Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

1A510DAB-C9C9-4B62-9A34-9178866F1D6D.thumb.png.87189fa32213e655bcf1a5a9dc1a820e.png

Hey there Midlanders!

Please continue your discussions of the weather here in the Midlands. :) 

It’s been a fun week overall. Most of us seeing heaps of snow, and even blizzards with gale force winds. Snow pretty much falling everyday here from Monday till Saturday! What’s been impressive is the depth of the cold with the -15*C 850 hPa temperatures greeting us and seeing snow that is of the dry and powdery kind! What a roller coaster it’s been as well - the suspense and tension of seeing those snow bands trying to hold their power as they head to the North Midlands and instances where a heavy snow shower might have missed an area by a mile or two to the North, South, West, or East! With a thaw now evident, looks like it is farewell for the snow for most (though always that possibility of snow paying more visits further down the line). But it’s been great and have enjoyed reading all the reports and chats!

As usual, please be on your best behaviour in here and watch what you do with your toys! Cheers

Previous thread: 

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

1A510DAB-C9C9-4B62-9A34-9178866F1D6D.thumb.png.87189fa32213e655bcf1a5a9dc1a820e.png

Hey there Midlanders!

Please continue your discussions of the weather here in the Midlands. :) 

It’s been a fun week overall. Most of us seeing heaps of snow, and even blizzards with gale force winds. Snow pretty much falling everyday here from Monday till Saturday! What’s been impressive is the depth of the cold with the -15*C 850 hPa temperatures greeting us and seeing snow that is of the dry and powdery kind! What a roller coaster it’s been as well - the suspense and tension of seeing those snow bands trying to hold their power as they head to the North Midlands and instances where a heavy snow shower might have missed an area by a mile or two to the North, South, West, or East! With a thaw now evident, looks like it is farewell for the snow for most (though always that possibility of snow paying more visits further down the line). But it’s been great and have enjoyed reading all the reports and chats!

As usual, please be on your best behaviour in here and watch what you do with your toys! Cheers ?

Previous thread: 

I've always thought as winter as being the most interesting season, after all, it's the only season you get twice per year :-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

was amazing too that the Kent/South london thread got through over 300 pages in 5 days

will be amazed if this is anywhere near that many by Xmas!

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Well, I'm in a good mood at the start of this thread... as I've found my missing snow-measuring ruler! :D Turns out I'd dropped it in a snowdrift. Of course, I probably won't need it again for some months, but hey!

Snow cover in the garden down to about 20%, and it's north-facing so none of that was sun. Max today 7.3 °C, which felt almost tropical!

• Like 1

Think the models will pick up a trend to cold blast soon.  Air doesnt have to be so cold in spring for snow.  Convection too.  Could see some heavy snow showers.  Remember 81 followed week of mid 60 plus temps then boom almosr foot Easter Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Well Well what a ride it's been I hope every1 enjoyed all the snow and cold it's raining on and off here. still have quite a bit of snow cover left but i think it will be gon by tomorrow. If there's one thing i learned from this cold sbell is that cold air is not so hard to shift all this talk that cold is hard to remove well this time it proved that it isn't.

Posted
53 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

I've always thought as winter as being the most interesting season, after all, it's the only season you get twice per year :-)

Good point! 

It’s an interesting season I agree, except for the shorter days lol (but it’s fine towards Christmas), and also those days where it’s chilly and wet, but not quite cold enough to snow lol! ?

Posted

Well I think many of us can agree that its been a very good Winter 2017/18 here in the Midlands with 2 very good snow episodes here and more elsewhere and a good number of days when snow fell. I suppose as time goes on the focus will shift to more spring like and summery weather though that doesn't mean snow isn't still possible for a while yet. One good thing about having late cold spell however is it shortens the gap between the previous Winters last wintry episode and the start of the following Winter. Hopefully this was just a taster for what we can expect in the next batch of Winters to come and that the practically snowless drought we had to endure from Winter 2013/14 to 2016/17 is over and we can look forward to the next few at least with more confidence of actually receiving some good cold and snowy spells.

• Like 4

Posted

Cold is hard to shift as its freezing now at 1.3c snow has frozen.

Ice rink next.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted

Like some of the members in here

my snowman has lost his head ??❄️❄️❄️

Posted

I’m so sorry to hear what happened to peoples’ snowmen! ? They seem to have such short lives! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
26 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Another air frost -0.1c

Hi Snowy. That really is quite surprising. Is the sky clear?

I have dropped from a max of 5.3C, to now 3.0C.

If the skies clear we may get a frost later on. 

MIA

Posted
7 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Hi Snowy. That really is quite surprising. Is the sky clear?

I have dropped from a max of 5.3C, to now 3.0C.

If the skies clear we may get a frost later on. 

MIA

Skies clear here currently at 2c all melted snow has formed sheet ice ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

I want the snow back, it only rained one day , and me and the niece already got drenched in it earlier :( 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

The only snow left here is the snow from clearing the path and drive. ?. I suppose to of had and lost is better than to never of had at all. ?

Edited by Fozfoster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Ridiculous Fantasy Island stuff I know, but the 18z GFS has snow across the Midlands for most of Tuesday 13th...

Edited by Arctic Hare
  • Like 2