Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

I would say now is the perfect time to start sowing some tomato seeds :) I have some chillies growing at the moment I sowed them well ahead of time though as a few are super hots and need the extra time to mature kinda like me. :rofl:

Sowed my tomatoes 2 weeks ago. I can't get an Aubergine to germinate for love or money. :unknw: Toms under the only little grow light I've got. Some on Window.. Peppers are still stunted little seedlings. Leeks still only poking through.

Its the potatoes I want out. Some are in buckets but the bed I have earmarked for most of them is a bog right now. Even if you load compost on top, its soup underneath still.

Spent an hour or so today moving Brassica seedlings to the allotment. They are under cover.. I've simply no room at home for them. 

Tomorrow I'll take some of the celery and lettuce. Everything  is a month behind with me. I've got some edging to do and some patches to clear...digging mud is the worst thing I am faced with.. some grass has taken hold and it has to go.

Happy Easter to all... and I hope we can all find at least some entertainment in watching for snow Easter Monday.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, khodds said:

I normally start planting seeds in early March, didn’t grown anything last year but thinking I will this year. Am I too late to start tomatoes off this year?

No, they will catch up. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

My daffs have only just started to flower. Hydrangea is now developing leaves. And the Camellia is on it's second flowering of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Thanks all! I’ll probably get planting soon ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Toasty. Still too early to get the shorts out yet..

ukmaxtemp.png

ukmaxtemp (1).png

Posted

A lovely Sunny start to this morning. Clouded over now. 

Tulip buds have formed and look ready to open any day now.

Dreading the potential rainfall totals tomorrow. 

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

Temp 6C  Humidity 70%  Dewpoint 1C   Pressure 1013.1

Posted
4 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

A lovely Sunny start to this morning. Clouded over now. 

Tulip buds have formed and look ready to open any day now.

Dreading the potential rainfall totals tomorrow. 

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

Temp 6C  Humidity 70%  Dewpoint 1C   Pressure 1013.1

The sun was out hours ago, (but know it's overcast), the blossom is out on the trees, the birds are singing away, what can possibly go wrong.....:cc_confused:

Oh, and I forgot to mention the Easter wabbit dropped in, and left a flowery (well Roses) large egg for me. (How does a wabbit lay such large eggs, wonders I ??)

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
59 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

A lovely morning here. Sunny and 9.3°C

Looking forward to tonight's rain!

viewimage.thumb.png.185990175c1ea659745ca0bc11065b99.png 5ac0bb41b1b66_viewimage(1).thumb.png.46c20ad16c190b553cef1f937e095174.png

Yes could do with a bit of rain, haven’t had enough lately.  :crazy:

On a serious note. I was coming through the forest yesterday and there’s water everywhere, most I’ve seen for some time. 

Dry and cloudy here at the moment with the sun just about managing to break through. 7.5°C. 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Brightly overcast here, increase in breeze is drying the washing nicely thank you, in spite of the temperature only being just in double figures.  Lots of soggy fields in evidence on my walk this morning and no doubt the small local stream will be up and over again by morning, fortunately I don't need to go out tomorrow.

Posted

Afternoon All. Happy Easter

wx forecast -  Increasing clouds with little temperature change. 
=====================================================================
Temperature    : 8.4°C (Feels like 7.9°C)
Dewpoint       : 5.2°C
Humidity       : 80%
Pressure       : 1009.8mb and Falling Slowly over 3 hours

Now rain here yet, despite the radar suggesting we are now under the rain shadow. I don't think it will be long.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I’m not looking forward to the rain, it’s hideous! But it’s comimg. Luckily it doesn’t  look to be hanging around to long tomorrow. So an overnight event. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
21 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I’m not looking forward to the rain, it’s hideous! But it’s comimg. Luckily it doesn’t  look to be hanging around to long tomorrow. So an overnight event. 

My app says it’s going to rain until at least 5am Tuesday ?

Posted

Another tray of seedlings that can't wait to see some proper daylight... off to the little plastic greenhouse. A frost is pronged late in the week, hope the little things survive, 'cos they won't survive indoors and can't be planted. I hope there's a prolonged settled spell in the offing, this land needs to dry out! 

Posted

Years ago I fished the Thames at Benson,surreal day,monster windstorm,i was facing it and watched as tree after tree on the far bank toppled into the river,but I still caught some fish,long journey so had to keep going lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still dry here but looking at the radar it won’t be for much longer. Feels cooler now than earlier. 6.6°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

According to the netweather radar app we should be being rained on at the moment but its dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Place your bets then, I’m going for 27mm in near my back yard. There’s a friendly weather station just down the road from me as my rain gauge is broked! So I’ll be watching his. ?

Posted

Well I forgot to post but I didn't expect to see this on a local hill on Friday! (This is East Hill at about 240m asl, the long hill in the last pic)
5ac0e0712d195_Easthill2.thumb.jpg.3da61222decb3bd24d7dd3b11c31f285.jpg5ac0e1fb47919_easthill4.thumb.jpg.41a6ba3395a10d6683009e267242eea8.jpg5ac0e1f32a2be_EastHill6.thumb.jpg.e7e953383e0f50d7e41d2a7079e90358.jpg5ac0e20266af9_Easthillview.thumb.jpg.4077b6e469e9d39b2edaba1a28fff6d3.jpg

2-3 inches on the grass/surfaces in open areas..  A few miles from there at about 160m there was almost nothing, though 0.5 miles from home at 100m there was about 1cm on the grass etc. It turned to sleety wet snow at home for a while (25m).

As for today, light rain arrived by 4pm, and has turned persistently moderate-heavy. Already at 6.8mm, it will be interesting to see how much we get and the rivers will be high in the morning.. after this I'm ready for something warmer and drier though.

196mm in March.. can see how wet the field is in that picture.

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 4