Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

proper summer today! would love whole summer to be like this, only guy next door, overweight with no top on yuk, no excuse for it, just wear a vest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Maxed out at 24.3 °C here in Bewdley, so we made 75 °F after all! Cloudless skies all day and feeling glorious. I always enjoy days like this in spring, since the air is still quite fresh, whereas when you get hot weather in August it's frequently sticky and uncomfortable. Also, no wasps in April! :D

Posted

High of 25oC today, brilliant for this time of year. Reminds me of the April 2003 heatwave, hopefully summer follows that year too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Back down to 10C now with mist,fog and drizzle, that band of cloud seems hooked over the central strip of the country at the moment, lets hope the sun can get to work on it and burn it off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A really pleasant day today, if anything nicer than yesterday thanks to the slightly fresher feel. Down almost five degrees on yesterday (max 19.7 °C), but unbroken sunshine so it still felt lovely. I'm going to miss this next week!

Posted

Looking good for some flashy boom boom today.

Warning from Met Monkey.

And from Estofex - http://www.estofex.org/cgi-bin/polygon/showforecast.cgi?text=yes&fcstfile=2018042206_201804202032_1_stormforecast.xml

30223DB2-F65F-46F7-B764-C093E5D3D897.jpeg

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Fingers and toes crossed.

cape.thumb.png.6d3dc18274ffbc0522ae119a303590b3.pngrate.thumb.png.128494c1042672015be7798248b2569f.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

A glorious few days here on the Malverns - wall-to-wall sunshine, currently 20'C. 

Some lightning activity coming across the channel - reckon it'll reach us later or fizzle out?

Posted

Looking  at the rain radar now ,will that storm  over Exeter  reach me in Ashbourne   tonight at 10 _ 11 pm  ,thoughts please 

Posted
18 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

miss here to the east

Yep, unless anything starts to develop over the Bristol Chnnel/S Wales area. That lot to the South is going East of us. The usual pattern!

Posted

Flashes of lightning here in south leicester!!cant believe  i am seeing a summer thunderstorm this early in spring!!amazing stuff!!it feels like mid summer out there than spring!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
On 4/18/2018 at 22:33, Midlands Ice Age said:
  • Yep pretty good for April.

I think it may be warmer than my trip to the Algarve/Southern Spain next week.:cc_confused:

I went to Morocco in mid Feb when it was colder  there than it was here.

Lightening cannot strike again.      Can it?

MIA 

Rain all day here MIA and 12c -13c.....Ill eat my trousers if your trip is/was worst than it was here today 8)

What a difference from last week :cc_confused:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Heavy drizzle here in the cloud, A very wet evening. Yes as you say dancer a big difference to last week even got the fire lit..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
Just now, Polar Maritime said:

Heavy drizzle here in the cloud, A very wet evening. 

You also PM :sorry: the rest of April into May regarding temps ain't looking nowhere near as good as it was last week......summer's been suspended for now :hi: 

graphe_ens4_jrm5.gif

• Like 1

Posted

Just had a small thunderstorm pass by Evesham, heading east :)    Possibly some C-G lightning as there was a power dip just before the first thunder.