Jump to content

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And it's 'eyes down' for the full house......Tonight's bingo card!  

BINGO!    Full House.....  ;-)   Oh my goodness, my giddy aunt What is this, spring with a new slant? I said I didn't want you, go away snow But I'm here again, eyes all aglow

To help pass the time, lets play a game....Netweather South West Thread Bingo.....no prizes for the winner apart from the accolade of being a bit of a smarty pants

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

is that snow then coming from the south-east going to pep?

I think best advice would now be to look away for a few hours (radar) and check back later. I’m content, so if it does materialise it will be a big billy bonus as far as I’m concerned. But I am expecting something to happen, as all the short range hi-res models are running with it. We shall see. 

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tavistock has a slight dusting, but seems areas close to the coast have it worse. Just got back from bere Alston and it was heavy snow there when we left. My old stomping ground on Dartmoor might have done well in particular the east side I would have thought

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, festivalking said:

We'v finally hit the pay load here in Devon. More snow here than last time!

The road around the entrance to the prison was looking fantastic a couple of hours ago but I know they've had loads more since then. A lovely hot chocolate and tea cakes for breakfast sat by the fire at the Two Bridges looking out at the snow. Absolute bliss. ??

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jase74 said:

Tavistock has a slight dusting, but seems areas close to the coast have it worse. Just got back from bere Alston and it was heavy snow there when we left. My old stomping ground on Dartmoor might have done well in particular the east side I would have thought

 

Princetown area seems to be doing pretty well, but no surprises there though ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The last few weeks have totally skewed my concept of what constitutes heavy, moderate and light snowfall, but I'd probably describe the snowfall in Exeter as moderate at the moment. Still steady and the radar looks good for us for a little while yet

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing how just 20 - 30 minutes of the 'big' flakes, can turn the landscape white, when it was not sticking at all before

Great scenes, just staring up at the sky, can see those big flakes way up there, making their way down, and all swirling about in the wind

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SNOW CRYSTAL said:

Princetown area seems to be doing pretty well, but no surprises there though ?

My old stomping ground! Saw some massive snow totals up there! Long old winter sometimes up there

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Light snow = "Oooh look, its snowing"

Moderate snow = "Might settle if it keeps up for a while"

Heavy snow = "Slow down a bit, windscreen wipers not clearing it enough to see properly but its okay as everything is suddenly moving slower"

Whiteout = "Can't see a blessed thing, oopps cars are stopping, yup, we're stuck"

Edited by EllyTech
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

You may argue how you put your bloody jam and cream on your scones but there is no arguing this is truly remarkable weather event for Devon and Cornwall and you can be united in this wonderful day :yahoo:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blizzardof82 said:

You may argue how you put your bloody jam and cream on your scones but there is no arguing this is truly remarkable weather event for Devon and Cornwall and you can be united in this wonderful day :yahoo:

So.. which county has the snow settling on the ground, and the ground settling on the snow?

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Is this going to be the "Biggie" for south Devon today? Very jealous! Lived there for a very very long time in hope for this day, had to put up with 30 minutes of sleet while the rest of the country got covered so so many times. Well seems it's payback time. Anything over 6 inches is massive down there. If you live in Devon or Cornwall, keep the reports coming in please!!!

This was at 11:39 this morning in Torquay when it had only been snowing for around 90 minutes. It's been light for the last few hours but picking up again now.

snow_measurement.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What did thaw briefly has now turned in to icicles!

 

also why do I have to take screenshot of a picture just to upload it????!!!!!

9EB97DBE-2825-4CB2-8FD9-681E0A4F7F72.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fromey said:

What did thaw briefly has now turned in to icicles!

 

also why do I have to take screenshot of a picture just to upload it????!!!!!

9EB97DBE-2825-4CB2-8FD9-681E0A4F7F72.jpeg

Size of the image. If you edit the image and zoom a bit it reduces the image size and it works 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TQWX said:

This was at 11:39 this morning in Torquay when it had only been snowing for around 90 minutes. It's been light for the last few hours but picking up again now.

snow_measurement.jpg

Took my area all night to get that - and that depth only on cars and on non-tarmaced type of surfaces. Its amazing and I'm really happy to be reading all about it from you all.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Size of the image. If you edit the image and zoom a bit it reduces the image size and it works 

The picture in its original state is 1.9mb, so I don’t get it.

i was able to do it before but not now

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...