South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And it's 'eyes down' for the full house......Tonight's bingo card!  

BINGO!    Full House.....  ;-)   Oh my goodness, my giddy aunt What is this, spring with a new slant? I said I didn't want you, go away snow But I'm here again, eyes all aglow

To help pass the time, lets play a game....Netweather South West Thread Bingo.....no prizes for the winner apart from the accolade of being a bit of a smarty pants

Posted Images

1 minute ago, khodds said:

Really? I’m losing confidence.

just seen our friends near you have posted on Facebook that their road is closed.. they live on the Rocky Mountain/Masbury Road 

Yes thats this mornings snow still drifting readily into roads blocking them.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Heavy snow and big flakes in the Cotswolds atm just been walking in it starting to really come down again and there's some decent radar developments continuing to back build 

A top-up, amounting to Victoria Spong Cake's worth of a sprinkle of fine snow so far here. Sill coming down in fine flakes.

Meanwhile in NE of region.What looked like a pretty innocuous band of snow crossing  e to w is showing some interesting developments.  Snow band intensifying over chilterns and looks like is stalling south of Thames too

Snowing like mad here but the flakes are SO small it will be Easter before it covers anything. METO now have me now for heavy snow from now until 3am, can't say I'm convinced. Am I being overly pessimistic?

It's certainly covered up all the bald patches that were appearing in the previous snow. Surfaces that didn't promote accumulations this morning have also been covered by a good cm. Very pleased with this outcome, plenty of snow with minimal disruption.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, jethro said:

Snowing like mad here but the flakes are SO small it will be Easter before it covers anything. METO now have me now for heavy snow from now until 3am, can't say I'm convinced. Am I being overly pessimistic?

I’m having a wobble too Jethro ?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, jethro said:

Its the small stuff that sticks the best though. If it keeps up ... nothing is melting on the roads now.

• Confused 1

I think the MetO's forecasts have been quite poor today. They certainly contradict some models, and definitely what the radar is showing.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Temp took a nice tumble to -0.9C. 

I can't believe I was only cutting the lawn a few days ago. lol

Unbelievably stable temps here today. We've just lost a degree C on the dew point.

Temp -1C  Humidity 87%  Dewpoint -3C

• Like 1