Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

A very gusty morning from the SE with hazy sun and all manner of mid to high level cloud types. Out working it feels like a stand off between winter and spring.

• Like 1

Posted

This photo was meant to be with my previous post! Snow clinging onto the Westbury side of Salisbury Plain. Also shows the various cloud types well.

IMG_2127.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Just got notification about snow warning, but I can’t see it on app

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Update; Oh!

EE76E0AF-1EF8-4BD8-842F-7E7F4A69FBEE.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I always have a chuckle at the yellow snow label

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

good afternoon gang ,There certainly is potential for Snow this weekend ,over many years of weather watching ,in this sort of set up forecasters wont stick their necks out too far because fronts etc can evolve very quickly in deep cold air .Already today Warnings have gone out for variouse parts of the country ,and although at the moment we are just outside the warning areas There could be a big shift tomorrow , Fax charts ,curtain twitching Radar and Lamp post watching on the menu again folks .Now food ,hot crispy sausages in bread with brown sauce ,crackly belly pork ,breast lamb stuffed, with chips BUT i do have a healthy day three times a week with veg fruit and some protean ,as i promised my Late wife back in November that i would look after myself .No one to tell me off now if i make the curtains dirty when Twitching ,well gang evening charts are on the way , best of luck to all that like the magical snow ,:cold::yahoo:.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

If the flow remains as is with some of the models then we should do quite well again albeit this time a different type of snow than previously, the wetter type which damages trees and power lines as it did in the channel Islands a few years back...........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Lunchtime yellow warning of snow for Sunday from Met Office.. I put a bread and milk warning Peasedown Open Forum..... 

Posted

Even at my advanced years im going to do an Open University course during the Summer,this will get me ready for Model Discussion next Winter,you  need to be very knowledgeable in the areas of sniping,backbiting,post reporting,ignore button use,if your lecturer feels you are adapt at all of these skills,whilst having limited knowledge of the weather,you get an Advanced Clueless Diploma,which allows you into various forums of this kind.

• Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Cold and dry looking likely at moment for us at present... Hoping for a surprise to pop up. :)

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Frosty hollows said:

Looking at tonight's radar...some very heavy echoes in Cornwall atm. Is that a squall line extending through Truro southward or just a heavy shower band?

Was wondering the same myself, looks impressive on the radar!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, jy said:

Even at my advanced years im going to do an Open University course during the Summer,this will get me ready for Model Discussion next Winter,you  need to be very knowledgeable in the areas of sniping,backbiting,post reporting,ignore button use,if your lecturer feels you are adapt at all of these skills,whilst having limited knowledge of the weather,you get an Advanced Clueless Diploma,which allows you into various forums of this kind.

I did their short course on meteorology through their future learn site. Was really interesting but I'm still out of my depth over there, though there are definitely people who use 50 words where one will do

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
1 hour ago, Frosty hollows said:

Looking at tonight's radar...some very heavy echoes in Cornwall atm. Is that a squall line extending through Truro southward or just a heavy shower band?

Looks like a squall line embedded within the main rain band, in which case its probably marking the position of the cold front.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

This rain seems to be moving very very slowly ,as not moved much north east  from my location  north somerset ,for several hours now ,so expect some locations will see high totals ,probably the high pressure dropping  down from the Arctic which is influencing todays Front .Interesting weekend coming up ,and IF the Dice falls right for our area we could pick up some Snowfall , cheers all .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temp  managed to get to 10.6 °C in a gusty South-easterly wind. It's just started to rain, and the wind has increased slightly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Alot of rain here in the last 24 hours. 1.6 inches in old money.

Posted
22 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Alot of rain here in the last 24 hours. 1.6 inches in old money.

Looking at stations around here it looks like we’re getting towards about half of that  at around 20mm now, very wet out there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
3 minutes ago, dec10snow said:

Looking at stations around here it looks like we’re getting towards about half of that  at around 20mm now, very wet out there

Cab see why if you've been stuck under the rain that arrived here a couple of hours ago as it's not exactly light rain. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Cab see why if you've been stuck under the rain that arrived here a couple of hours ago as it's not exactly light rain. 

I think the Met nailed their warning to be honest, we’ve been under the rain since about 12 I think and we’re just on the edge of it for a good few hours, places to the west of me have been sat under the heavy rain all day so they must be saturated!