Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And it's 'eyes down' for the full house......Tonight's bingo card!  

BINGO!    Full House.....  ;-)   Oh my goodness, my giddy aunt What is this, spring with a new slant? I said I didn't want you, go away snow But I'm here again, eyes all aglow

To help pass the time, lets play a game....Netweather South West Thread Bingo.....no prizes for the winner apart from the accolade of being a bit of a smarty pants

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

So, anyway.. Wet snow = snowman-building material. Dry snow = lovely to walk in.

giphy.gif

Wet is best my son said daddy wet amo yeyyy snowman building 

dry for sledging and walking in 

7 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

So, anyway.. Wet snow = snowman-building material. Dry snow = lovely to walk in.

giphy.gif

What a lovely picture! ??

• Thanks 1

Surprised by the intensity of the snow as the front swept through. A covering on most surfaces which is melting now.

Please can I request that people think before quoting whole long posts. David's info is superb but having read it once it's annoying to have it quoted in its entirety!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, kumquat said:

Jumped the gun, I suspect. There will be nowt for a while. Still, it was heavy for  a bit.

We were going to a garden centre and then decided not a good idea to wander around in the cold. It can wait til early next week.

I hope I can say this without rendering myself or netweather liable to a libel case, because he did actually say it, but I'll spare his blushes and not mention his name:

In March 2000 a senior person at the CRU (UEA) said that "within a few years Winter snowfall will be a thing of the past" and that "children just aren't going to know what snow is".

Roll on 18 years............??

7 minutes ago, kaz said:

My question is will the barnstaple snow dome be in place again? Last time we hardly got a covering.. It was embarrassing ? 

Don't be embarrassed........it's not your fault! ☺☺

Well, I think it's time to get some housework done now, then I can come back for the big event later tonight with  a clear conscience. May even try to have a bit of a nap this afternoon so that I can try for an all-nighter! ?