Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And it's 'eyes down' for the full house......Tonight's bingo card!  

BINGO!    Full House.....  ;-)   Oh my goodness, my giddy aunt What is this, spring with a new slant? I said I didn't want you, go away snow But I'm here again, eyes all aglow

To help pass the time, lets play a game....Netweather South West Thread Bingo.....no prizes for the winner apart from the accolade of being a bit of a smarty pants

Posted Images

@jy just saw your Red Kite over the fields on the way to Downton. It might be worth stopping off on your way back from the Yew Tree, if you're down this way.

We have had 12 Saturdays this year, 9 of which have been either very wet or unsettled. The local football leagues have had postponements left right and centre!

Now it's the Easter weekend with lots of matches on Good Friday and Easter Monday both of those days look very wet while Saturday should be dry!!!

Hm interesting some showers pushing into the south with sleet and even snow but that should quickly turn to rain showers as the powerful sun gets to work. Rest of the day a band of heavy rain pushes into much of southern England and Wales during mid morning into the early afternoon followed on by sunny spells but also numerous heavy downpours with hail and thunder possible too some of these could merge to give longer periods of rain I expect rainfall totals to be in the region of 4 to 8mm locally 10 to 12mm and  top temps 6 to 9 Celsius. I expect flooding to become an issue for parts of the south by the end of the week..This is my own forecast hope it's correct haha ? 

Edited by jordan smith
Added something
13 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

We have had 12 Saturdays this year, 9 of which have been either very wet or unsettled. The local football leagues have had postponements left right and centre!

Now it's the Easter weekend with lots of matches on Good Friday and Easter Monday both of those days look very wet while Saturday should be dry!!!

Might be alright until later in the day on Sunday Andy. 

Morning All, currently 6.9C after an overnight low of 1.4C, and some heavy rainfall around earlier this AM, now eased after some heavy bursts around 9:30-10:00. More rain inbound arriving soon. Some of the cells off the Brest peninsula are already showing lightning markers...

Edited by Dorsetbred
6 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Morning All, currently 6.9C after an overnight low of 1.4C, and some heavy rainfall around earlier this AM, now eased after some heavy bursts around 9:30-10:00. More rain inbound arriving soon. Some of the cells off the Brest peninsula are already showing lightning markers...

Oh I'd love some lightning today.

image.thumb.png.5d0413525c772aeb57f48f80d33a5e22.png

Here we go again! I'm getting flashbacks to December 10th last year of actually being able to see everything white just 1 mile from my window yet it didn't settle where I was.:wallbash::(