Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

5 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

63326624-9EF7-426B-93A7-692BEB277296.thumb.jpeg.6dd3c833bf8ed82848c13e56b0220c84.jpeg

Remember this I posted before the last snow we had?

image.thumb.png.fe6f85fec779cac4c190d6948dedd420.png

Well I've still got some of that lot left so maybe time to dig in. :pardon:

2 massive tubes of Pringles original, a big bar of dairy milk fruit and nut chocolate, wine gums, Ribena and Coca Cola. Ready!

Finally - proper snow in Wantage.  All day snow has been blowing in the wind but now - NOW - it's looking more like it and has started to settle on the edges of things, if that makes any sense!  

More on immediate radar, and on the basis of models am expecting the heaviest falls later, midnight-ish.  Hoping for about 8cm at best though.

Oh; also two packs of Maryland cookies. It'll be a gym week next week in that case. oh well.

2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Snow getting slightly heavier now. My met office weather app is pants, not even supposed to be snowing at the moment lol. #nowcast 

Looks like there's a big area building and intensifying over us. 

1 minute ago, CheesepuffScott said:

2 massive tubes of Pringles original, a big bar of dairy milk fruit and nut chocolate, wine gums, Ribena and Coca Cola. Ready!

Cans of Lemonade...... half a bar of nut brittle....... Haribo...Custard Creams........ Oats So Good sachets.... Totillas...Cheese 'n' Onion crisps, and addiitonally, croissants and nutella. Yep. Good to go (for diabetes) :crazy:.

I’m toying with opening a bottle of wine.... 😬😬😬😬 I will have to finish it if I do, or I will feel a failure.... that’s my excuse anyway 

2 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Cans of Lemonade...... half a bar of nut brittle....... Haribo...Custard Creams........ Oats So Good sachets.... Totillas...Cheese 'n' Onion crisps, and addiitonally, croissants and nutella. Yep. Good to go (for diabetes) :crazy:.

I was supposed to be giving up sweets and chocolate for Lent... ha

Cider, some more cider, more cider and some cider.

Bacon, honey sausages, eggs, beans and a nice crusty loaf ready for a snowy cooked breakfast, well at least that's what i'm hoping for. :cold:

Just now, Lewesdon said:

Cider, some more cider, more cider and some cider.

Damn I was being sensible with just a couple bottles of Wyld Wood,  on the second already ...

Just now, SilverWolf said:

Damn I was being sensible with just a couple bottles of Wyld Wood,  on the second already ...

No need for sensibilities when its snowing.

Just now, Lewesdon said:

No need for sensibilities when its snowing.

You’re right - it was on offer as well! Oh well, there’s coffee later... 

I've just seen that the Met O have issued a red warning for food in our region :D 

Edited by Guest

Started snowing again here and its settling, a nice dusting already :)
0.1c, 1004.6hPa, -27c dewpoint

Edited by lettice

Is there something wrong with the radar around Winchester or are they really that unlucky there?

Just now, Bring Back1962-63 said:

I've just that the Met O have issued a red warning for food in our region :D 

beats per minute gone through the roof reading the first 9 words

29 minutes ago, fromey said:

This was the view from my bed during the last lot of snow, perfectly positioned bed and the council replaced the lamp outside with white LED, perfick 

B210EEDF-ECB3-453C-848E-9933392D34CF.jpeg

And your cat looking as perplexed as mine were too- especially when I opened the door! Something half as good as that fall would be fantastic! Think the heaviest and most prolonged stuff will fall south of Wales- so good luck to you lot on the peninsula!

Heavy snow that was forecast by the met for here in the morning is now light snow for a few hours. Still time for it change again tho.

Our broadband is still out so relying on mobile signal. Heavier snow has now reached us from the east and is beginning to cover everything.

Bottle of Shiraz opened ready for an evenings radar watching :yahoo:

2 minutes ago, Bring Back1962-63 said:

I've just seen that the Met O have issued a red warning for food in our region :D 

Any good charts for hangover/diabetes predictions to hand? 

2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Is there something wrong with the radar around Winchester or are they really that unlucky there?

its a glitch! look closer haha

2 minutes ago, Bring Back1962-63 said:

I've just that the Met O have issued a red warning for food in our region :D 

Odd thing is though, our local Co-op isn't running low on things like soup. Its bread, milk, booze. And not in that order.