Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Missed the showers here except one heavilyish shower earlier. It’s been dark to the north of here a lot of the time but blue sky overhead all afternoon. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
20 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Heavy shower just now, looked like some hail in the mix too. 

Did you look up?

P4250033_sm.thumb.jpg.9f56b2b44b2718f30385ad49bba7a24d.jpg

It was rumbling away nicely to the South of here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

I would love some more thunderstorms but it doesn't seem like that'll happen. :( 

Posted

Just had some stronger winds here than forecast for the last hour, 25-30 mph and gusts of 35-39mph.
Its been a sunny blue sky afternoon with some quick passing grey cloud now and again.
No rain this afternoon after a few quick drizzly April showers lunchtime only 0.2mm.

Also heard in Locks Heath they had even stronger winds and had some garden furniture and bins blowing over in the last hour or so.
They have also this afternoon had some heavy showers and a few hail showers.

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
2 hours ago, jtay said:

Did you look up?

P4250033_sm.thumb.jpg.9f56b2b44b2718f30385ad49bba7a24d.jpg

It was rumbling away nicely to the South of here.

No I didn’t. Well that was a great photo opportunity missed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Very windy and heavy but brief showers all day today and the wind isn't keen in giving up yet either . 

Typical spring weather :-) 

Posted

Showers seem to be further south today crossing the area, has to be said still being missed by the ones that do cross the area, but that's the nature of a shower!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

No showers here again. Nice long spells of sunshine. Temp 14.1°C

88.2 hours of sunshine in the past 13 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A couple of showers but otherwise as it was yesterday, sunny and breeze. Shame it’s not a bit warmer though as it’s not that warm in the breeze. 12.9°C. 

Posted

A showery morning including rainbows on 4 occasions turned into a mostly sunny afternoon with a shower streamer visible to the South. Max of 14.9c and we made the most of it ahead of tomorrow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

No need for any warnings here, ground is bone dry! I've already been watering the garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Evening, just stopped by to check the forecast and I've been accosted by Robomod telling me I'm not an active member anymore. Got to post something in the weather section apparently......

It's April, it's showery

I've been busy, making gardens flowery

The wind, it's still cold

But the weeds, they're getting bold

The clouds, they're looking glowery

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

South coast of Dorset was sunny this morning, wicked, lazy breeze took the shine off it though.  Couple of hefty, short lived showers nearer home at lunchtime, followed by a dry but still breezy afternoon.

Tomorrow's looking grim. :angry:

Posted
1 hour ago, jethro said:

Evening, just stopped by to check the forecast and I've been accosted by Robomod telling me I'm not an active member anymore. Got to post something in the weather section apparently......

It's April, it's showery

I've been busy, making gardens flowery

The wind, it's still cold

But the weeds, they're getting bold

The clouds, they're looking glowery

Hello Jethro, you are missed around here. 

..If there is going to be a frost next week, this will be dreadful. Apple in blossom and cherry close behind! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
2 hours ago, EllyTech said:

..If there is going to be a frost next week, this will be dreadful. Apple in blossom and cherry close behind! 

Aw thank you. My world has gone a bit bonkers so don't have a lot of time, not only is it a really busy time of year but it seems I'm going to be moving in the next few weeks too. We got planning consent to build a house and the intention was to build it whilst living in our current home, then sell and move into the new one. Sorting the finance was proving a bit of a headache but we finally got that all sorted and were just about to start setting the wheels in motion when we got a knock at the door.....A neighbour wants to buy our house, cash buyer so we'd be really stupid to turn it down - fantastic news :-) However, it's thrown all the plans into complete disarray and we now have to find a rental property pronto - easier said than done when you've got two dogs. Looked at buying a static caravan to put on site, can't get it down there, renting is proving to be a nightmare, currently considering building a timber cabin and putting everything into storage (oh my god, that's staggeringly expensive!). Sods law dictates if I end up living in little more than a garden shed for a year, next winter will deliver the mother load of snow for weeks on end. So, if anyone knows of a rental house in this area, that accepts pets, I'd be eternally grateful.

Frost????? Seriously???? No, no, no, no, no, pears, apples, plums, cherries all covered in blossom around here.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, EllyTech said:

We're slightly ahead here despite our frosts. Cherrys are now in bloom/ exiting bloom 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

6C and moderate rain. Yummy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

looking forward to snow on monday followed by 70F+ a few days later according to some modelling :crazy: