to everyone!!

Regards,

Tom

Mattneal's selections. Final Day. V/W Bal. £44.37

1:30 Apples Shakira

2:10 Flying Tiger

2:50 Poetic Rythm

3:30 Might Bite

4:10 Unioniste

4:50 Cater Mckay

5:30 Top Gamble

Sorry, was just having lunch. Wow, the Irish band wagon rolls on!!

1.30 Chelt.

Farclas returns - £13.25

Mr. Adjudicator returns - £3.00.

Tom.

2.10 Chelt.

Whiskey Sour returns - £2.75

Lagostovegas returns - £6.00

Tom.

2.50 Chelt.

Santini returns - £1.69

Tom.

3.30 Chelt.  (Gold Cup)

Native River returns - £8.25

Might Bite returns - £2.00

What a terrific race!!

Tom.

4.10 Chelt.

NO RETURNS.

Tom.

4.50 Chelt. ( 5 places )

Blow By Blow returns - £15.75

Diese Des Bieffes  (5th) £2.13

Tom.

5.30 Chelt

Gino Trail returns - £7.25

Top Gamble returns - £3.00

Tom.

RESULT OF THE NETWEATHER CHELTENHAM TIPPING COMPETITION

1st            -                  BRISTLEBOY - £94.55

2nd           -                   HAYLEYBR7 - £92.26

3rd            -                       TOMSE12  - £56.93

4th            -                 JENNYJANE1 -  £54.77

5th             -                    MATTNEAL  -  £49.37

6th             -                  ANTONYBR7 -  £48.83

7th             -  KIRKCALDYWEATHER -  £44.42

LAST         -                       PAULBR7  -  £34.33 

Full report later.

Regards,

Tom.:hi:

Posted (edited)

What a tremendous finish to the inaugural running of the NETWEATHER CHELTENHAM TIPPING CUP,

A very small but select field of eight gathered at Cheltenham, for the event. The small field no doubt due to the fact that no prize money, was on offer!!

The invited foreign gelding,AntonyBR7, soon led and jumping boldly, headed the field , on the first day but blundered away his chance on the 2nd day and weakened rapidly, thereafter .Antony has form ,in similar events, making the early running, only to drop away rapidly, soon after. Certainly one to note, if connections can find a 2 day festival or the 3 day Festival at Aintree, rather than the stamina sapping, four days of Cheltenham!!

TomSE12 looked threatening, when making rapid headway, through the field, on Wednesday but his run, soon petered out. Perhaps would also do better, over a shorter Festival, like Aintree, perhaps.

JennyJane1, that game mare, from the SE thread, made a move on the 3rd day but ran on through beaten entrants on Friday. Perhaps one to note, if turning out for the longer trip, of the 5 day, Royal Ascot Festival.

MattNeal, prominent in the early stages, started to fade, on the final two days. Perhaps another one to note, over a shorter trip.

Kirkcaldy Weather, ran in snatches but the Scottish gelding is possibly being "laid out" for his local festival, at the Ayr Grand National meeting.

PaulBR7, ran no sort of race at all, this form is all wrong and should be ignored. Won quite a few events, over various trips, when trained at Sunderland's, this smart gelding, can be excused this baffling performance.

Now the principals, invited mare HayleyBR7 , multiple event winner when trained at Sunderlands, started to make headway, late on Wednesday and improving her position, on Thursday, got herself into a challenging position, throughout Friday, indeed taking up the running and hitting the front, one race out. Seemingly going better than the leader, blundered her chance away. A very eye-catching performance, though.

Bristleboy, made some headway, late on Tuesday and nothing was going better, throughout  Thursday. came under strong pressure from HayleyBR7 but that mare, blundered her chance away, late on the last day. Bristleboy stayed on well, up the run in, to land the spoils.Will the West country trained gelding be as effective over the day shorter trip, if turning out, for the 3 day. Aintree Grand National meeting? 

RESULT OF THE NETWEATHER CHELTENHAM TIPPING COMPETITION

1st            -                  BRISTLEBOY - £94.55 ( prominent throughout, led but headed, regained lead, near finish, ran on well. )

2nd           -                   HAYLEYBR7 - £92.26 ( rapid late headway, moving like the winner, when    blundered her chance, away. Unlucky. )

3rd            -                   TOMSE12  - £56.93  (Promonent early but run soon petered out. Would benefit from shorter trip) 

4th            -                   JENNYJANE1 -  £54.77 ( Made eye-catching late headway, perhaps would benefit, from longer trip )

5th             -                    MATTNEAL  -  £49.37

6th             -                  ANTONYBR7 -  £48.83

7th             -  KIRKCALDYWEATHER -  £44.42

LAST         -                       PAULBR7  -  £34.33 

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Great fun Tom. :hi:

I had two winners today. Farclas in the 1st at 9/1 - single bet. And i chucked Farclas in a double with Native River, so you can imagine i was literally jumping up and down when Native River came up the hill to win.

7 wins and a placed horse this week, with added bonus of a Channon winner in today's 3 oclock at Lingfield.

Best Cheltenham ever, for me, on the betting front.

I'll be in for Aintree.

And a big :hi: to you, from me, for running this tipping competition.

Regards

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Deleted

Edited by TomSE12

5 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Great fun Tom. :hi:

I had two winners today. Farclas in the 1st at 9/1 - single bet. And i chucked Farclas in a double with Native River, so you can imagine i was literally jumping up and down when Native River came up the hill to win.

7 wins and a placed horse this week, with added bonus of a Channon winner in today's 3 oclock at Lingfield.

Best Cheltenham ever, for me, on the betting front.

I'll be in for Aintree.

And a big :hi: to you, from me, for running this tipping competition.

Regards

Hi Bb, glad you backed those winners. Yes as I stated before, Hayley is a big fan of Davy Russell and backs a lot of "Giggys" horses ( as she calls them!! ). So she had a very profitable, Cheltenham. My daughter certainly put her boyfriend, PaulBR7, to shame!!

Paul was Racing Manager, at Sunderland;s and is usually, a very good "judge". So his form, is all wrong, probably being "got ready", for something, further down the line!!

Fancy a re-match, at Aintree?

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Bb, for winning the inaugural running of the Cheltenham Tipping Competition, I'd like to present you, with the following:

A Steve Murr, Chocolate Teapot         -      The Chocolate Teapot

And, an Ian Brown, "WTF" box of "Close but no cigars"           -Mc%20No5%2025.jpg

Many congratulations, Bb.

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 1

Cheers Tom

Count me in for Aintree

Keep well

Regards BB

• Like 2

Really enjoyed taking part in this TomSE12, was great fun and I look forward to Aintree / any further competitions :) :good:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Really enjoyed taking part in this TomSE12, was great fun and I look forward to Aintree / any further competitions :) :good:

Hi KW, 

Thanks for your kind words. Really enjoyed hosting it. I'm certainly up for hosting some more competitions. As I stated, I ran a lot of Sports fantasy competitions, at work. Chelt/R.Ascot/Goodwood. Football : Champions Lg, World Cups, European Ch'ships. Golf Majors, Cricket. Working in the betting Industry and with a "gaming mentality", found it relatively easy, to devise a format, for these competition, often using fixed odds, as part of the format. We had decent prize money, involved as well. Cbarged an entry fee of £20 at Cheltenham and with 15 to 20 entrants, we had a decent pot to split between 1st,2nd and 3ed. Most popular competition was the Champions Leagoe, one season, I had around 35 entrants, charged £30 entry fee ( sounds a lot but event lasts from late Sept to mid/late May, with Jan.mid Winter break, so still very good value, IMO). PaulBR7, Hayley's boyfriend and Racing Manager at Sunderland's, won it that season. We had over a £1,000, in Prize money, split between 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Paul won £700, for 1st prize and I remember, it helped him have a new patio laid and helped him pay for a new washing machine. 

I'll certainly be hosting more Racing competitions and will start an Aintree thread, shortly. Tried to get members to enter, from my own regional SE thread but one member "slagged" me off for "enticing" members to gamble and bet. Found that post really patronising and condescending!! Noted that the member concerned had only registered in 2013, I;ve been a member since, 2005 and think I know what's acceptable, on this forum. And anyway, there was no "gambling" involved, as you know, no money changed hands, between the entrants.!! When I think of some of the utter tosh, that's posted on the SE thread, full of banal, smutty one-liners. My posts tend to be a bit "War and Peace" but at least I don't post banal rubbish!! Felt I was being stalked by the "Thought Police", Big Brother and all that!! 

I'll keep in touch on this thread of any Racing competitions I'm thinking of hosting. Certainly Aintree, even the late April, Punchestown Festival and even Ayr's Scottish National/Champion Hurdle meeting. 

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE12