Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Screenshot_2018-04-27-10-11-27.thumb.png.93b51097312f9df9e55d1c1b7ddb9c1b.png

Wrong. It's not raining and there's hardly a breath of wind.

Well it doesn't look as though we will see the suggested totals from various forecasts. Yes it's raining but it doesn't look to last that long as the heavier stuff has already past us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
16 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Well it doesn't look as though we will see the suggested totals from various forecasts. Yes it's raining but it doesn't look to last that long as the heavier stuff has already past us.

Certainly nothing out of the ordinary. Rain has been stop-start here, not what I would call a washout, as was suggested.

Posted
15 hours ago, jethro said:

Aw thank you. My world has gone a bit bonkers so don't have a lot of time, not only is it a really busy time of year but it seems I'm going to be moving in the next few weeks too. We got planning consent to build a house and the intention was to build it whilst living in our current home, then sell and move into the new one. Sorting the finance was proving a bit of a headache but we finally got that all sorted and were just about to start setting the wheels in motion when we got a knock at the door.....A neighbour wants to buy our house, cash buyer so we'd be really stupid to turn it down - fantastic news :-) However, it's thrown all the plans into complete disarray and we now have to find a rental property pronto - easier said than done when you've got two dogs. Looked at buying a static caravan to put on site, can't get it down there, renting is proving to be a nightmare, currently considering building a timber cabin and putting everything into storage (oh my god, that's staggeringly expensive!). Sods law dictates if I end up living in little more than a garden shed for a year, next winter will deliver the mother load of snow for weeks on end. So, if anyone knows of a rental house in this area, that accepts pets, I'd be eternally grateful.

Frost????? Seriously???? No, no, no, no, no, pears, apples, plums, cherries all covered in blossom around here.

Wow Jethro, too much life stuff all at once in the busiest gardening season. You know, you can worry too much. It won't always be a nightmare finding a rental, I'm sure, take one step at a time. If its a shack to begin then so be it, the following month might turn up umpteen things, and so on and so forth. Take the cash and find a travel lodge. Store things within a budget. Just for a few weeks maybe. It will surely help you to downsize your belongings... now, why not do car boot weekends? Time? Yep, I know!!! 

Weather and frost - It was some rumour, temps dipping close to freezing if not freezing, sometime next week. Keeping an eye. Fleece at hand if necessary.

Posted
14 hours ago, Frosty hollows said:

We're slightly ahead here despite our frosts. Cherrys are now in bloom/ exiting bloom 

Exiting is good. Mine are entering. Apples are in the middle.:unknw: 

Edited by EllyTech

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Today has been mostly wet, the only variation was intensity, often really heavy rain; thankfully dodged the lot by pricking out and potting on stuff in the greenhouse.

• Like 1

Posted
53 minutes ago, jethro said:

Today has been mostly wet, the only variation was intensity, often really heavy rain; thankfully dodged the lot by pricking out and potting on stuff in the greenhouse.

So frustrating trying to sort out my garden.  Nothing has really drained yet as the earth is still so waterlogged even an hours worth of rain and they are puddles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Wet snow chance Monday? 

I have been looking at the app lowering the temperature by a degree every day in the run-up so far was showing 10 9 8 7 now showing six for Monday .  Snow risk chance also showing over north eastern parts of our region into Wiltshire chances get higher further east and north 

Crazy weather to think last weekend was baking hot and spectacular electrical storms 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
2 hours ago, offerman said:

Wet snow chance Monday? 

I have been looking at the app lowering the temperature by a degree every day in the run-up so far was showing 10 9 8 7 now showing six for Monday .  Snow risk chance also showing over north eastern parts of our region into Wiltshire chances get higher further east and north 

Crazy weather to think last weekend was baking hot and spectacular electrical storms 

Yep sleet all day now for according to nw... rain by met office ..

054343DD-E81A-4FF5-80F4-D93C94B8FB4F.png

Posted

Of course, snow is not unheard of in April - 23rd or 24th we had snow one year. 

Keeping this for posterity. Seems potty after temps in the 20s last week.

Forecast - 

snow in April.jpeg

Posted
6 hours ago, kent said:

So frustrating trying to sort out my garden.  Nothing has really drained yet as the earth is still so waterlogged even an hours worth of rain and they are puddles.

Poor you, it's not so bad around here, seriously fed up with all the wind though, poor tulips are getting battered to pieces.

Posted
6 hours ago, offerman said:

Wet snow chance Monday? 

No, no, no, no, no. It's not happening, it can sod off, it's not bloody welcome until at least 1st December.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, jethro said:

No, no, no, no, no. It's not happening, it can sod off, it's not bloody welcome until at least 1st December.

You laugh jeth but latest models suggest a pasting for hills. :D:drinks:

Ill take it anytime of year and if anything it is so unusual im even more interested now. :)

Posted
8 hours ago, Nights King said:

You laugh jeth but latest models suggest a pasting for hills. :D:drinks:

Ill take it anytime of year and if anything it is so unusual im even more interested now. :)

I'll be closer to crying than laughing, seriously, it can sod off. Cold weather this late in the season can cause so much damage to gardens and crops, I'd rather have a bumper fruit crop than see snow now.

It's not a serious threat, is it? We're not really going to get snow, are we?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cold Wet and windy For Monday .Could change to sleet or snow on  the hills. For a while. ..Only a little while,....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

hirlamuk-1-48-0.png?28-12

Took this from the MAD thread. Yeah... I've always liked the Hirlam, lol. In all seriousness though I don't mind if it doesn't happen seeing as it is so late in the year. It's also one of those falls where it will be gone by lunch by the looks of me. :) 

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like there was no point trying to harden off some chilli plants these last few weeks ready to stay outside, looking at that HIRLAM :rofl:

Posted

Lol, my kitchen windowcill looks like the jungle with tomato and chilli plants and a Lidl strawberry plant enjoying the sun.

sooo cold outside, 6c early mornings, and a nasty cold breeze.  

Oak trees are out in leaf before the ash this year.

remember the old saying?   

Still hoping for a good hot summer.

ive lost all my tender plants this winter, they have survived our usually mild winters but not this last one.  Even mature palms have “spear pulled” now so will be in the bin shortly.   Even things put in the shed died.  Oh well,  back to growing hardy stuff from now on!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning, relieved to see the threat of sleet and snow has been removed from the forecast for tomorrow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Good , I mglad about that, I'd hate to hear that all your lovely hard work wiped out  . 

Youve reminded me I'm going o get my potted sweetpeas in I think , a bit chilly for them . They've grown beautifully since being potted in large deep pots -as they have very long roots outside but for now I'll bringthem in for s few days . 

Weather as ever rather chilly  in its feel but then again not unusual for this time of year . Then all of a sudden warm weather seems to erupt from nowhere . 

My feline weather monitor has climbed the wooden hill ( quite a feat for a three legged feline! ) and is now curled up on my bed fast asleep. She's obviously written the day off . 

Posted

Overcast, yet dry start to the day, currently 7.8°C  .

Looks as though the rain on Monday could stay a little further east than was first suggested, so possibly a dry day, or at least some light rain, but not the heavier rain at first suggested.

Posted

The thunder last weekend went around (and mainly east of here), had some rumbles from several miles away though.

13.8mm of rain on Friday, cloudy all of yesterday and today, and feeling chilly (11.2C max yesterday and 10.1C so far today but about 9C atm).

Tomorrow just looks mostly cloudy and breezy and reaching 10-12C here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

While it’s not raining it’s bad enough now with gloomy skies and only 9.5°C. :bad:

Edited by matt111