Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Morning. 

Mostly Sunny. A few stratus becoming Cu-like. SW'ly breeze with gusts to 20mph on occasion.

Temp 3C  Humidity 86%  Dewpoint 1C

Posted

Morning All, a sunny and clear start to the day with some localized flooding after last nights heavy rain spells. Currently 4.4°C with a light breeze in from the SW, RH82%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Good morning all I see the M62 over the pennines got snow nothing here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning, thankfully no hill snow here overnight. This morning, well what can I say, it looks grim; the sky is dark, so dark it looks like one hell of a thunderstorm incoming, either that or four horsemen are due any minute.

Posted

Heavy rain for about 45 mins after midnight, now 4.6C and sunny (min 2.7C). Yesterday had showers and sun, min -1.4C, max 10.5C.

Finally got around to sorting/resizing some pictures I took of the snow and freezing rain.
5aa0eb96013b9_3resize.thumb.jpg.c21dad7af4afd4832b024333a96ab1e2.jpg5aa0eb931a346_4resize.thumb.jpg.ec4dc778653c92f257984e748289c19f.jpg5aa0ebb4c1786_8resize.thumb.jpg.d1ef28a7ea1a4b2122a530abc9205239.jpg5aa0ebaf0c28b_12resize.thumb.jpg.55d9461c027032637e77a73cc7a1e056.jpg5aa0ec213d941_14resize.thumb.jpg.7b227de1205b8516839e68cc07405ec1.jpg5aa0ec288add9_16resize.thumb.jpg.3802074a79943ab0dd662406090a4e21.jpg5aa0ec2c805c1_18resize.thumb.jpg.c485cf774b80349430076041f597bf1d.jpg5aa0ec168c89d_27resize.thumb.jpg.81b017e37cc230a4634df731f6db0f06.jpg5aa0ec348e2f4_24resize.thumb.jpg.ecc513988867ef53404bcd8c9b11a4e0.jpg

2nd to last pic is the only example of drifts like that I found, and the last pic shows branches down from the weight of ice combined with strong winds.

Also I think I know why this anemometer (not mine) was under-reading! :D
5aa0ec189e903_28resize.thumb.jpg.f1f09a651504d8cc5ac8aa740ebc63b5.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Got down to 1.1c last night. Feeling a bit jealous hearing about the epic snow falls up north. 6 inches in an hour!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

This time last week. :cray: 

• Like 1

Posted
49 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

This time last week. :cray: 

Stop it I'm tryimg to clear my head of snow stuff, would be a hundreds time worse if it had missed us ala 2013 though!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
12 hours ago, EllyTech said:

The only bread available in our local shop was local bakery, unsliced small loaf. I took it. :ninja:

I hope you paid!:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Ok own up, who ordered the high winds? At work and it's blowing a right hoolie, not impressed.

Posted
15 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Stop it I'm tryimg to clear my head of snow stuff, would be a hundreds time worse if it had missed us ala 2013 though!!!

That’s very true! Spurs lost as well, which is good for healing   :ninja:

Posted

In terms of snow I hope we are entering a cluster of cold spells during the winter. Thinking back Winters 2008-9 through to 2010-11 had at least one snow event per season. With the solar spots supposed to be bottoming out in 2019-20 you never know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, festivalking said:

If it's any consolation all my northern friends are moning about having more snow :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Mostly sunny so far this morning. 8.3°C. Last week I woke upto this:67649918-9BD1-4E37-95FB-5F3F66D59747.thumb.jpeg.7341b7aa432ffb5cabe4a0de8e68bd04.jpeg

And that was just the start of it. 

• Like 1

Posted

This time last week it was -3.5c with snow on the ground, 1 week on its 8.0C and not a sign of snow left. Soon be summer though ?

• Like 1

Posted

As everybody appears to reminiscing looking at the number of members browsing, apart from myself there's ONE person, thanks for the company Matt!

My, how the weather affects people, I suppose the other 198 folks will be consoling themselves that they saw something white in the precipitation world..

Temperature rising nicely, a tad down on yesterday @ 11.3C, but a fair breeze in from the SW.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
5 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

As everybody appears to reminiscing looking at the number of members browsing, apart from myself there's ONE person, thanks for the company Matt!

My, how the weather affects people, I suppose the other 198 folks will be consoling themselves that they saw something white in the precipitation world..

Temperature rising nicely, a tad down on yesterday @ 11.3C, but a fair breeze in from the SW.. 

I’ve been on my own in here several times in the last few days. Everyone’s abandoned the thread. :sorry:

• Like 1

Posted

I’ve abandoned nothing. Just been an exhausting few weeks, work manic busy too. Let’s face it, much less interesting weather for the majority at the minute. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
4 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I’ve been on my own in here several times in the last few days. Everyone’s abandoned the thread. :sorry:

Thing is its a cyclic thing. More posts, more to read, people will look in more. Nothing going on, the equivalent of a post coital cigarette all round, we're all a bit drowsy and thinking about how good it was... In truth I'm very much enjoying lighter evenings, the chance to do stuff outside after work and thinking about getting on the allotment. It was a hell of a good ride though! Probably for me a perfect cold spell - lead up well modelled, including the obligatory wobble, then cold arrives, snow flurries, other areas seeing big falls before final we get our turn. The only poor point was the very rapid return to normal with a quick thaw - would have like the ice days for sat and sun then back to normal to be perfect...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

4.2mm of rain over night. March at 36.4mm and 2018 at 206.4mm

Currently sunny and breezy with a temp of 10.4°C - More work in the garden!

Posted

I've not abandoned the place either. Combination of a grotty virus, course work deadline and not a huge amount to comment on. Still pop in a couple of times a day, though 

• Like 1