Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Yup, typical the day comes to an end, the sun is teetering on being effective and the cloud evaporates...typical:doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Really nice evening now. Clearest I’ve seen it over the water for a while, although I haven’t been down there much lately  

FBB3043A-9287-4641-AE7D-A99F0253A8A6.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Was only just yesterday the Met Office were predicting UV levels to hit 6 and now they predict UV levels of 7 for Sunday and Monday. Gonna have a cracking tan by the time Bank Holiday finishes!

• Like 2

Posted

The Big Question.   To put the tomato plants out yet as some nights coming up are 6c. 

Dilemma!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Lovely day for the Downton Cuckoo Fair..!

Posted

Putting the chilli/tomato plants out in the sun for half hour to an hour this morning to start hardening them off, always a nervous time as don't want them to get sun burnt when been looking after them for months! ?️ Also not liking the fact the GFS is keen to bring cooler air in later next week with temps struggling at night from 4 to 6c 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Just planted my runner beans and french beans - taking a chance but they were getting really huge in growhouse!

It's a fine line this time of the year - all that hard work producing the plants and jack frost undoes it all!

Next few days looking good though - hopefully give the plants a chance to acclimatise.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Currently 20.4°C after hitting 20.9 about an hour ago.  Some fair weather cumulus has appeared and is making it feel cooler out of the sun.  I'm not complaining though!

Posted

A warm 22.7C in the garden, and the harbour is looking serene and quiet given there's little breeze no surprise I suppose

https://www.fjbhotels.co.uk/liveview/

Check the view from the Harbour Heights hotel from Poole right round the harbour and across to Old Harry, on a day like today it's a great view on a webcam..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Very nice here in Downton cuckoo fair..  warm and sunny with a light breeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Very nice here today with blue skies all day and feeling warm. Reached 20.5°C earlier. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The perfect wind direction for here - circa East. It always bumps the temperature up in my neck of the woods. Made it to 22.9°C

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Temp here 16c today but lovely blue sky at last and NO WIND!

stood the tommies and chilli out to sunbathe with us!

Will put them in shed tonight.

night temps look a bit better today’s forecast thank goodness.

Daily Express (I know!) says we’re in for a hot summer.  Cross your fingers etc.!

• Like 1

Posted

Downton Cuckoo fair pulls in the crowds all right,chaos on even the lanes though,with people finding ways to try and avoid it lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

The most beautiful perfect day, sunny, hot, apple blossom full of bees, lots of garlic clumps transplanted, tasty burgers for tea :-)

31942266_10155135054111292_6076470398386438144_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted

Morning all another wall to wall blue sky start to the day, although a light breeze has kicked off early today. An overnight low of 8C is now up and away as we reach 13.3C. Enjoy..

• Like 1

Posted
16 hours ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Very nice here in Downton cuckoo fair..  warm and sunny with a light breeze

14 hours ago, jy said:

Downton Cuckoo fair pulls in the crowds all right,chaos on even the lanes though,with people finding ways to try and avoid it lol

It was a cracking day for it. We ended up sat on the green at the back of the White Horse, for a couple of pints of Elderquad in the sunshine. Happy days. 

• Like 1

Posted

Mates reporting widespread hangovers this morning,i was working but in going the back lanes to Burgate from the Yew Tree,on one occasion had to let 7 cars go past me as folk not at the fair were taking the scenic route to try and miss Downton,more cars seen on those lanes in 20 mins that a month normally lol......will be in Red Kite mode from next week.....any sightings

Posted
2 hours ago, jy said:

Mates reporting widespread hangovers this morning,i was working but in going the back lanes to Burgate from the Yew Tree,on one occasion had to let 7 cars go past me as folk not at the fair were taking the scenic route to try and miss Downton,more cars seen on those lanes in 20 mins that a month normally lol......will be in Red Kite mode from next week.....any sightings

The red kite's a common site here....bloody noisy creatures! High of 23 c yesterday. Think we could beat that today. Lovely to be out before 9am without a coat. 

Edited by Frosty hollows

Posted

Another day of clear blue skies. The temperature reached 22.1°C an hour ago but with the sea breeze picking up it’s dropped to 18.8°C. Still feels warm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

24.6c now. my warmest day of the year so far.