Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
49 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Well bbc prediction for today has gone from 31C yesterday to 28C this morning. What a load of rubbish. Also I dont see where all this torrential rain lasting all day is going to come from in 10 minutes according to the met office seeing as its mostly sunny right now. Has the low moved in about a day faster than expected or something? Huge downgrade on temps and weather (if these predictions turn out to be correct, which I doubt).

Main front is still over Ireland however a large bank of cloud is developing ahead and expected to produce storms later in the day (right now it's just cloud).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Accuweather temp is currently 28 for here. Not sure to be fair. Porch thermometer reads 28 degrees but its in the porch!

Very high hazy cloud. Glass slightly dropping in favour of a change to rain. 

It's that building stillness and the sky haze has a decidedly grey look to it. 

Sorry for those hoping to see 30 degrees plus. We may get nothing here and even being East of the region, we may be too far West. We shall see. 

Edited by Storme

Posted

Very warm again here today considering what is now thick cloud cover, probably wouldn’t like to be outside if it was sunny however.

Haven’t had much of a chance to come on here as of late but this spell of weather has been absolutely incredible. Just a shame about the lack of storms.

• Like 1

Posted

29C but a bit more cloud now. Thats the bbc forecast temperature beaten with 3 hours to go at least.

Posted
45 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

29C but a bit more cloud now. Thats the bbc forecast temperature beaten with 3 hours to go at least.

30C reached for the 2nd time this year now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
7 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

30C reached for the 2nd time this year now.

East of Luga is 29.6 in the bedroom but having just been out to water and feed the birds I would say it's hotter outside.

Leicestershire Live has our village at 31.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Still hoping for a good storm here. Don't think i've seen a daytime storm here this year, maybe longer. They either seem to miss me, or arrive at 3am when i'm asleep 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Just hit 30C here, fairly cloudy with occasional spells of sun.

• Like 1

Posted

We managed to reach 31.5°C here an hour ago, although it seems to have mostly clouded over since. Currently 29.9°C with a dp of 13.6°C

If it wasn't for all this cloud, the maxes today would've been scary-hot 

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Just had a very brief bit of heavy rain. Ground already dry again though, and all that water evaporating has made it very humid and muggy. Feeling very warm, practically tropical out there due to the rain.

Still no storms mind you.

• Like 2

Posted

It missed us. I woke up thinking I could hear thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Upto 30.8C now, but it's turned overcast, so that may be it's peak.

Posted

Just read Heathrow has done 34.4 and Gatwick near where I was living previously did 33.9.

Posted
19 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Upto 30.8C now, but it's turned overcast, so that may be it's peak.

Check that, reached 31.1C, some pretty warm air about.

Posted

Just has a sprinkling of ppn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Currently 30.4C here, and quite a lot of clouds but sun still occasionally making an appearance, when it does, its almost unbearable, sky looking thundery in some parts, not getting hopes to high, but still a little hope a surprise may happen later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Would you believe it? Maximum today 29.4 °C, exactly my existing 2018 high. Cloud thickening up now, so barring something remarkable tomorrow it looks like I will indeed miss the 30 °C for the entire long heatwave. Pretty frustrating, especially when just a couple of hours of proper sunshine would surely have seen this area sail past the mark.

To be honest, I'd take yesterday's weather over today's, easily. Much more sunshine, less humid, and 25 °C. Today is just unpleasant by comparison.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

Blimey, it's really starting to kick off to the east! Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire should be right in the firing line.

The radar is even detecting some ppn to the south of Stratford-upon-Avon, fingers crossed it develops into something substantial and heads right this way.....

Currently 30.7°C with a dp of 13.9°C

Bish

Posted
1 minute ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Blimey, it's really starting to kick off to the east! Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire should be right in the firing line.

The radar is even detecting some ppn to the south of Stratford-upon-Avon, fingers crossed it develops into something substantial and heads right this way.....

Currently 30.7°C with a dp of 13.9°C

Bish

Pretty much every shower has missed me so far. Though that is allowing the temperature to increase, currently 31C.

Posted

See that lone orange cross. That was near me. Nothing here now except an increasing wind. I am really hoping. Fingers crossed because we are melting here.

Screenshot_20180726-163544_Samsung Internet.jpg

20180726_164205.jpg

Posted

32C now was not expecting it to keep warming up.