Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
3 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Wow that is marginal im under 0c 850's not long then. 

I’ve gone up 0.1c in 15 mins, Per Mertasacker runs faster than that ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Temperature beginning to rise here now after going down to 4.7°C not long ago it's back up to 5.0°C now. 4.8mm of rain so far. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Looks like a very localised heatwave not far from @Mapantz :rofl:

image.thumb.png.eb7c8710e84a598c963ee1f613285e4e.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Friggin 4c and heavy rain, may as well get warm rain

Imagine this setup but with colder air, Dartmoor & Exmoor would get buried again, look at that radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Curry night at the Scott Arms?

I know where that station is. I walk past it when I head to Dancing ledge, fishing. They should invest in a better station, as it's in a perfect location for wind readings.

Posted

Looking at the radar, I can't see 20 - 30mm falling here, unless something changes.

Having looked at the Euro 4, I think the MetO have over-egged the rain totals for Dorset. Euro4 goes for around 17 - 18mm accumulating by midnight. Currently sat at 8.2mm. I've noticed the updated forecast doesn't look quite as bad.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

1.1c. Wind Chill -2.3c. Dew Point -1.1c. Apparent -2,5c, Lamp Post Watching Wet Snow and rain.

Posted
2 hours ago, Leon1 said:

Great photos Thunder! :clap:

Thanks you!

18.8mm here so far according to my station.. Although I feel that might be over-reading especially looking at nearby stations. It under-read the other day. Always struggled to get the Davis to be consistently accurate with rain, not sure what it is (even accounting for wind)

Will have to see what the manual gauge says in the morning.

Posted

9mm here(ish) 5.3c

Posted

9.1c here,was 4.6 at 18.30,been raining since just after 2pm but only 7.6mm so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Snow has just turned to sleet and it is melting. Temperature back up to 0.5c

I'm officially calling time on winter 17/18 :drinks:  Bring on the Spanish plumes :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

1.0c. precipitation 3.3mm. Oka for day 1 and still ongoing..

Posted

There's been no heavy rain here, just moderate. The heavy stuff has been much further west, no need for a warning this far east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Thunderstorms for Wednesday says the iOS weather app..

20E8D776-36C0-4EA3-86A2-D76956029913.png

Posted

Wasn't far off being full snow up Hinksey Hill/Boars Hill just south-west of Oxford about 30mins ago. Drove back that way I'd say it was about 75% snow in what was very heavy sleet and 1C-2C. Roads totally saturated with standing water. Only about a 20% snow to rain mix in Abingdon though. The Thames is already high and the fields up-stream of Oxford out towards Witney along the A40 were sodden with standing water on Saturday. I think we may well be seeing flooding issues in the coming days with this tonight and more rain forecast this week.

Just checking back the radar it does look like the heaviest precipitation coincided with whilst I was up there:

radar.gif

Edited by audiotech

Posted
51 minutes ago, audiotech said:

Wasn't far off being full snow up Hinksey Hill/Boars Hill just south-west of Oxford about 30mins ago. Drove back that way I'd say it was about 75% snow in what was very heavy sleet and 1C-2C. Roads totally saturated with standing water. Only about a 20% snow to rain mix in Abingdon though. The Thames is already high and the fields up-stream of Oxford out towards Witney along the A40 were sodden with standing water on Saturday. I think we may well be seeing flooding issues in the coming days with this tonight and more rain forecast this week.

Just checking back the radar it does look like the heaviest precipitation coincided with whilst I was up there:

radar.gif

Yeah there was a mixture of rain and sleet in aylesbury especially when it really came down this was an hour ago 

• Like 1

Posted

27mm of rain so far, which is what the warning area advertised. More to come looking at the radar.

When you get 25-30mm of rain falling on already saturated ground, that will cause problems, hence the warnings. Wife came back from work at 5am and she said roads had standing water everywhere! Kept in her words “skidding” lol. 

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
6 hours ago, audiotech said:

radar.gif

I bet it's flooded at Newbridge . 

Meanwhile 13 miles south of Oxford it's mild at 8C and the rain is persistent all right but nowhere near what I'd anticipated 

Edited by Frosty hollows

Posted

Well that was a bit of a fail in some ways. Over 25mm here, but a lot less upstream. Even the heavier stuff kept weakening for that area (seems a bit of a rain shadow from Dartmoor even though the surface flow was SE-S) The river's not that high and has already started dropping. It's cleared here but it's barely been raining since 2am anyway, not the continuous 'heavy rain' symbols until late morning.

Posted

21mm here and my station under reads, not ideal! Was a mix of snow/sleet rain last night but went to bed, so didn't see if it  turned to full on snow.

Posted

28.5mm of rain from that system, looks to have cleared off now. 

What to do today, that is the question ?