Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Beach walk and fish and chip lunch planned today, so of course, it's now sleeting with big ol' flakes. :mellow:

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, happy easter to everyone hope you have all stocked up on the gin and cider. :rofl: Still raining here, just back from a walk or trying to walk got a stress fracture from running to much and pushing my body to its limits so I might miss my race day now for the bristol 10k :nonono:

15 flood warnings across the UK at the moment 5 of them in the south west with more rain to come Sunday night looking at the 00z EURO4

18040200_3100.gif

Posted

Stupid rain. Can't it just rain for one day, and then let the Sun have a turn? No gardening for what seems, ages.

giphy.gift

Feeling sort of 

giphy.gif

Posted
2 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Stupid rain. Can't it just rain for one day, and then let the Sun have a turn? No gardening for what seems, ages.

We've got tomorrow booked in as our gardening day, with Monday looking like a write off too.

Still got plants that we bought 6 weeks ago, sat waiting to go in.

• Like 1

Posted

Hmm....quick check yep it’s still raining. Gonna have a quick chat with my son Noah see if he can build me a boat...At 5.2C it’s not that warm either, wet cold rain just gotta love it..

Posted

Well checking my gardening stuff for the week ahead most ok,wetsuit and flippers are fine so too the kayak for getting to distant flower beds,divers boots for holding firm in heavy swell,left one has a leak,off to buy lots of stock,low prices of course.An Irish colleague of mine Paddy Fields has suggested I diversify into rice culture,something I shall mull over in the kayak,in the downhill white water journey to town,i nearly said have a good day but the radar suggests otherwise lol

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, jtay said:

We've got tomorrow booked in as our gardening day, with Monday looking like a write off too.

Still got plants that we bought 6 weeks ago, sat waiting to go in.

Could probably get some potting-on done. Realistically, nothing can go in - far, far, too wet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Time for BOG SNORKELING ,Rain  .temperature 4.2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Well.... it’s not raining :help:

River Stour has burst its banks as expected!

Monday looks fun.... how come the MetO warnings for rain don’t now give rough idea of how much rain is expected anymore? 

EURO4 going for an inch IMBY

63384E96-7F1F-4AFA-A2F8-B4F611F7463A.thumb.gif.f065f798ed76d40743eb2ac410d3d4cb.gif

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
43 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

.... how come the MetO warnings for rain don’t now give rough idea of how much rain is expected anymore? 

It does if you press further details. 

A01D8976-AE4B-4045-9A76-9F578CF76995.png

• Thanks 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Well.... it’s not raining :help:

River Stour has burst its banks as expected!

Monday looks fun.... how come the MetO warnings for rain don’t now give rough idea of how much rain is expected anymore? 

EURO4 going for an inch IMBY

63384E96-7F1F-4AFA-A2F8-B4F611F7463A.thumb.gif.f065f798ed76d40743eb2ac410d3d4cb.gif

We had over an inch yesterday?

Posted
2 hours ago, jy said:

Well checking my gardening stuff for the week ahead most ok,wetsuit and flippers are fine so too the kayak for getting to distant flower beds,divers boots for holding firm in heavy swell,left one has a leak,off to buy lots of stock,low prices of course.An Irish colleague of mine Paddy Fields has suggested I diversify into rice culture,something I shall mull over in the kayak,in the downhill white water journey to town,i nearly said have a good day but the radar suggests otherwise lol

Thing is it's now getting to the stage of beyond boring for anyone dependent on the seasons for their income.  Luckily I have a steady predictable income and have potential for overtime with bank hols coming up because the OH is struggling to get through his clients. Comes to something when you're looking forward to a 10 hour day uninterrupted by weather or bad light

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I normally start planting seeds in early March, didn’t grown anything last year but thinking I will this year. Am I too late to start tomatoes off this year?

Posted

Yep, it is...

I've had another check, and it has...

Thought I'd give it a couple of minutes just in case, but yes it has... it's stopped raining:clapping:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

how come the MetO warnings for rain don’t now give rough idea of how much rain is expected anymore? 

They've removed it from the MetO app which was stupid. The whole idea of the app is so that you don't have to use your browser, isn't it?! May as well discard the app if that's the case, as I want my information in one place, not several.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

19.6mm to add to the 8.1 of yesterday which takes it over the 1" in old money for the system.  A lot of surface water about between here and Dorchester this morning and the Frome on the outskirts of D was well over on to its flood plain, but our local stream is back down to normal now...until Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Cold and rubbish day again today. 4.5c 

5 months left until Autumn... Let's hope we manage to get something more spring like before then :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, khodds said:

I normally start planting seeds in early March, didn’t grown anything last year but thinking I will this year. Am I too late to start tomatoes off this year?

Loads of time. :good: or just buy a few this year. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, khodds said:

I would say now is the perfect time to start sowing some tomato seeds :) I have some chillies growing at the moment I sowed them well ahead of time though as a few are super hots and need the extra time to mature kinda like me. :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I would say now is the perfect time to start sowing some tomato seeds :) I have some chillies growing at the moment I sowed them well ahead of time though as a few are super hots and need the extra time to mature kinda like me. :rofl:

Hot stuff aye...:cc_confused::cc_confused:

Posted
52 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Hot stuff aye...:cc_confused::cc_confused:

I meant time to mature I'm deffo not a super hot that's for sure :rofl:

Chilli plants currently growing are Carolina Reaper, Chocolate Reaper, Purple Ghost, Scorpion Butch T Chocolate, Yellow 7 Pot, White Ghost, Jalapeño, Scotch bonnet, Super Chilli & NuMex Twilight. It might be said I love chillies. :D Hoping the pesky aphid's stay away this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

It is so dark under the clouds here! (very dark)

Posted
36 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

It is so dark under the clouds here! (very dark)

Meanwhile down here I can see "bluish" sky trying it's best to break through..