Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Now its gone a little lighter I took another more accurate measurement and its measured 14cm on the grass :D but drifts are a foot or more 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

What a night! Only just got back to my family's house after a night out in Oxford and it must have snowed around 1-2 inches or so here! I had my beer javket on though so couldn't feel the cold :laugh::laugh:

20180318_054949.jpg

20180318_055017.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

It won't let me upload any pics! Coming down heavy again here just outside Stratford. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Snowsie said:

It won't let me upload any pics! Coming down heavy again here just outside Stratford. 

Try shrinking the image, and Yh it's pretty special estimate about 10cm here with big drifts in places. Really coming down heavy now. Very suprised by how much the whole Midlands has got.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Oh golly - awoke to a blanket of snow here on the Malverns! Still snowing now but it's that very fine stuff. Blowing everywhere, very pretty, sticking to everything too, even the fence panels. Currently -1.2'C. The cat hasn't been out in it, that pretty much tells you everything.

Posted

About 3 inches level snow in Evesham this morning with some drifting, and still snowing :)

I was only expecting a dusting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Bit of a surprise on awakening this morning, between 4 and 5 inches must have fallen for a guess, and it's still coming down, temp is down to -2.8C.

Posted

Well it's still snowing lightly ❄️❄️❄️

Just measured 8cm of level snow ??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Well me night out happened but it was a real struggle to get home this morning, fair play to the taxi driver. They say mini beast.... this is far worse than the first one. Absolute whiteout out there unless I’m too drunk ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
19 minutes ago, nobble said:

Well it's still snowing lightly ❄️❄️❄️

Just measured 8cm of level snow ??

There's still small flakes falling now, slowly getting lighter, might be the end of it soon.

Edited by DIS1970
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
1 minute ago, nobble said:

Now showing snow this afternoon evening ????

What is? Lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Morning all, 

Looks like the region struck lucky again. Certainly here in Nuneaton we got a decent covering. 

IMG_20180318_072032.thumb.jpg.bb8bd08267ede857266b34756ecac9c6.jpgIMG_20180318_072043.thumb.jpg.a5db8a5a82f765cd07eca2d00e107116.jpgIMG_20180318_072549.thumb.jpg.eb3024699c961465fc068bbbcaddef66.jpg

A shorter event than beast 1 but considering the lateness comparable here for the amount of powder snow and also the cold wind. 

Have a good day ?. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
5 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Gales with light moderate snow and severe drifting continues. Cut off again with drifts wall to wall on lane.

20180318_072351.thumb.jpg.0b550152684192e479ab900a8e12f6ad.jpg

That looks mighty impressive Pm. ?

• Like 2

Posted

Stopped here in Nottingham. Very difficult to measure snow depth as drifting is just as bad as last time. Some pavements are barely covered while others have over a foot. Not as much as Wednesday/Thursday 2 weeks ago but still brilliant, especially as we are in 2nd half of March now. What a way to end winter :)

Posted
10 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

What is? Lol 

The comedy app ??

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy L said:

Stopped here in Nottingham. Very difficult to measure snow depth as drifting is just as bad as last time. Some pavements are barely covered while others have over a foot. Not as much as Wednesday/Thursday 2 weeks ago but still brilliant, especially as we are in 2nd half of March now. What a way to end winter :)

I don't think it's over just yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Hello. Just popped up from the South East regional thread. We got a little splattering here near Gatwick. We have had precious little all winter.

I am moving to the East Midlands in 6 weeks. Gutted to have missed out on your event. 

Anyhow will join you all in a few weeks. But I warn you I seem to have a negative effect on snow! :oops::rofl:

• Like 2

Posted

I might be just be hoping or imagining this, but the area of precip does looks like its, trying to fill in from the the NE.