Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I think that there was much more rain than originally forecast Mapantz.  On Spotlight last evening David Braine intimated that it would be light showers that would be patchy in nature over the east of the region (ie Dorset).  As it happens, we've had none at all and the skies cleared about an hour before sunset.  However, Dorchester has had quite a wet afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

No rain at all here apart from a few spots blowing in the wind. 

Posted

Morning All, after an overnight low of 5.9C temperatures begin to climb as we are in wall to wall blue skies again after the cloudy and damp afternoon yesterday, which was localised to southern Dorset (a channel creeper!), even Matt missed out. Channel looks fresh and inviting this morning, although the temperature probably isn't ?‍♂️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

Netweather have thunderstorms forecast for Monday evening. And Tuesday afternoon and evening. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Blue skies from the word go! Temp 17.7 °C 

Definitely going to be a sunshine record this month. I've recorded sunshine every single day, so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Blue skies and warm in the sun although with a cool breeze. Just looking back through the month so far and I’ve already had more days reaching 20°C than last May. Won’t reach 20°C today though, currently 16.8°C  

Posted

Lyme Bay was looking pretty idyllic this morning, but there was a nip in the air right on the coast.  One brave soul decided to go for a quick dip on the east beach at West Bay, but he only lasted about 30 seconds!

P1030700 (800x600).jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Met o and Google have me down for thunderstorms Monday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

Netweather have me down for thunderstorms from Monday to Thursday. 

Posted

Sunny again although a bit more cloud in the sky than yesterday. Only 13.4°C with a cool breeze. 

Posted

Sunny spells. Temp 16.4°C

Nowhere has  me down for thunderstorms on Monday. Sunshine all the way!

Posted

You can bet your bottom dollar that an unsettled spell will turn up from 29th May to June 1st when I have a brief work period during half term! If it does turn bad then that will follow 7 wet/damp mornings out of 9 in the Easter break!

The vast majority of the 6 school weeks have and will be fine (next week won't be anything more than scattered showers/storms) although of course that included a wet Wednesday which obviously landed on my fortnightly workday!

I am only too aware that we probably do need some rain and will do even more with another dry warm week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

These thunderstorms on Monday could really be big!

Posted

Area of slack low pressure and sat in between two troughs for a few days, showers will build through the early morning in to the afternoon. Slow moving and scattered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Thanks for letting me post here so here are my thoughts on today from my neck of the woods.

Quite a bit of cloud here in St Leonards-on-Sea this morning but by the afternoon a light southerly breeze pushed it further inland leading to a mostly sunny pm.

Despite the sunshine the temperature only struggled up to a disappointing max of 14.3c. That said it felt pleasant enough to sit outside for a couple of hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
2 hours ago, Leon1 said:

These thunderstorms on Monday could really be big!

Certainly an exciting prospect! I've already enjoyed 2 in the past 4 weeks and I wouldn't mind another :)

• Like 1

Posted

Clouded over for a while this afternoon but cleared again this evening, just about caught the sunset. 

5C6DFCC9-6925-4928-8713-86B0FE314DAC.jpeg

FE55E927-3E64-4ADD-B507-51AE936F44CD.jpeg

Edited by matt111
  • Like 4

Posted

A disappointingly cloudy afternoon, made it feel quite humid.  Sky cleared before sunset.

MetO has Sherborne down for 60% chance of thunderstorms on Monday afternoon.  Best get the grass cut over the weekend as have neighbour's to do too this time.

Posted

Forgot to say with the sea breeze it only got to 13.8°C here today and in the shade it felt quite chilly, hopefully won’t be as cool as that after today. 

Posted

Thunderstorm risk looks to favour inland areas on Monday. Strong  diurnal heating will lead to fairly strong SB-CAPE developing, particularly North and West of the region. Lack of shear will mean they won't be organised t-storms - more like pulse-storms. That risk continues throughout next week, so many could get quite lucky!

• Like 1

Posted

Out and about early this morning, cool start with fog. Clearer further inland. Here’s a picture of the sunrise to go with the sunset pictures last night. 

9BA872F9-9316-4947-A970-F1425623D053.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted

We've gone from a great winter and early spring snow to a great summer.

• Like 2