Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
DiagonalRedLine

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SNOW CRYSTAL said:

Very cute 😊

My 5 year old wanted a coat on him because he looked cold! So shoved a T-Towel on LOL!!

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nights King said:

Yep! That’s what I was on about earlier - my birthday (or day before) 18 years ago. It’s going to happen again... I can feel it in my bones. :yahoo:

• Like 2

Nice to be getting a slow goodbye to the snow for once, rather than rain washing it away. Still some good coverings round here away from where the sun hit late in the day. Portsmouth city centre must have had a good hit this morning as still a good couple of inches on the train tracks just before dark this evening. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

WTF. That ECM. Steve Murr sausage?? Beast from the East. Easter bunny!... 

Edited by Eat Sleep Models Repeat
Nob

3 hours ago, Nights King said:

I dropped my dream off in the mod thread... expect it to get deleted soon :ninja:

One mans dream is another girls nightmare. I'll never forget that day!

For non locals to here, the pictures I posted earlier were from in and around this village. And useless but interesting fact....if anyone saw the film last year 'Another woman's son'  it was shot here too.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rich_Clements said:

Anyone know what summer 2000 was like I can't remember ?

Wet. Very wet at times.

That was the year I started at the swanky hotel I was on about earlier, there had been a new bit completed and we had to landscape the surrounding grounds for opening night. It was a steep bank and we were laying turf in torrential rain, normally you tamp it down with the back of a rake to make sure there are no air pockets underneath. We had to have a line of folks not just tamping it down but holding onto the row of turf whilst we laid the next row in order to stop the whole lot sliding down the hill. Nightmare!

Edited by jethro

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Eat Sleep Models Repeat said:

WTF. That ECM. Steve Murr sausage?? Beast from the East. Easter bunny!... 

Don't you know about the Steve Murr sausage? It's a real term bud...........;-)

Edited by Mark Parsons

5 hours ago, Rich_Clements said:

Anyone know what summer 2000 was like I can't remember ?

Yes, I remember that year as my youngest was 7 months old and my eldest' first Easter at primary school . 

It was bitterly cold absolutely bitter and the summer if I remember rightly wasn't up to standard  unlike  the year before which was humid and thundery. But plenty of sunshine in between . 

1998 had a snowy Easter-  my 3rd baby was born then and that summer was downright miserable . Cool and wet .

Funny how you remember things isn't it . 

• Like 2

Well I certainly wasn't expecting any more snow this week but there is a fresh dusting on all surfaces!!!!

19 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Well I certainly wasn't expecting any more snow this week but there is a fresh dusting on all surfaces!!!!

Some fresh snowflakes on the road here too! Not a covering but where on earth did that come from?

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Some fresh snowflakes on the road here too! Not a covering but where on earth did that come from?

Off the front end of the NNE flow that has developed and likely to bring rain later. (Actually I know you know that and it was a rhetorical question, but it's early!)

Edited by Dorsetbred

Morning all, after an overnight low of  -1.3°C the sun is now powering up and the temperature is rising nicely already a warming 1.6°C. Like others a brief snow shower left a light dusting which has now all but disappeared.

Nooooooooo enoughs enough!! I want Spring ☹️ Signs for for early April are not good! 🤦‍♂️

4B8A7C5C-7886-4268-AA69-8B97B842E2DF.thumb.gif.c54d451bc1cee1a4975912a54d9a6837.gif

1.5c here after a low of -1.7c.

Snowman and snow Bunny are still going strong 😂😂💪💪👍👍

IMG_2433.JPG

• Like 9

Small covering here overnight, looked back a the radar and we got a small blob early am. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bring Back1962-63 said:

APRIL 2000

You really must stop distracting me as I've got a huge back log in my work :D I've noted all the posts re: the 4th April 2000 snowfall and the very .......

What an interesting read. Thanks David.

Now stop distracting me with fascinating posts so I can also get some work done 😀

WW

Thank you David for all your hard work and effort , it is very much appreciated .very  well set out,  very thoughtful and easy to understand for those of us who can't quite get our heads around things .( me really ! ) .

i hope that you catch up with your work very soon .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am awaiting confirmation from the Guiness Book Of Records that a statement elsewhere has estimated that Winter 18/19 is over,reasoning seems to be low sunspots,medium Leopards spots,but record breaking Teenage Spots being behind this ground breaking statement.You wont believe me im sure,but ive seen the statement with my own eyes,even our own highly respected mad thread are struggling to come to terms with......the earliest Winter is over prediction in weather forum history.

3 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Not sure when it came down (#crucial - is today another day of snow?). Yes - I did enjoy seeing that.

Some good drifts in the same places as two weeks ago on the way to Bath. I saw some forming out on a walk yesterday morning, so if it had stayed colder longer could have been good, Cannot complain though - three weeks ago, spring was round the corner, little settled snow imby, another winter done and then...

:sorry:Ughh, when will the next wonderful spell of weather come along? 

I just love your posts David. So informative. Fantastic explanations of where we are, how we got there and where we are headed. I love to delve into the MAD thread but come away more confused than when I went in, so your clear input is very much appreciated 

I looked forward to your updates each day whilst the beasts were at our door. Come back soon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, warmintim said:

Not sure when it came down (#crucial - is today another day of snow?). Yes - I did enjoy seeing that.

Reviewing the Net Weather radar a broken line of showers moved South across us between 05.00-05.30 .

I'm counting it as another day of snow lol.

Stunning drive into Kingsbridge this morning, beautiful clear morning with views of the snow-covered fields all the way to Dartmoor in the distance! Still some drifting on the sides of the road but nothing terrible here.

What's weird this morning is our neighbour's back garden still has thick snow, but if you look at the flats over the road you can see a clear heat haze over the roof. Only a matter of time now!

Anyway, Beast 2 was definitely the most enjoyable of the two for me personally. We didn't have to endure the extreme cold of Beast 1 but got plenty of snow and a lovely day off yesterday to enjoy the sun as the schools were all shut.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Reviewing the Net Weather radar a broken line of showers moved South across us between 05.00-05.30 .

I'm counting it as another day of snow lol.

It passed over here at 5:30ish delivering, from what I could make out, nothing.

However, when I walked 2k South to Downton a bit later, there were flakes on the path in the water meadows. Not many, but they were there.

• Like 1