Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

15.6C the max here today, felt very pleasant indeed in the sun, with a slight unstable look to the sky as some have mentioned. Shame it's not lasting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

What are the chances of my sons football match being called off on Sunday due to waterlogged pitch?! I’m determined to be very hungover and would prefer not to have to stand and watch a sodding football match in said state ???

Selfish Mum alert. But a mum who hasn’t had a social night out since Christmas ?

Posted

Can this be classed as the first thundery plume of the year? Very impressive sky on the Eastern edge of the heavy rain, this is producing large drops of rain.

IMG_2217.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Under heavy rain here, but nothing thundery 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Heaviest rain stayed/went to the west of us, only 1.8mm in the gauge this morning and none since.  In fact the sun's trying to make an appearance now and it feels pleasantly warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Looks like it’s a few degrees higher than the 10.7°C here further inland. Mostly cloudy so far although the suns just come out. 

Posted

Shocking result from Forest Green today, just on my way back from Barnet, want to stab myself in the eyes with a skewer :rofl:

Has EURO4 been updated? The graphics seem different 

Posted

I planted some Peas! Yay! Finally got a few areas ready for the veg. Potato patch still needs to dry out.

Feeling quite reliably mild. Will it last? Some say a cold snap towards the End of April. A repeat of the early May frost of 2017?

Posted
1 minute ago, EllyTech said:

I planted some Peas! Yay! Finally got a few areas ready for the veg. Potato patch still needs to dry out.

Feeling quite reliably mild. Will it last? Some say a cold snap towards the End of April. A repeat of the early May frost of 2017?

Talking of peas, I had Pea & Ham soup with Sourdough bread this evening, very pleasant..

Posted

After the mornings interesting sky and showers the afternoon became pleasant/bright resulting in the warmest day since 25th October, max was 15.8c .

• Like 1

Posted

Morning!! I would just like to announce that I am very drunk and had a great night out. Predictive text is my friend ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Another lovely damp rainy day, don't you just love spring time :nonono:

Posted

I am now very hungover and wish to apologise for my random post last night. Ended up in the local nightclub dancing with teenagers. 

I am told old for these shenanigans.

Posted
2 hours ago, khodds said:

I am now very hungover and wish to apologise for my random post last night. Ended up in the local nightclub dancing with teenagers. 

I am told old for these shenanigans.

Well as long as you only ended dancing with said youngsters you'll be fine . I gather the taking the son to footie didn't materialise then..So as Sunday has best part passed you can welcome Monday.. Offer you a drink?

Actually the concept of "being too old" is purely a figment of society and not the body, so if it felt good then go for it..just remember the brain will hit you the next day..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Well sometimes you have got to wonder just how things are possible. Today was really one of those days.. It has rained almost all day, and yet we have amassed as grand total of WAIT FOR IT.........1.8mm of rainfall. Considering it was rain and not drizzle, it's amazing how slow it has been to reach that heady total through the day and yet be so overcast, and wet..

Posted
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Well as long as you only ended dancing with said youngsters you'll be fine . I gather the taking the son to footie didn't materialise then..So as Sunday has best part passed you can welcome Monday.. Offer you a drink?

Actually the concept of "being too old" is purely a figment of society and not the body, so if it felt good then go for it..just remember the brain will hit you the next day..

No, I found someone to take him thankfully! I will never learn when it comes to drinking ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Well considering  I thought it was going to be a wet weekend it hasn't been too bad . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

Hey all,

Yes not too bad hwre near cirencester - yesterday looked.almost thundery, spotty rain for a few hours today .. firdt evening biking down the lanes, bring on thw warmth! :) Samos

Posted

Mornin All, the rain got it's act together a little more overnight tripling the amount for yesterday. Currently  8.8°C, oh and it's raining, mist is shrouding the top of the buildings in town as it rolls in off the channel.