Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

As much as I love winter, it is nice to leave work in daylight ?

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Pleasant day for the most part here, with temperatures up to nearly 10 °C and plenty of sunshine. For once I hope we avoid snow tonight, as someone I know absolutely must travel early tomorrow morning. I can't imagine the roads will be blocked, but it'll be one more thing to worry about.

Posted

Snowman still alive over 100 hours old now ?

Be on life support soon though 

some of the big drifts still about too

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Winter80s said:

May be snowman may have a kiss of life tonight 

Maybe , hope so but seems a knife edge situation at best in my humble opinion ; also only my humble opinion again but think the next 10 winters will be v interesting cold and snow wise ??

• Like 1

People should be grateful for milder weather. Much better for society as a whole, particularly for the homeless and elderly. Here in the Midlands, this cold spell has lead no water in places, gas supplies running low, schools closed, people stuck in their cars in for over 20 hours. And some behave like 5 year old kids when they see snow falling and have no care for anyone else.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
1 minute ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

People should be grateful for milder weather. Much better for society as a whole, particularly for the homeless and elderly. Here in the Midlands, this cold spell has lead no water in places, gas supplies running low, schools closed, people stuck in their cars in for over 20 hours. And some behave like 5 year old kids when they see snow falling and have no care for anyone else.

People are equally ungrateful in 30C heat, with no consideration for at risk groups, eveyone has different limits, you simply can't have 'one weather fits all'.

• Like 1

Posted

And some are self righteous pr*ks who berate others for having a love of a certain weather type. Yeah, so grateful for the boring dreariness. Never mind that mild weather can be just as inconvenient, miserable and disruptive for some.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

yellow warning out for the Midlands but would this yellow warning of snow bear fruit i wander nder  it would be good to see a last little bit of snow before spring properly kicks in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

And some are self righteous pr*ks who berate others for having a love of a certain weather type. Yeah, so grateful for the boring dreariness.

agree i'd use ignore option, cannot reply then

Posted

And some are self righteous pr*ks who berate others for having a love of a certain weather type. Yeah, so grateful for the boring dreariness. Never mind that mild weather can be just as inconvenient, miserable and disruptive for some.

Agree Matt:)

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

agree i'd use ignore option, cannot reply then

It doesn't seem to give me the option :-/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

It doesn't seem to give me the option :-/

hover arrow over name, WalsallWeather123, at bottom on left side, 'ignore user'

Posted
1 minute ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

Loool. As a whole for society in every possible way, safety being the main thing, this weather is better than last week. No denying that

Well actually these temps have caused burst water pipes, flooding issues as well. Even more issues then last week.

Posted
Just now, AppleUK 123 said:

Well actually these temps have caused burst water pipes, flooding issues as well. Even more issues then last week.

Yep. A slower thaw without added moisture from rain would have caused less issues. I despise mild winter weather for walking, photography and weather interest. It is rotten. I give people who hate cold weather as much sympathy as they give me in mild winter weather - None :D 

On 06/03/2018 at 13:28, MattStoke said:

Already bored with this milder weather. Don't understand people cheering the prospect of mild weather at this time of year. It's not real warmth. It's not like it's 20 degrees+ and sunny. It's 7 degrees and dreary. 

When this dude moans about milder weather no one cares. When I moan about cold weather everyone jumps on me. The cold bias is ridiculous

Posted
Just now, WalsallWeather123 said:

Due to the freezing temps last week. If that never occured nor would have the burst pipes etc

I understand, well I for one love cold and snowy weather and hope that the beast from the east returns again this season!

• Like 1

Posted

Yep. A slower thaw without added moisture from rain would have caused less issues. I despise mild winter weather for walking, photography and weather interest. It is rotten. I give people who hate cold weather as much sympathy as they give me in mild winter weather - None :D 

Lol, that's the way to do it Matt:)

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

hover arrow over name, WalsallWeather123, at bottom on left side, 'ignore user'

Cool. Thanks. I thought you had to click on the person's profile. Spent ages trying to work it out. 

I see he has quoted me but I can't see the quote haha.

Mymum is 83 and hates mild damp weather really affects her joints.  Born in 1934 she lived through 47 63 and says 80s was nothing.  Always happy when it snows and cold like myself.  Better prep is needed.  Still cannot understand bust pipes not record bresking cold may be better infrastrcture.  Wet leads to flooding like 2007.  Lot more destructive

Posted

The weather is the weather, it doesn't care about anyone

1 minute ago, Winter80s said:

Mymum is 83 and hates mild damp weather really affects her joints.  Born in 1934 she lived through 47 63 and says 80s was nothing.  Always happy when it snows and cold like myself.  Better prep is needed.  Still cannot understand bust pipes not record bresking cold may be better infrastrcture.  Wet leads to flooding like 2007.  Lot more destructive

Agree:)