Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Apart from that unexpected drizzly, showery start it's turned into an increasingly sunny day, now mostly clear with small Cumulus and some Altocumulus. Quite breezy and 15.6c the maximum. 

Posted

Dry here save for the odd spit in the strong Westerly wind and extensively overcast.

There really are some strange people around. I took my boy to watch a few trains at the station and a couple were stood next to a bench with their bags on the bench. I asked if they could move the bags so we could sit down and you'd think I'd asked them for a £grand the way they replied!!

• Like 1

Posted

A lot of people are idiots Andy, unfortunately.

This morning I picked up a disposable bbq grill from the riverbank in Downton, complete with melted plastic.

And last week I had to give a couple of kids a b*ll*cking for chucking their empty plastic bottle in the river.

The latter cheered me up no end. :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Brighter earlier but now it’s dull with drizzle. 10.5°C. 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Simply grey and boring here.  A little dampness in the air, but not enough to show on the ground.  Making it feel cooler than the 13°C showing.

Posted
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Dry here save for the odd spit in the strong Westerly wind and extensively overcast.

There really are some strange people around. I took my boy to watch a few trains at the station and a couple were stood next to a bench with their bags on the bench. I asked if they could move the bags so we could sit down and you'd think I'd asked them for a £grand the way they replied!!

Shouda asked if they had a ticket for the seat.....

• Like 1

Posted

After a nice sunny and warm morning, everything went belly up and what a naff afternoon indeed, dribble for most of the time, with 2.3mm of rain here, and the wind is definitely on the increase..11.8C thisarve...

Posted
1 hour ago, jordan smith said:

Looks like the rain has been further north than anticipated. Was expected to be a little wet today.

Interesting that the prognosis last week was for the jet stream to wash over the southern UK, but has in fact run through about 150-200miles north of the expectation..

Posted

Avoided the weather by taking her indoors for a birthday treat spa day treat at Brockenhurst,sun greeted us on the outward journey but heavy drizzle was in the majority,what a good day out,noticed they have withdrawn the offer I took,it seemed too good to be true when I booked it lol

Posted

Morning All, a great start to the day, wall to wall blue sky, not a cloud anywhere, the channel is sparkling this morning, after a cool start of 6.2°C

Posted

Sunshine and showers in Westbury. Showers seem to be developing quite quickly from the Bristol Channel/Mendips and moving ESE.

Posted

Sunshine and showers here too. Showers becoming increasingly heavy and sunshine in between stronger and warmer. Had a bit of hail in last shower so don't think it could take much for showers to electrify later in the day ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

I loved those storms recently a barrage of lighting here in Frome and hoping we get many more through the summer for everyone .

9667354A-DFF1-4169-BF52-C0E88CC22A0B.png

9B36C28A-60B7-4D42-857E-4404465E634B.png

4F4C8F4D-9AEC-41AC-BA42-21B6C2EEF669.png

2B08B91C-6DA7-4AB6-BC45-03539C828312.png

49203D33-BAE1-47B4-9122-6FFF888C241E.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Missing most of the showers here as they set up their own train line to the south, all quite standard for a WNW flow. Windy enough though which makes the already-chilly temperature that bit less pleasant!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

One shower around lunchtime here but otherwise it’s been sunny most of the day so far. Feels a bit cool with the breeze through. 12.6°C. 

Posted

Just had some small hail in one brief shower and heard a rumble of thunder too, not sure from which direction, but judging by the radar, probably to the south.

Posted

Showers on and off for most of the day today. The heaviest shower that moved through half an hour ago looks to have sparked up a bit to the East of Southampton.

image.thumb.png.ed98c755c7f7abd6caabfb5028f7116b.png

One more incoming here, then that should be it for the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Heavy shower just now, looked like some hail in the mix too.