Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
2 minutes ago, bearing said:

Whereabouts are you?

Matlock in Derbyshire. All our nice heavy snow symbols have just changed to light snow, apart from a few still showing in the early hours of tomorrow. An hour ago we were showing heavy snow from 4pm today until tomorrow breakfast time. 

Posted
1 minute ago, DerbyshireDales said:

Matlock in Derbyshire. All our nice heavy snow symbols have just changed to light snow, apart from a few still showing in the early hours of tomorrow. An hour ago we were showing heavy snow from 4pm today until tomorrow breakfast time. 

You're still showing under the amber warning though.  I'd stick to watching the radar and lamppost watching. 

You can add your location in the profile bit of the forum, it helps everyone to locate where the snow is or isn't.

Posted

This is a lot of fun :)

All afternoon, the pattern here has basically been: Sunny / Cloudy / Mini-blizzard then back to Sunny again before the next lot moves in

Bish

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, snow freak said:

oh please, the way you're going on you would be snowed in by now.

Nice tone. What's your problem? 

Never mind. Blocked. Can't be bothered with such people.

Another heavy shower. Possibly the heaviest so far.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, snow freak said:

oh please, the way you're going on you would be snowed in by now.

Blimey, who has upset you?  He's enjoying the snow racing through and in the north of the region the heavy showers are racing through.  He had next to nothing in the last blast so he certainly deserves a bit of fun. 

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Nice tone. What's your problem? 

Never mind. Blocked. Can't be bothered with such people.

Another heavy shower. Possibly the heaviest so far.

We're just having our heaviest of the afternoon, great fun.  Can just see the blue sky poking through on the back end of it so almost through.  They're really flying through these showers.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm amazed at how strong this wind has been today, some really huge gusts. Easy to see why these showers are blowing through so quickly.

Currently 0.6°C with a dp of -6.2°C

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I thought this forum was for like, you know, discussing the weather?

Perhaps someone has snow envy. :D

Posted
26 minutes ago, bearing said:

You're still showing under the amber warning though.  I'd stick to watching the radar and lamppost watching. 

You can add your location in the profile bit of the forum, it helps everyone to locate where the snow is or isn't.

Done :) 

We’ve just gone from that downgrade to a massive upgrade now. Ha ha. MO can’t make up their minds! ?

We are having big flurries now. Still not much settling though. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, DerbyshireDales said:

Done :) 

We’ve just gone from that downgrade to a massive upgrade now. Ha ha. MO can’t make up their minds! ?

We are having big flurries now. Still not much settling though. 

Happy days...

Good fun watching it though, even with it not settling much.  Once the sun goes down we should get more accumulations.

• Like 1

Posted

I never knew such a community of snow lovers existed! Out and about today and everyone you speak to moans about the snow! I'm at home now, looking forward to an evening of snow watching!

• Like 2

Posted

I give up counting the showers/blizzards because they've become so persistent. Warning has only just come into place and the models don't show any settling snow here for several hours yet but there's a good covering already. Nice bonus and should be a fun night! 

Posted

Sky to the east is now beginning to look like the shower clouds are merging.  Not seeing any blue sky bar what is a couple of miles to my north east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
Just now, MattStoke said:

I give up counting the showers/blizzards because they've become so persistent. Warning has only just come into place and the models don't show any settling snow here for several hours yet but there's a good covering already. Nice bonus and should be a fun night! 

Yeah I lost track too. This shower over the top now seems to have merged with another and at that point probably time to give up counting! Grass is doing well from this, tarmac not so well but no surprise after the warmth this week.

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

I've given up with the forecasts. They were way off in the last event (for my area anyhow). Will just sit and hope for the best! Is it too early for a beer?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Strange thing to say, but I'd like the showers to die off until sun down. They are melting immediately and leaving puddles on the main road. Where the suns sheltered, any snow is still there. But I'd like it to dry out before dark and then there's a better chance of anything falling leaving a covering. 

Still not expecting to see any snow sticking but this all today is a huge bonus.

Glad Matt has copped it today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Seems like more organised stuff later but these showers have been fun. Moderate snow here the past hour grass and pavements covered.