Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Yup, I’m up watching the lightning too.

Snow and storms are my 2 favourite weathers, so hop back on here when it’s either of those.

This lightning is amazing though eh?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

And now it's kicking off here. Radar no surprise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Incredible storms at mo, lightning every 20 seconds or so and thunder in between. Not seen/heard a storm as bad as this for years, quite incredible and it’s been going over an hour now.

The downside is if you’re awake it’s impossible to get back to sleep :-(

Posted

We have an overhead storm- lightning flashing in all directions, several very low rumbles that sound distant but are almost simultaneous with the flashes (elevated?)

Just had a good half hour out watching it, a long time since I could do that at night (2014 I think). 

And no rain. None at all. That's the weird bit.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Still going on around Brum, can’t remember a storm as severe as this for a long time, quite remarkable. Sadly there will likely be some negative consequences.

• Like 1

Posted

Constant lightning here in leicester!!aint seen a storm like this for a number of years!!and too think theres more heat and storms on the way!!bloody amazing!!

• Like 1

Posted

Still only had a little bit of rain (2 brief showers) but it's still flashing and booming. Most flashes seem to be towards the SW now which is odd as the band is moving SE-NW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Wow, this is a corker, wasn’t expecting it for another couple of hours. Am sat in the conservatory taking it all in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Morning!

I have just moved from Surrey up to the East Midlands. Whilst watching my tablet last night I was sure we had some lightning but wasn't 100%. Heard no thunder.

I have an amazingly accurate storm detector in the form of my dog, who is both excited and scared at the same time, so any nightime thunderstorms, which I love, result in me getting no sleep!

Anyhow, seems we had a little rain here, just East of Loughborough on the Wolds, but no storm. I watched the radar over where I used to live last night rather jealously, despite the fact I would have had no sleep.

Anyhow, been a netweather member for many years. Favourite weather's are storms, snow, high winds and heavy rain. Not fond of excessive heat so I will be the first to whinge lol.

Hopefully will get to know you all a bit better over time!

Current weather here is sunny and breezy. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Disappointing here in Telford, the main band early this morning fizzled out by the time it got close, then round 2 misses to the west! Sun is attempting to break through now so hopefully it will dry up and i can have a BBQ later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

I may well have slept through a thunderstorm here. I awoke at around 3 something to deep rumbles and flashes. Got up, but the lightning was disappearing northwards. Consulting the radar showed the storms had passed over us a little earlier. Went back to bed, awoke again around 5 to more thunder but nothing major developed out of it. All I have to show is a poor night's sleep! It's quite misty and still here this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold
31 minutes ago, Shane Wheeldon said:

Disappointing here in Telford, the main band early this morning fizzled out by the time it got close, then round 2 misses to the west! Sun is attempting to break through now so hopefully it will dry up and i can have a BBQ later.

We're in TF3 and it's not stopped here, no sign of sun yet!

Posted

north of the storm action in the mids at moment, fantastic morning, blue skies, warm sun. can just see the tops of the storms in the very far distance

maybe 40 to 50 miles away, hopefully the sun will last most of the day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!
40 minutes ago, BleakMidwinter said:

We're in TF3 and it's not stopped here, no sign of sun yet!

TF1 and not a sausage, there has been distant rumbles, it has gone dark here again but just rain, even my 5 year old said this is rubbish. He was in the garden with me and got very impatient kept saying why is the thunder not coming, i said even the storm's dont want to come to Telford!

Posted

Thunder woke me up at 3am a mild thunderstorm lasting until about 3.45,then went back to sleep plenty of nighttime lightning seems a few years since that.

Next was woken at 6am and back to back thundertorms all the way until 9.45am a record for breakfasttime that long.

Hail 3 times, torrential storms and over 50 mm of rain as it goes from drought to floods in no time,brook is flooded,2007 here we go again.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

An intense line of precipitation with associated lightning strikes is just south of our region, even now Gloucester should be hearing some rumbles. May arrive here within the hour. It's gotten more humid and warmer outside again.

Posted

More like thundery outbreaks of rain to south at the moment,infrequent thunder.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Dull grey boring humid hardly any sun. Wow Brum  . Now it's chucking it down