Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

I wonder if there won't be as many wasps in the summer from the cold snaps this year?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Hi all hope everyone is doing alright. Damp and dank sums up the weekend here so far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

After the sun trying to come out not long ago it’s raining now, looks like it’s built overhead. Also dropped to 8.8°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

I'm very close to forgetting about this 'Easter Cold Snap' but there is a small part of me saying that it could change back again. So I don't know what to decide...

Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
7 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

I'm very close to forgetting about this 'Easter Cold Snap' but there is a small part of me saying that it could change back again. So I don't know what to decide...

I'm actually happy for once it won't happen I won't miss out on the lovely white stuff and my flight to my old mans country Mauritius went get cancelled ????☀️

Posted
Just now, John Michael How said:

I'm actually happy for once it won't happen I won't miss out on the lovely white stuff and my flight to my old mans country Mauritius went get cancelled ????☀️

I wouldn't care at all either if I was going to enjoy the sun in Mauritius lol whereas we'll be stuck here in cold rain showers. :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
14 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

I wouldn't care at all either if I was going to enjoy the sun in Mauritius lol whereas we'll be stuck here in cold rain showers. :wallbash:

To be fair they have had a very wet summer over there with lots of big storms just hope it's improving! Atleast it won't be COLD rain tho if it does ? it's greatly affected by the SSTs being such a small island the temps are close to 30c currently well above the usual high of 28c in contrast to our bellow average SSTs here. Will be out attempting to catch marlin and record size tuna so I hope it calms down there! 

Posted
11 minutes ago, John Michael How said:

To be fair they have had a very wet summer over there with lots of big storms just hope it's improving! Atleast it won't be COLD rain tho if it does ? it's greatly affected by the SSTs being such a small island the temps are close to 30c currently well above the usual high of 28c in contrast to our bellow average SSTs here. Will be out attempting to catch marlin and record size tuna so I hope it calms down there! 

O yes, the weather does look very thundery and rainy, but still mouth-watering temps! :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Would’ve been great if this happened last week. Precip feeding in off the channel and intensifying overhead. All it’s done today is turn what was supposed to be a mainly dry afternoon into a miserable wet one. 

Posted

beautiful Netweather GFS Image

Edited by Leon1
found a pic with warmer temps lol

Posted
4 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Netweather GFS Imagebeautiful 

Do you ever get the feeling that the forecasting systems loose the plot?

3 days ago we were knee deep in snow(supposedly) now we are heading for upper 60's (sorry old money is my style), so it';s a case of WTF, who knows..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted
58 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Don't decide anything if the models can't make their mind why should you :wallbash:

Posted
1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

Don't decide anything if the models can't make their mind why should you :wallbash:

You just made me realise that I could wake up on Easter Sunday and it could've snowed (pfft sure) or I wake up and it could be warm. I said pfft sure as I really don't think it will be cold anymore but I expect there to be some big changes by monday or tuesday

Posted
10 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

You just made me realise that I could wake up on Easter Sunday and it could've snowed (pfft sure) or I wake up and it could be warm. I said pfft sure as I really don't think it will be cold anymore but I expect there to be some big changes by monday or tuesday

Naa, the cold air will be way oop North, for us the low will just make it wet and mild, a classic Easter for the grockles. It's now that people might realise that you can't walk around the High Street when it's only available online..

Posted
4 hours ago, Leon1 said:

I wonder if there won't be as many wasps in the summer from the cold snaps this year?

And ants! If the last 2 summers are anything to go by my boy will be eating them in the lounge.

Hilarious to hear people saying they were freezing this afternoon in light of last week and 3 weeks ago!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

And ants! If the last 2 summers are anything to go by my boy will be eating them in the lounge.

Hilarious to hear people saying they were freezing this afternoon in light of last week and 3 weeks ago!

i know right its mad

Posted
8 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

I wouldn’t call it freezing although it wasn’t pleasant either. Even less so with an unexpectedly wet afternoon here. 

I don’t remember seeing that many ants here last year. Must’ve been with you instead. :rofl:

Posted

Last Summer was the least wasps nests ive ever known,i am a wasp magnet and can pull em in from miles around,have to take medication if I get stung,as for ants,conversly more ants in the lawns than in years,also creep into unauthorised areas of mine and sting me lol

• Like 1

Posted

and when is the gfs 18z? is it in about an hour?

Posted
9 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

and when is the gfs 18z? is it in about an hour?

It's rolling in now, will be hour later tomorrow though. :)

Posted
Just now, Zephyr said:

Ok. Thanks

Posted

Icon has improved a little - I've stolen this from the MAD thread: 

icon-1-120.thumb.png.aec3748f21ad42462dc45d19ceb93b47.png

Edited by Leon1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
21 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Ah crap, I forgot about that!! The one thing I hate about BST, an extra hour to wait for the models.. I:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Side note, anyone seen or heard anything from Matt Hugo? He’s gone MIA big time! Bit worried ? not like him in Winter especially 

Posted
  • Location: Peasedown St John (Just South of Bath) Somerset 150m asl
  • Location: Peasedown St John (Just South of Bath) Somerset 150m asl
6 hours ago, Leon1 said:

Judging by the slugs that are out tonight I'd say no:angry: