South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And it's 'eyes down' for the full house......Tonight's bingo card!  

BINGO!    Full House.....  ;-)   Oh my goodness, my giddy aunt What is this, spring with a new slant? I said I didn't want you, go away snow But I'm here again, eyes all aglow

To help pass the time, lets play a game....Netweather South West Thread Bingo.....no prizes for the winner apart from the accolade of being a bit of a smarty pants

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Richard Fisher said:

Really heavy snow now in Kingswood, Bristol. All areas getting covered easily.

That extra bit of elevation will help tonite. Cossham area highest point within the 'strict' Bristol city boundary.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

I can confirm the back edge is putting up a fight. Snow is gradually getting back towards a moderate level. Perhaps getting on for 3cm on the grass since 7pm.

Indeed MWB, I didn't expect it to last as long as it has, perhaps if it can hold out for another hour or so we'll get a decent top up.

Still coming down here, much lighter though.

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Did you not have a snow day on the 2nd Feb 2015 then? I remember we had about 3 or 4 inches here that day. (referring to your signature)

Don't remember much on that day but I think I had a dusting???

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Love it when it is snowing so hard at night and you dont need to look at lampost to see it falling outside your window:D:cold:

Yea same, not quite curtain twitching as much as usual atm, kinda secure that its falling heavy and unlikely to stop, nice feeling :)

Edited by Bazray
Actually thats a lie, still looking out at least twice a minute lol
  • Like 2
Just now, Bazray said:

Yea same, not quite curtain twitching as much as usual atm, kinda secure that its falling heavy and unlikely to stop, nice feeling :)

Wifey just gone to bed; i've promised i'll follow in 30 mins after just one more guinness. But at the age of 56 i'm a big kid when it comes to snow and i cant stop staring out of window watching it fall. Magical, just magical:D

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Love it when it is snowing so hard at night and you dont need to look at lampost to see it falling outside your window:D:cold:

4 minutes ago, Bazray said:

Very jealous, zilch here so far from this band moving west although the heavy precipitation is so good damn close. 

Edited by Smartie

Current forecast radar indicates the show is almost over for me up here. It continues for fellow countryfolk further South so I hope everyone is sufficiently topped-up with the white stuff or is now enjoying deeper snow. 

It's been such fun.

Hopefully there will still be picturesque scenes to see tomorrow.

• Like 1

Nice moderate snow although back to light-moderate atm.

The heavier line did seem to weaken/thin for here, and then immediately widen again as it had passed though :laugh: