Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
25 minutes ago, suxer said:

We were group B

You took our first activity with the glass, we didn't have much luck until we moved into one of the cells :diablo:

The event was a  birthday present for my son Harry, they both really enjoyed it .

Ah yes I remember, glad you had fun. I absolutely love it, I’m back there next weekend hopefully. A wing scares the daylights out of me! Especially walking between the two groups ?. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, khodds said:

Ah yes I remember, glad you had fun. I absolutely love it, I’m back there next weekend hopefully. A wing scares the daylights out of me! Especially walking between the two groups ?. 

So let me get this right, you do it for enjoyment, and it scares the hell out of you, hmm so what am I missing here? 

Is it going to be turned into apartments, as originally suggested?

Interesting to note "The prison is renowned for ghostly goings on and it is believed a woman in white, who died of a broken heart in 1680 after murdering her fiance, wanders the empty corridors between wings A and B".

Apologies for being off thread but as the weather has been dull, wet and overcast something a little brighter doesn't go amiss..11.6C & 2.3mm of rain has been the highlight weatherwise here

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
56 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

So let me get this right, you do it for enjoyment, and it scares the hell out of you, hmm so what am I missing here? 

Is it going to be turned into apartments, as originally suggested?

Interesting to note "The prison is renowned for ghostly goings on and it is believed a woman in white, who died of a broken heart in 1680 after murdering her fiance, wanders the empty corridors between wings A and B".

Apologies for being off thread but as the weather has been dull, wet and overcast something a little brighter doesn't go amiss..11.6C & 2.3mm of rain has been the highlight weatherwise here

It does scare me but I like being out of my comfort zone ?. The place is fantastic, so much atmosphere, I love showing the guests what we do and see how people react to the equipment. Had lots of spooky things happen even in my short time doing it. It’s great to hear the feedback from the guests, not heard anything negative so far.

The white lady is one of the many spirits there, we get lots of “watchers” people looking over the railings, a lot of sounds.. I had a light flicker on and off repeatedly a few weeks back - no one could have physically turned it on - the electric was all turned off!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Looks like some heavy rain not far away. Very dark just west of here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've just remembered, it is approaching the Lyrid's meteors this week. Hopefully the skies will be extra clear + the moon is new, so it'll be waxing and setting early evening.

Posted

So amusing in a sarcastic way! 

7 mornings out of 9 I got rained or drizzled on in my 2 week Easter holiday work window. Now the 5 weekday mornings this week are going to be beautiful!!

13.1c, sunny spells in between all manner of cloud types, breezy too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Nice out there now, clear sky and slowly warming up. 12.2°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
4 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

So amusing in a sarcastic way! 

7 mornings out of 9 I got rained or drizzled on in my 2 week Easter holiday work window. Now the 5 weekday mornings this week are going to be beautiful!!

13.1c, sunny spells in between all manner of cloud types, breezy too.

Tuesay is my last day off of a 6 day break which has been predominently gloomy and chilly and I am going back to work in warm sunshine wednesday! :wallbash:

Posted

After a wall to wall blue sky start the cloud has been on & off turning quite hazy later this PM and now best part cloud cover . Mind you we topped out @ 15.6°C at: 12:22..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Another day of greyness beckons.. typical as it’s my day off ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Windy today! Sounds like autumn lol. Added bonus... It's cloudy again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Very dull day today here, very hopeful about the upcoming few days.

I know others might disagree but from personal experience GFS and BBC in general under-cook temperatures by a degree or 2. I think we could see 23'c - 24'c at some point over the coming few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Back to boring cloudy weather today after a nice day yesterday. Really looking forward to the next few days, shame it won’t last but this time of year it won’t. Still something to enjoy coming up. 

Posted

After a brief sunny spell earlier when the temperature peaked @ 15.9°C at: 11:16 it has now dropped back as the cloud cover increases..Some potential warmth even in the reasonable southerly wind, just need to shift the cloud..

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

OK, who sent me this horrible heavy drizzle, along with the gale force wind?  Turned the heating off on Sunday, should have known better, it's fudging cold here at the moment.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Lyn-M said:

OK, who sent me this horrible heavy drizzle, along with the gale force wind?  Turned the heating off on Sunday, should have known better, it's fudging cold here at the moment.

The rain being this Far East is surprising me too, but I expected the wind as the low and high do battle. Thankfully the high will win from tomorrow until (hopefully) the end of the weekend at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Afternoon, just stopping by to grump, hurrumph, grumble and moan....where's our promised spring with a touch of summer this week? All we've had is autumn, not seen the sun since Saturday, it's blowing a hoolie and feeling distinctly chilly out there. Not impressed.