Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Sun felt quite nice earlier, with a fairly light breeze. It's a bit chillier now with a bit of a stronger breeze but it's much better than the rain this morning.

Posted

I'm amazed that the frog tadpoles in our pond have hatched. But the water is so cold they are hardly moving.

The smooth newts are loving all the free food!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

probably a daft question, but is T96 on UKMO a possible snow dumping for parts of the region?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
2 minutes ago, RAIN RAIN RAIN said:

A few awesome cracks of thunder, definitely not someone moving their bins! 

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#y=51.4169;x=-2.2222;z=10;t=3;m=sat;r=0;s=0;o=1;b=;n=0;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

yep got 3 strikes up on the lightning map

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, RAIN RAIN RAIN said:

A few awesome cracks of thunder, definitely not someone moving their bins! 

And you are where in Wiltshire?

Posted
10 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Interesting NW shows the intensity but not the lightning strikes..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Missed all the showers here with a dry and sunny end to the afternoon. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

@jy just saw your Red Kite over the fields on the way to Downton. It might be worth stopping off on your way back from the Yew Tree, if you're down this way.

Posted
41 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Missed all the showers here with a dry and sunny end to the afternoon. 

Like you Matt nowt down here this afternoon..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Not Red Kites but I snapped some Goldfinches in the garden just a minute ago...

Posted

We have had 12 Saturdays this year, 9 of which have been either very wet or unsettled. The local football leagues have had postponements left right and centre!

Now it's the Easter weekend with lots of matches on Good Friday and Easter Monday both of those days look very wet while Saturday should be dry!!!

Posted

Hm interesting some showers pushing into the south with sleet and even snow but that should quickly turn to rain showers as the powerful sun gets to work. Rest of the day a band of heavy rain pushes into much of southern England and Wales during mid morning into the early afternoon followed on by sunny spells but also numerous heavy downpours with hail and thunder possible too some of these could merge to give longer periods of rain I expect rainfall totals to be in the region of 4 to 8mm locally 10 to 12mm and  top temps 6 to 9 Celsius. I expect flooding to become an issue for parts of the south by the end of the week..This is my own forecast hope it's correct haha ? 

Edited by jordan smith
Added something

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
13 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

We have had 12 Saturdays this year, 9 of which have been either very wet or unsettled. The local football leagues have had postponements left right and centre!

Now it's the Easter weekend with lots of matches on Good Friday and Easter Monday both of those days look very wet while Saturday should be dry!!!

Might be alright until later in the day on Sunday Andy. 

Posted

Morning All, currently 6.9C after an overnight low of 1.4C, and some heavy rainfall around earlier this AM, now eased after some heavy bursts around 9:30-10:00. More rain inbound arriving soon. Some of the cells off the Brest peninsula are already showing lightning markers...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Morning All, currently 6.9C after an overnight low of 1.4C, and some heavy rainfall around earlier this AM, now eased after some heavy bursts around 9:30-10:00. More rain inbound arriving soon. Some of the cells off the Brest peninsula are already showing lightning markers...

Oh I'd love some lightning today.

Posted

Mon_12z_snow.png.decacef74d1a20621a55a4d0bc7ebe19.pngTook this from the MAD thread. Everyone loves a good old M4 event. *sigh* I'm only 7.5 miles from the blue :(

Posted

image.thumb.png.5d0413525c772aeb57f48f80d33a5e22.png

Here we go again! I'm getting flashbacks to December 10th last year of actually being able to see everything white just 1 mile from my window yet it didn't settle where I was.:wallbash::(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm enjoying today's heavy bursts of rain. Hopefully more to come later!

7.6mm today. March at 118.6mm. 6.6°