Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
5 minutes ago, fromey said:

Well get a load of this, I tweeted John Hammond and this is his response 

B0F720DC-7FBE-4ED3-8CD3-3025A41E92DA.jpeg

Nice one fromey, good work ! Get yourself a beer ? speaking of which, I’m completely out. Cleared a fridge pack last night :oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
30 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

Amazing how just 20 - 30 minutes of the 'big' flakes, can turn the landscape white, when it was not sticking at all before

Great scenes, just staring up at the sky, can see those big flakes way up there, making their way down, and all swirling about in the wind

That's the best thing about heavy snow in the day time, when you look up at the sky and you can see all those large flakes on there way down. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
Just now, karlos1983 said:

Nice one fromey, good work ! Get yourself a beer ? speaking of which, I’m completely out. Cleared a fridge pack last night :oops:

:drunk-emoji:

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
7 minutes ago, fromey said:

Well get a load of this, I tweeted John Hammond and this is his response 

B0F720DC-7FBE-4ED3-8CD3-3025A41E92DA.jpeg

Lets hope this becomes the next snowy surprise... could end up better than last easterly... 

Just drove to shepton mallet thinking main road would be ok and wow the drifts are getting similar to the last event. Long hill out of shepton is not safe to drive with those drifts encroaching on road. :shok:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

can’t upload a 917kb photo.. yep. Wtf!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

im going to remember this winter for a long time; 2018: The year with 3 *wink wink* Beasts from The East!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

http://uksnowmap.com/

look in the south-east, this will hit us later

Posted
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Just looked in on the SW

Torquay looks to be bang in the firing line for the streamer from NOW!

Heavy snow!!!

Its a crazy Spring Mr Murr. What of Easter? Some of us gardeners are getting twitchy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Gonna stick my kneck out I'm forever the optimist, I think we are gonna see a second event tonight that's snuck through the back door, you know you all love a back door entrance!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Can’t tell if it’s snowing or it’s just falling from trees!

Posted

In other news, met office reckons light snow from 9pm till 4am, with 2 hours of heavy snow in between..!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun
19 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Just looked in on the SW

Torquay looks to be bang in the firing line for the streamer from NOW!

Heavy snow!!!

I'm waiting for the next lot of heavy snow to get some more pics. Keeping my eye on the webcam, its definitely picking up again here.

http://www.skylinewebcams.com/webcam/united-kingdom/england/torquay/torquay.html

Maybe in the next 30 minutes that cam will get nasty again. If it gets anything like it did this morning I will feel spoilt although I've waited decades to have the experience I had in the blizzard earlier. Last time that happened I was a lad about 12 and lived in Yorkshire.

• Like 1

also the amber warning i find a little perplexing.......i have been removed from it (and many  others along the north coast) when places that are east of me (inland) are all in an amber warning, surely whatever snowfall they will get i will get 10 mins later, would have been better to put the amber warning right to the coast.....people live there too (ie bude).

Edited by Gardening Landscapes
spelling

Posted

HSBC, NATWEST, LLOYDS.. BANK!!!

54D7FBAD-9F40-4369-B1A6-E558434C0CEA.thumb.png.0e431ab6a1694c454af679d953ae3359.png

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

EURO4 really goes for tonight 

With further accumulations

16F5F817-3407-483B-8E6A-8072DE8B5665.thumb.gif.9677304db58e6cac9c8c2aa39485a71e.gif

Unless you live in Winchester lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

HSBC, NATWEST, LLOYDS.. BANK!!!

54D7FBAD-9F40-4369-B1A6-E558434C0CEA.thumb.png.0e431ab6a1694c454af679d953ae3359.png

I'm mildly excited by possible round 2 :D

Who needs spring anyway :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

I’m noting that the back edge of the pricip over the sw is backfilling towards me.... that would be some backfill if it gets to me however 

lastsnowradar_uk.gif 

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
1 hour ago, Man With Beard said:

Is this going to be the "Biggie" for south Devon today? Very jealous! Lived there for a very very long time in hope for this day, had to put up with 30 minutes of sleet while the rest of the country got covered so so many times. Well seems it's payback time. Anything over 6 inches is massive down there. If you live in Devon or Cornwall, keep the reports coming in please!!!

Well I was resisting posting as I didn't want to let the SW team down, and it seems it might not be over just yet! 

So, as you have asked for updates @Man With Beard, I'd say at the moment, it is sadly another "close, but no cigar" IMBY,  Most of the South Hams has been hammered, but the extreme South West of the South Hams has its shields up again.

We had an hour of snow from 11:30 that turned everything white apart from the roads. It has all but gone now.  The kids in the local park have resorted to using their sledges on the slide!

I'm eagerly watching the next batch heading across from Kingsbridge, but it continues to evaporate before it reaches here.  After that, it looks like there is another chance coming in from the South, but my suspicion, based on radar progress alone, is that the Eastern edge will break up and anything that is left will be to the West.  

Sorry if that sounds negative - I've had a great time, really I have!  I shall remember the fine powder snow and roaring Easterly for many years to come, but the reality is that the snowfall *volumes* have not been that dramatic in this area.