Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

I was about to attempt to get some sleep until I looked at the radar and saw a heavy blob heading towards me. Now I’m waiting for that to arrive instead. 

I'm listening to Dire Straits so all hope is lost for me, anyway!  :D

1010057.thumb.jpg.d612e3154c3398c1c0a4db794cff1400.jpg

Still not sticking to concrete or road surfaces. I should imagine they'll be fine by dawn.

Sod it, I'm just going to stay up now. Not sure if this is a local thing but we've had quite heavy snow for the past few hours even though we were down for light.

Still  not sticking much to roads but a nice covering elsewhere. 

Next hour and half look good here and may get some light snow Sunday evening as well. 

Looking at the radar I think we made tonight's sweet spot. It's pivoting through just North of Bristol. Elly, Jay and me are gonna do well!! :D

Lowest the temp has gotten so far..

Screenshot_2018-03-18-03-45-13.thumb.png.b167e8d1547290accde9c0e7fc78f85f.png

2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Sod it, I'm just going to stay up now. Not sure if this is a local thing but we've had quite heavy snow for the past few hours even though we were down for light.

Not sure what is supposed to happen but Cornwall aren't getting much right now, though, are in an Amber warning. Either there is another twist to this or we have a shift in the forecasted system.

3 minutes ago, kumquat said:

Looking at the radar I think we made tonight's sweet spot. It's pivoting through just North of Bristol. Elly, Jay and me are gonna do well!! :D

I was just thinking that, seems to pivot around us lol.

3 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Not sure what is supposed to happen but Cornwall aren't getting much right now, though, are in an Amber warning. Either there is another twist to this or we have a shift in the forecasted system.

The snow moving west is supposed to stall over that area and then slowly move south meaning the area in the sw has the heavy stuff for longer.

3 minutes ago, kumquat said:

Actually, most of tonight's stuff is going straight into Wales

2 minutes ago, That ECM said:

The snow moving west is supposed to stall over that area and then slowly move south meaning the area in the sw has the heavy stuff for longer.

Thanks. But they've got some catching up to do if they're to get ahead of our stalled snow pivot.

Edited by EllyTech

Better snow than last time! It's the wet type, with 50p flakes falling here in Cardiff! 

1 minute ago, Panayiotis said:

Better snow than last time! It's the wet type, with 50p flakes falling here in Cardiff! 

Yep same here, I'm near rhiwbina and it's hammering down must have easily over 2 inches now.

I'm in town centre at the moment, sticking on most surfaces apart from roads and somebody pavements 

Trying to hold a phone still for 30 seconds is quite tricky.

20180318_035913.thumb.jpg.04392d382acd967070ff608492a66800.jpg

2 minutes ago, Panayiotis said:

I'm in town centre at the moment, sticking on most surfaces apart from roads and somebody pavements 

In stitches... :rofl: ... You'll need to stick to the road, lol. 

Coming down steady here on the Isle of Wight. A couple of inches has layed on the road outside my house. Not sure what the main roads are like. Will find out in a minute.... I'm off for a walk up the downs..

22 minutes ago, kumquat said:

I'm listening to Dire Straits so all hope is lost for me, anyway!  :D

Although, your profile pic is one of the coolest men, so you're allowed... So say we all! :D