Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Well, it's bloomin' hot here, just outside Loughborough and it's my birthday. I am not a heat lover but I don't remember such a long spell of hot, dry weather, without it breaking down in a thunderstorm, which tends to be the case down south. 

If you like heat, enjoy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Happy Birthday

Apparently got up to 29.3*C, which amusingly, is ever, ever, so slightly cooler than yesterday. 

Might be a possibility of some storms towards the beginning of next week with Low Pressure to our South or South West (if that verifies of course) 

• Like 1

Posted

27C reached again. Pretty much the perfect temperature when humidity is low. Hope the met office forecast is correct. The thundery breakdown can happen in October.

N26062018.png

Edited by Snowy L
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Hottest day of the year so far here at 28.7 °C. Although not exceptional for the time of year, the unbroken and extremely strong sunshine today meant it felt very, very hot despite relatively low humidity.

Now, fingers crossed for the weekend. I'll be out in the countryside all day on Sunday, in a fairly heavily wooded area, so I really, really don't want any thundery breakdown to arrive until I'm safely home again! Monday would do me fine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Snowy L said:

27C reached again. Pretty much the perfect temperature when humidity is low. Hope the met office forecast is correct. The thundery breakdown can happen in October.

N26062018.png

Sea mist tomorrow to friday for our locations

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Yep here it comes.  Reached Brum as  usual. Such a pain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
18 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

horrible morning, wouldn't be surprised to get drizzle/haar, wonder how long it will take to lift

Don't worry, couple of hours at most, be surprised if it's that long with the sun's strength, got some of the dregs here, starting to lift already, only arrived 1/2 hour ago.

Posted

Yes, most of this murk should burn away inside the next couple of hours or so. There are already blue patches of sky appearing here.

Yesterday was another close shave here, with an eventual max of 29.3°C. It sounds as if tomorrow and possibly Sunday represent our best chances of notching up a 30°C or above.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
1 hour ago, Sweatyman said:

Yep here it comes.  Reached Brum as  usual. Such a pain

Just seems to be drifting in across the west of Birmingham now too. Shame.

Posted

I spoke too soon, didn't I? It's approaching 10:00 and the murk has, if anything, become thicker with zero blue sky now showing. Perhaps this will be the first day this week where I can venture outside without having to apply layers of suntan lotion beforehand.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
3 minutes ago, Bishop Brennan said:

I spoke too soon, didn't I? It's approaching 10:00 and the murk has, if anything, become thicker with zero blue sky now showing. Perhaps this will be the first day this week where I can venture outside without having to apply layers of suntan lotion beforehand.

Bish

Yep Bish...

Woke up early and it was clear and sunny.

By the time I got up at 08:00 it was murky. This cleared before 09:00, but it has closed in again.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

horrible morning, wouldn't be surprised to get drizzle/haar, wonder how long it will take to lift

The way you go on about this 'sea mist' really never fails to amaze me, we had a bit of cloud this morning which is the first we have seen in a long while, just enjoy the weather!

Posted

Take that back, its sunny again now. 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

22.5c here now with hardly a cloud in the sky.

Posted

22.6*C here with hardly a cloud in the sky.

Posted
1 hour ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

22.6*C here with hardly a cloud in the sky.

Amazing how quickly the conditions changed this morning - at around 10:30 we still had lots of murk overhead, and yet withing thirty minutes it had all burned completely away.

Monkspath is currently showing 22.5°C, but I think that might be glitched - the site was frozen for a couple of hours this morning, and according to Weatherobs most local stations are now showing temps of around 27°C

Bish

Posted

A nice refreshing easterly breeze today knocking 2c off yesterday`s hottest june day since 2000.

Wall to wall sun all day.

Posted

Peaked at 25C here. There is something extra nice about having zero cloud on a sunny day. Hope this continues for another 2 months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Snowy L said:

Perfect.

N27062018.png

Ay, cannot ask for better, but have a feeling next week miles hotter than that, humid too

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Yet to see a cloud this week. May not see one at all at this rate.

It is amazing. The sunsets and moon rise have been spectacular. You can see all the planes at high level too.

Cloudless days are rare round here, usually a few times a year I would say but we have had three back to back days now and more in site.

And the low humidity is making it perfect for even those who hate the sticky sunshine usually.

One issue tonight was the massive influx of horseflies and gnats. Was eaten alive on the dog walk. I went to Mexico and stayed at a hotel next to the jungle and had less bites.

• Like 2

Posted
8 hours ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Amazing how quickly the conditions changed this morning - at around 10:30 we still had lots of murk overhead, and yet withing thirty minutes it had all burned completely away.

Monkspath is currently showing 22.5°C, but I think that might be glitched - the site was frozen for a couple of hours this morning, and according to Weatherobs most local stations are now showing temps of around 27°C

Bish

Yeah, probably most likely a glitch. Noticed that the temperature was hovering around the 22*C mark for a while, but it did feel hotter than that. Particularly the further into the afternoon the day got. 

Must have slept through all the cloud this morning. Does show how powerful the sun is at this time of year when it can burn through all that cloud with a flick of a switch! 

The cloud will probably sneak back in tomorrow morning giving more work for the sun to do!