Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
1 minute ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Beautiful! Tyne Cot, the Menin Gate and Ypres town centre are must-visits! There are a few good museums too. 

I shall make sure to visit them then. If I remember, I'll tell you how it went when I come back!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
1 minute ago, Leon1 said:

I shall make sure to visit them then. If I remember, I'll tell you how it went when I come back!

Sure thing! Have a good trip, in advance :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
3 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Sure thing! Have a good trip, in advance :)

Thank you! :) 

• Like 1

Posted

Are these frequent cool/cold mornings an ongoing effect of the colder winter? Perhaps due to sea temperatures being lower?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

I'm really not sure , but I do remember in 1995  that the winter 1994/95 was a very mild one, but the spring and particularly May that year was very chilly, grey and overcast , only to give way to a very stonking hot second half of June, July and the weather finally broke latter half of August . ( my eldest was born and I seem to remember the weather patterns clearly as I wanted to dress her in certain outfits and couldn't because it was too cold at first  ) . 

So who knows ? Maybe something to do with solar cycle too ? 

Beautiful morning here , 10C , bright sunshine . Hopefully will bring my sweetpeas along nicely and my indoor plants too- chillies and peppers . Also growing basil and parsley from seed . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lovely start with wall to wall blue skies!

Posted

A serene start to Sunday, was wall to wall blue, now beginning to pick up some cloud as the warmth progresses. An overnight low of 4.3C  and a breeze in from the NW might force the temperatures to hold back a degree or two today, but we shall see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Blue skies, some cloud. Temp 16.3°C 

A good indication of DLS today. Cirrus going one way, and small cumulus going in the opposite direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Much better today rhan yesterday with blue skies, still a cool breeze but feels warmer than yesterday in the sun. 13.4°C. 

Posted

Got some cool Bamboo solar power lanterns for the garden today in Homebase. I'll send a picture when they are on tonight.

• Like 1

Posted

Weymouth was absolutely breathtaking today! The first picture was taken mid to late morning and the second in mid afternoon.

IMG_2393.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Leon1 said:

Got some cool Bamboo solar power lanterns for the garden today in Homebase. I'll send a picture when they are on tonight.

Actually not tonight, too dark now to even see the actual lantern just the orange glow! lol 

Tomorrow instead.

Edited by Leon1

Posted

Morning all after an overnight low of 7.5C, we have wall to wall blue skies, always amazes me the weather knows when the weekend occurs and dumps the cloud, come the working week the sun returns in anger...(well apart from last weekend which was most unusual) Channel is sparkling this morning...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Blue skies and 16.7°C 

My recorded sunshine hours after yesterday are at 103.2 hours. Way above my own average, and above the MetO derived average for this area.

SunshineByMonth.thumb.png.d454d2bb9a5929d00023d17710631e10.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not bad at all today, sunny and warm with a light breeze. 20.6°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Absolute stunner of a day! 19C, clear skies, light wind and low humidity with strong sun!

This for most of the summer please. That would be 23-24C for July and August :)

Posted

2c warmer than forecasted today! I'm predicting a 24c for here tomorrow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Wall to wall sunshine here too, just topped 20°C, still a nip in the breeze though.  It would suit me if it was like this throughout the summer, perhaps a tad warmer, but not too much.

• Like 3

Posted

Screenshot_20180514-213134.pngbamboo lights, I said I would post them yesterday. :)

Edited by Leon1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Beautiful day today, unbroken sunshine and a high of 22C . 

Went to a south west beach - Dawlish and it was just beautiful . Pity I have one arm in plaster ( suspected fracture and the. Today learned that the RHeumatoid arthritis has wrecked a tendon in my ankle. I know have  d a steroid injection in it and the ankle in a cast . It's rather comical . 

At least tomorrow I can rest in  the sun  

Posted

Reached 21.6°C earlier with blue skies all day, looks like more of the same tomorrow. 

Posted

A double digit low last night for the first time in a few nights, suggests today will warm nicely, before we get back to reality tomorrow,,