Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not bad... :good:

6E50F079-B558-44AD-AF55-BDF23CA63C5B.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

It's coming down thick and fast now, small flakes though, the empty void on the  radar clear of precipitation is drifting west and we'e back into the heavy stuff finally. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

Morning all. Woke up to around a good 4 inches of level snow this morning, had been pretty windy overnight to so excpect there are some good drifts around!

20180318_070256.thumb.jpg.a7851bc3f3ae1909d8a7fe119c5dec20.jpg

Looks like we've had the best of the heavier stuff here now although I notice the Meto app has picked up the snow the short range models have for this evening at last.

Once again the Hirlam has been spot on so I think you guys to the west can expect a long period of heavy snow today :cold:

Edited by wiltshire weather
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

I was very nervous when I looked at the radar at 5am to see the snow was just to my right and looked like it was going to miss me.  Fortunately it is pepping up nicely in the Channel and it is snowing quite hard here now.  Hope everyone else gets some too.  Off for my first walk of no doubt many today.  Just waiting for the fields to go white so I can go sledging.  Fortunately there won't be any hidden frozen molehills like there were the last time, by god they hurt!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Look like I must have fell asleep around 3., well just woke up and we have such a good covering!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

More like 3 inches. Some nice drifting aswell against the fences. Will get my ruler out later. 

119635CE-8D46-4A78-8ECA-6903BF40F5AF.jpeg

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 3

Posted

18thMarchpic2.thumb.JPG.59346183e03ea20e4d0723cc7885337b.JPG5aae1246bacd1_18thMarch2018pic1.thumb.JPG.b1fb11d855cc4f44ab6954f1881b080e.JPG 

Getting well dumped on here in Gloucester. We were always in the yellow warning area but with more to come I am surprised the metoffice have been so slow to extend the amber area over to us and further north. Either way a great surprise 

John in Quedgeley, just south of Gloucester p.s. The Cotswolds must be getting buried !

• Like 7

Posted
2 hours ago, That ECM said:

If you get what we are getting at the moment then you'll have a fun couple of hours. What's your thoughts on the snow this evening. Been a bit of an upgrade imo for the south coast.

Coming down quite hard here now, still blades of grass showing though, I won’t be truly happy until the last one is flattened and out of sight!

Definite increase in interest for the south coast for some bonus snow late Sunday. Still pinching myself, incredible stuff ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
7 hours ago, snowponies said:

I agree too, couple of cms out there now and it's so peaceful watching it fall. Lovely big flakes too! Hoping we get a good covering tonight ? 

Not much here at all after the initial hope. How's it over your way @snowponies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Bournemouth for once in the firing line. Proper coming down?? quality??? nothing on the radar then the showers develop in the channel and head for us. 

IMG_0738.PNG

Edited by That ECM
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winter, hot summer

It's coming down very thick now. All surfaces now completely white. Can understand why the Weymouth half marathon was cancelled now!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun & Snow :)

Happy sun'snow'day! 

Snow stopped here. skies looking ominous out to my south east. only have about an inch, roads and garden paths are fine.

good luck all, stay safe and have fun!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Nice blob approaching here and back building nicely as well. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winter, hot summer
2 minutes ago, s4lancia said:

Where abouts are you in Weymouth? 

Posted

Good morning each. Got about 3cm overnight, just on the edge of the next band of ppn. Light snow started again. Good luck all for snow in the ides of March!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Met reckons heavy snow until 9, light snow until 11. One or two hours of snow this afternoon. And 4 hours of heavy snow tonight. Nice.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

Urm we’ve had a fair bit of snow.. more than the first beast from east maybe? I would say a good 6ins? But haven’t bothered to go outside. looking at the radar though think we are coming out of it. What was forecast for most of the day I think has got through. Wasn’t expecting that much. It is though I think quite wet so not sure how today’s temps will fair with it etc. It is quite beautiful and am tempted to get up and go for an earliesh walk . Don’t think the neddies will be ridden anyhow this morn. Enjoy those to the west of me. You’ve fun to come . 

We've had more than either snow event this winter and it's still coming down 

• Like 1

Posted

Just woke up and snowing here. Light stuff. Around 3 inches by look of it. Half of total from last time. But not bad for this time of year.

Heavier stuff to SW of here i guess?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Bristol, Cardiff and surrounding areas could be in for at least 5-6 of heavy snowfall by the looks on the radar.

Yep, plenty coming up from the south and with the area of low pressure very very slow moving the feed of the channel will just keep coming :)

IMG_3472.thumb.PNG.1eb469b96052c24a474d97c5b1599587.PNG

• Like 2

Posted

Talk about gutted last night. I was out for evening and was looking forward to walking home in the snow. I become unwell and had to come home early where I promptly went to bed. Got up this morning and wow! A nice dumping here in Poole. I honestly didn't expect that. It looks so lovely. I'm going to have to go through the thread and read the excitement from earlier lol

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun & Snow :)
2 minutes ago, chris55 said:

Yep, plenty coming up from the south and with the area of low pressure very very slow moving the feed of the channel will just keep coming :)

IMG_3472.thumb.PNG.1eb469b96052c24a474d97c5b1599587.PNG

snowing here lightly ahead of the band

• Like 1