Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A cloudy start here, and clouds around  now. Not the forecast that was shown to be..

Temp: 19.8°C 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Took until half ten (BST) to clear here, now it's full, warm sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Blue skies and warmer than yesterday, could actually end up the warmest day of the year so far here if like yesterday there’s no sea breeze this afternoon. 22.4°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just reached 24.1°C making it the warmest day of the year so far here. :yahoo: 

Posted

Managed 24.1°C today. I've been doing quite a bit of work in the garden, the sunshine has completely worn me out!

Just had a peep at the charts.. It could possibly be a record a new May record for sunshine down here.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Good evening to my neighbours in the next door region. I'm posting here because i'm done with the thread that covers my region

It's been a cracking good day here with plenty of sunshine and temperatures around 23c. I've managed to get a fair bit done in the garden and currently sitting outside enjoying a beer and the evening warmth. Long may it last.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

what a stunning 2 days, cool in the mornings but it has soon warmed up

Posted

Still 20.6°C now, first time it’s been that high at this time for a while. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
2 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

Good evening to my neighbours in the next door region. I'm posting here because i'm done with the thread that covers my region

It's been a cracking good day here with plenty of sunshine and temperatures around 23c. I've managed to get a fair bit done in the garden and currently sitting outside enjoying a beer and the evening warmth. Long may it last.

Welcome!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Evening all, just popping by to say 'hello'. Hasn't it been a cracking day, more of the same please. Busy time of year for us gardeners but perfect weather for it today. My flowery bower at work is now the best coffee break spot with the wisteria in full bloom, it smells heavenly. The building site from last year is now a sunny terrace and the new lavender hedge I planted in the autumn is bursting with flower buds, despite the cold of the winter trying to finish it off, the back planting of alliums are all out and the hedgerows are perfect fluffy drifts of cow parsley. Oh how I love this time of year!

DSC02046.JPG

DSC02038.JPG

DSC02036.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
17 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Welcome!

Thank you for the welcome, I hope it's ok to keep posting here despite being an 'outsider' ?!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, SenlacJack said:

Thank you for the welcome, I hope it's ok to keep posting here despite being an 'outsider' ?!

Absolutely fine! :)

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, jethro said:

Evening all, just popping by to say 'hello'. Hasn't it been a cracking day, more of the same please. Busy time of year for us gardeners but perfect weather for it today. My flowery bower at work is now the best coffee break spot with the wisteria in full bloom, it smells heavenly. The building site from last year is now a sunny terrace and the new lavender hedge I planted in the autumn is bursting with flower buds, despite the cold of the winter trying to finish it off, the back planting of alliums are all out and the hedgerows are perfect fluffy drifts of cow parsley. Oh how I love this time of year!

DSC02038.JPG

The Wisteria is looking mighty fine! Mine is only just  starting to blossom - it's always the second half of May, in to the first part of June for me. I do love it though, especially the smell. Mine splits my garden in to two halves, so you get the lovely scent as you walk under it. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

After the early mist cleared, it was another cracker, warmer than yesterday with a high of 22C. Something more autumnal tomorrow before warming up again in time for the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
56 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

The Wisteria is looking mighty fine! Mine is only just  starting to blossom - it's always the second half of May, in to the first part of June for me. I do love it though, especially the smell. Mine splits my garden in to two halves, so you get the lovely scent as you walk under it. :)

There's another huge one at work on the pergola and that's usually a bit later than the other one, couldn't tell you which variety either of them are. The perfume though.....oh it's heavenly, love a nice still day, it fills the entire garden when there's no wind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

Looks thundery to the south.heavy rain on radar

Posted

Doesn’t feel as cool as I thought it was going to but still not that nice with cloudy skies and the odd spot of rain. 15.8°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
4 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Doesn’t feel as cool as I thought it was going to but still not that nice with cloudy skies and the odd spot of rain. 15.8°C. 

Indeed. In fact with lightbulb sun and out of the wind, it's almost humid feeling. Had a some very light rain for a time earlier. 

Posted
56 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Indeed. In fact with lightbulb sun and out of the wind, it's almost humid feeling. Had a some very light rain for a time earlier. 

Hey that's my saying ! (c)

• Like 1

Posted

Temperature down and around the expected mark of  13.6C as the cooler air started to invade the area around 11:15, and progressively cooled off as the air mixed over the area and generated a welcomed 1mm of rainfall.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

So far, no precipitation whatsoever.  Gone from brightly overcast this morning to just grey this afternoon.

Posted

Light rain for about 3 hours here, totalling 3.2mm. I don't remember that being forecast?

Temp maxed at 16.3°C