Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Been for a walk this morning but boy does it not feel like April/May! I think if it weren't for the brief warm spell and thunderstorm, this April could've been amongst the worst I've experienced.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
39 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

I really want to put my heating back on. Brrrr.

I did it yesterday :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

I did it yesterday :)

Mine has been on since yesterday.

7c Very cold :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Brrrr, it feels like winter out there, bitingly cold wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

Brrrr, it feels like winter out there, bitingly cold wind.

Yes its nasty. I wonder if the rain/sleet/snow will reach us monday jeth it looks slightly to our east to be honest but its going to feel nasty either way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Apparent temperature out there is 4.0c............Not good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just been outside and yes the wind is very cold here. Not what you’d expect in late April.

Posted

Although its been dry today, its only reached 9.5c midday and 8c now.
The NE 12-16mph wind has sure made it feel chilly.

Not looking great tomorrow, prolonged heavy rain day and strong 25mph winds with 40mph gusts.

Posted

get out there and enjoy the great outdoors,its like a swim in cold water,its lovely once you are in lol...mowed two large lawns,grass very long but looking and smelling lovely now,not paid work just my own and a neighbourly cut for next door.

Posted
12 minutes ago, jy said:

get out there and enjoy the great outdoors,its like a swim in cold water,its lovely once you are in lol...mowed two large lawns,grass very long but looking and smelling lovely now,not paid work just my own and a neighbourly cut for next door.

I fixed a hammock up in the brewshed this morning. Visions of lazy Sunday afternoons, drifting off with the spring sunshine streaming through the windows.

Came in for a warm up instead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Think the winds picked up a bit this evening and it feels like winter out there. :cold:

Edited by matt111

Posted
38 minutes ago, snowflakey said:

THe country file forecast seemed to indicate that the rain might not reach as far west as was previously thought.

I might be misinterpreting him but Chris Fawkes seemed very uneasy with the graphics he was presenting. 

He is a very good, knowledgable forecaster and said he thought the rain would be further East than shown for tomorrow. Then for Friday snow seemed to be shown for Scotland which he said wouldn't happen (or words to that effect) .

Since they changed provider a few months ago the precipitation graphics on BBC forecasts have been way out numerous times at close range.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Met Office have been consistent in showing it dry here, as have quite a few models.

viewimage.thumb.png.ea1db5a4d01dfe8a8445ef6e99132d2b.png 5ae62e95525c8_viewimage(1).thumb.png.bc3ea77d19eae2880bb761ab0c360c8d.png

Highs of 10C here tomorrow, while not very good, i'm glad i'm not in the SE - don't envy them.

Looking much nicer Tuesday >

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
7 hours ago, Nights King said:

Yes its nasty. I wonder if the rain/sleet/snow will reach us monday jeth it looks slightly to our east to be honest but its going to feel nasty either way.

Hopefully it will stay away, either way I'm going for a home day and nanny duty, much nicer than a grotty weather day at work.

Posted

Morning All, currently overcast, with a chill breeze from the NE which to go with the temperature of  5.7 °C   makes it feel a little like February all over again.

Posted

A quick look out of the office window shows the thinner cloud edge over Poole, and to the East the thicker cloud towards Southampton, still looks like the edge of the rain will go to our East.

Posted
10 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

I might be misinterpreting him but Chris Fawkes seemed very uneasy with the graphics he was presenting. 

He is a very good, knowledgable forecaster and said he thought the rain would be further East than shown for tomorrow. Then for Friday snow seemed to be shown for Scotland which he said wouldn't happen (or words to that effect) .

Since they changed provider a few months ago the precipitation graphics on BBC forecasts have been way out numerous times at close range.

And I find the worst thing, is that all timings have been removed, almost to say "Well we can get it to a day, but beyond that we'd rather not say"...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Cloudy, breezy and cold... again. Can see the edge of the cloud out west though with blue sky visible. 05.5C currently,

Posted

Weather nowhere near as bad as predicted.  We've bern lucky so far as all the ppn seems to be east of Reading.  Most notable feature is the wind chill. Need to dig out my gloves!

Posted

Dry all day so far and looks like it might well stay that way. Very cold wind though. :cold: