Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Last surving snow, should be gone today maybe tomorrow.

IMG_20180305_080456685_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180305_080431012_HDR.jpg

:D

I love seeing the snowmen defiantly hanging on to the end of winter even if it's  9 degrees

• Like 1

Posted

Just wanted to say a huge thanks guys for the entertainment this winter. I don't post much as my forecasting skills consist of opening the window and seeing which way the clouds are moving :rofl: but I love the fact that most of the crazy people on this site share the same dream against all odds of it ever coming true, until now!!!  Outsiders just really don't get it. Anyway, I hope you all managed to get what you wanted and that it'll give you renewed enthusiasm for next winter. Love the photos by the way. 

• Like 6

Posted
11 hours ago, Frosty hollows said:

Pressure 983, temp 5.6c

Not been online much today. Been struck down by norovirus ??

Oh gosh poor you. I can relate!! I'm still not right day 8 ... Are you tucked up in bed nice and warm? Big hugs from one sick bowl to another lol

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, festivalking said:

Proper nasty. Snow melt and novovirus in one day!

Now that is a bad day!!

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

I hope you recover very quickly .

i had an ear infection last week. I had temp spikes and then horrible chills . 

Temp down to 1.8C and pressure at 985Hpa  wind direction SSW. 

It's the stress of the snow I tell ya! Lowered all of our immune systems! We need some nice warm sun

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, warmintim said:

Driven in to the Uni (Bath) this morning along the A36 and I am amazed at how big the drifts still are. On Brassknocker hill there is one point where only 1 car can go at a time as there is a huge drift still there.

Amazing spell of weather for me - I loved the long run in - model run tension, including the mini wobble about 5 days out from the arrival of the easterly (as in -'it's all going south to France...'), and the beautiful days of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (sunny with the odd shower making it across. Then walking the dog on Wednesday night with the streamer just reaching us and watching very fine powder snow blowing in the wind at -5.9 deg C. Waking on Thursday to see snow already arrived and still snowing, deciding to work from home, before work actually closed at 1pm. Then the main event hitting, slowly at first, but gradually getting heavier during a 2 hour walk, and then just watching as it never stopped until 11 pm. Fantastic day Friday - temps below freezing all day, so no melting at all, no-one moving anywhere (if they had any sense). A little top up in the afternoon (not as much as some, but who's complaining?). A walk on Saturday through some superb snowdrifts on Cradle Hill (no ufo's were seen...). Scenes just like the 80's.

And now its mostly gone, and spring on its way (hopefully!)

28337553_10155771673138692_2499707696333952302_o.jpg

28423552_10155777517643692_8972398331215583738_o.jpg

Tim, you'll be pleased to know I don't recognise you ! Fantastic scenes up Cradle Hill.

What time were you out on Wednesday night? We walked back from a meal in town at about 9pm and it felt surreal!

Posted
2 hours ago, warmintim said:

Driven in to the Uni (Bath) this morning along the A36 and I am amazed at how big the drifts still are. On Brassknocker hill there is one point where only 1 car can go at a time as there is a huge drift still there.

Amazing spell of weather for me - I loved the long run in - model run tension, including the mini wobble about 5 days out from the arrival of the easterly (as in -'it's all going south to France...'), and the beautiful days of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (sunny with the odd shower making it across. Then walking the dog on Wednesday night with the streamer just reaching us and watching very fine powder snow blowing in the wind at -5.9 deg C. Waking on Thursday to see snow already arrived and still snowing, deciding to work from home, before work actually closed at 1pm. Then the main event hitting, slowly at first, but gradually getting heavier during a 2 hour walk, and then just watching as it never stopped until 11 pm. Fantastic day Friday - temps below freezing all day, so no melting at all, no-one moving anywhere (if they had any sense). A little top up in the afternoon (not as much as some, but who's complaining?). A walk on Saturday through some superb snowdrifts on Cradle Hill (no ufo's were seen...). Scenes just like the 80's.

And now its mostly gone, and spring on its way (hopefully!)

28337553_10155771673138692_2499707696333952302_o.jpg

28423552_10155777517643692_8972398331215583738_o.jpg

Tim, you'll be pleased to know I don't recognise you ! Fantastic scenes up Cradle Hill.

What time were you out on Wednesday night? We walked back from a meal in town at about 9pm and it felt surreal!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
2 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

I think it was between 9 and 10 pm - very strange to see the snow blowing like dust, not a hint of melting. Bitterly cold. I hadn't realised how snow covered I was (first picture) until my wife posted it on facebook. I don't think the photos really do the drifting justice - at one point we were up to waist level with the drift all across the lane going up to the barn - the dog was very confused...

Posted
47 minutes ago, warmintim said:

at one point we were up to waist level with the drift all across the lane going up to the barn - the dog was very confused...

Was the dog basing it's information on the model thread, if so I bet he was confused...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

hmmmmm

UK Outlook for Friday 9 Mar 2018 to Sunday 18 Mar 2018:

Friday may be a brief drier and brighter interlude for many, although some wintry showers are likely to persist in the north. There will be the increasing chance of often heavy rain moving into the south later on Friday into Saturday. It will move north and northeastwards, followed by blustery showers. There will still be the risk of more persistent rain and snow in the far north. It will remain cold in the north with brisk winds. Over the next weekend, there is the potential for a spell of very wet and windy weather in southern and central areas, with the chance of snow. :shok::shok::shok:Towards mid March it is likely to stay cold in the north with some snow, but temperatures will be nearer to normal in the south.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
11 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Was the dog basing it's information on the model thread, if so I bet he was confused...

As were we all... No she took a bit of time to get to grips with the whole thing (she's originally Spanish). by sunday morning, with the snow rapidly thawing she was playing the remaining drifts. Complete contrast from the horrified look on Thursday trying go for a comfort stop in the garden with 6 inches of snow... At least she's a big dog, our cats were NOT amused by snow up to their bellies...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

The fields and gardens  on the estate in cornwall have only just dried out after last weeks easterly. Will be back to sodden ground come the end of today let alone the weekend. 

Posted

Arsene has left the Building....... unfortunately just Arsene the snowman... Boo Hiss 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The last patch of snow remaining yesterday has gone. :cray:

Back to normality now, cool, but not cold, and wet. Preferred last week’s excitement to whats looking like a fairly drab week coming up. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Yeah looks like back to normal March type weather now (sigh) although I am now looking for a bit of warmth so not too disappointed by that. Just wish it would stay dry for a while.

Posted
44 minutes ago, warmintim said:

As were we all... No she took a bit of time to get to grips with the whole thing (she's originally Spanish). by sunday morning, with the snow rapidly thawing she was playing the remaining drifts. Complete contrast from the horrified look on Thursday trying go for a comfort stop in the garden with 6 inches of snow... At least she's a big dog, our cats were NOT amused by snow up to their bellies...

Ha, one of our frenchies, was hesitant to even venture outside, and when she did, she figured ice was a great play thing. So the lumps of ice from the water bowls were duly brought inside to play with and chase around the kitchen. Hmmm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

hmmmmm

UK Outlook for Friday 9 Mar 2018 to Sunday 18 Mar 2018:

Friday may be a brief drier and brighter interlude for many, although some wintry showers are likely to persist in the north. There will be the increasing chance of often heavy rain moving into the south later on Friday into Saturday. It will move north and northeastwards, followed by blustery showers. There will still be the risk of more persistent rain and snow in the far north. It will remain cold in the north with brisk winds. Over the next weekend, there is the potential for a spell of very wet and windy weather in southern and central areas, with the chance of snow. :shok::shok::shok:Towards mid March it is likely to stay cold in the north with some snow, but temperatures will be nearer to normal in the south.

here we go again! Mind you I'd imagine that this is a channel type low scenerio with the northern part of the low being the cold bit? Impossible to pinpoint where the sweet spot will be, will be marginal could snow anywhere but elevation helps and it will be big wet flakes none of this powdery snow nonsense :rofl:

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 1

Posted

So February was our coldest month, helped mainly by the Beast :spiteful:

Winter 2017/18 - Frosts 31, lowest Temp -6.1C (28/2) lowest Max -1.4C (1/03)

Days of falling snow 2 (1/03) (2/03)

Days of snow cover 3 (1/03) (2/03) (3/03) 

Avg Temp Dec - 5.6C, Jan - 6.0C, Feb - 3.5C  Winter Avg (Dec-Feb) 5.1C

Edited by karlos1983
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Some heavy bursts of rain on & off, here. 6.6mm so far. March = 27.4mm. 2018 = 197.4mm.

• Like 1

Posted

UKMO looks nasty, potential storm inbound at D6

Here's D5

Modele UKMO - Carte prévisions

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

UKMO looks nasty, potential storm inbound at D6

Here's D5

I'll take that! Thank you! :D

No rain gauge worky where you are? Or is there an umbrella over it? 

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

I'll take that! Thank you! :D

No rain gauge worky where you are? Or is there an umbrella over it? 

I forgot about my rain gauge issues :wallbash:

must revisit that ASAP!

Posted

Happy Mothers Day.....?

Posted

Jealous here my garden is snow free now,yet next door 5yds away has 30% cover lol.one thing worth checking,its raining but the temp on my not so professional thermometer shows 41 degrees,possible or duff kit,not too many temps quoted on here today