Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

I've noticed that the few coldies still hanging on are becoming rather petty towards fellow members that post some charts showing milder air for parts of  the UK. It really is pathetic! I can't wait for them to all sod off when temperatures do show signs of increasing properly.

I see it from both sides in mod thread to be honest... coldies hanging on to cold and mild ranmpers claiming victory over every single mild run that pops up.

At the moment it is the cold air that is showing more than mild so do you blame them?

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
2 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I see it from both sides in mod thread to be honest... coldies hanging on to cold and mild ranmpers claiming victory over every single mild run that pops up.

At the moment it is the cold air that is showing more than mild so do you blame them?

I don't mind them showing off when its warm AND DRY but not when its just warm and wet, so when some very sunny looking warm charts pop up, I'll be very happy, but at the moment I don't mind what happens.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
16 minutes ago, Nights King said:

It's not about that. It's the constant digs and sarcastic comments towards ANYONE who dares to show a mild chart. It's a childish and pathetic attempt at gaining a reaction, such as a like or a 'haha'

And as for cold air showing more than mild, I disagree with that. We've been under circa 0C 850's today, and managed almost 14C at surface level. 8 - 10C is showing for much of the South for the next 6 days, I certainly don't see that as cold.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

I don't mind them showing off when its warm AND DRY but not when its just warm and wet

It is the model thread... if it is showing warm & wet, why should someone be vindicated for showing charts that point to that scenario? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It is the model thread... if it is showing warm & wet, why should someone be vindicated for showing charts that point to that scenario? 

I'm not against them posting it, I'm not telling them not to post charts with rain because we are in Britain. I am just telling the regional thread that I don't like warm and rain, just sun... sorry:)

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It's not about that. It's the constant digs and sarcastic comments towards ANYONE who dares to show a mild chart. It's a childish and pathetic attempt at gaining a reaction, such as a like or a 'haha'

And as for cold air showing more than mild, I disagree with that. We've been under circa 0C 850's today, and managed almost 14C at surface level. 8 - 10C is showing for much of the South for the next 6 days, I certainly don't see that as cold.

With a chance of sleet and snow also at times so more on the cold side although admittedly not on the south coast. 

Im still half looking at the morning to see if I can see a half attempt at a snow event although models have leaned more to sleet and rain now.

I agree about the snipes but I tend to just read past them and ignore.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

I'm not against them posting it

24 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

I don't mind them showing off when its warm AND DRY but not when its just warm and wet

Contradiction?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Contradiction?

Not against them as in I don't make remarks to them about it like some others in that thread...

Edited by Leon1

Posted

I look forward to warm dry sunny weather I just hate 10 - 15c and heavy rain utterly pointless meh until then im more than happyy with frost and cold chances

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, Nights King said:

I look forward to warm dry sunny weather I just hate 10 - 15c and heavy rain utterly pointless meh until then im more than happyy with frost and cold chances

That's exactly what I am trying to say: you couldn't have said it better.:):)

• Like 1

Posted

Personally, I'm just looking for useable gardening days - coinciding with when I'm free! I'll do 8C if its dry and be very glad of that. 15C and rain, well, who can use that? My ground is still absolutely sodden wet. I want my potatoes in, you cannot plant potatoes in mud with the prospect of that mud rotting them. 

Weather is never perfect I know. 

Models are just a hapless chancers game at this time. Experienced forecasters will use the 72 hour advance rule - and nothing after that is ever certain. ... but these models are supposed to be the bees knees at guidance and, in this day and age, they cannot resolve Springtime weather patterns.... ?

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Back to this point mapantz I just dont see a mild outlook?

This is the met office text update -

Outlook for the UK over the next 6-30 days

UK Outlook for Sunday 1 Apr 2018 to Tuesday 10 Apr 2018:

Easter Sunday should be rather cool or cold with a band of cloud and light rain and hill snow across central and eastern areas. It'll turn cloudier in the south later with some rain potentially affecting the far southwest by end of the day. A drier day for Scotland. Overnight frost and icy likely. As we head into mid-week it remains cold with a risk of snow for all areas, although this is most likely over northern high ground. The driest and sunniest periods are expected in the northwest with unsettled weather persisting for central and southern parts of the UK. Again, windy at times with overnight frosts likely. Towards the second week of April more settled conditions may become more dominant with overnight frosts and patchy fog. Staying cool.

It will probably end up mainly wet and cold but certainly more chance of snow than any warm spring conditions. :good:

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

A soggy good morning all. Hopefully this rain will clear up somewhen today. No sleet/snow here, looks from the radar that's mostly over Wales and North of Oxford.  Maybe some over the Moors.

Just had a quick flick through the models and there is still no agreement on the track of low pressure over the weekend and as a consequence, what temperatures/weather type we will get. Maybe the 12z runs will finally agree but for now I'll stick with the analysis i did yesterday I think!

Posted

Some of the rain has looked a bit 'blobby' during the heaviest bursts in the last hour, so an element of evaporative cooling, but it's 4.2c so nowhere near cold enough to sustain once intensity eases.

Thinking of taking my boy on a boat trip across the lawn later!!

Posted
33 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Some of the rain has looked a bit 'blobby' during the heaviest bursts in the last hour, so an element of evaporative cooling, but it's 4.2c so nowhere near cold enough to sustain once intensity eases.

Thinking of taking my boy on a boat trip across the lawn later!!

Yes, I have noticed the occasional blobs mixing every now and then.

Posted

5.6°C and rising now it is getting brighter. 8.8mm of rain so far. 111mm for the month. It looks likely  that March will be the wettest month since owning this station.

I was looking back at the precip-type charts that were posted a couple of days ago.. every single one of them failed.

• Like 1

Posted

Some sleet in Corfe Mullen, Wimborne earlier and my brother texted me to say he had some sleet and snow near him earlier in Gillingham, Dorset.

Paul.

Posted

I have a game: Bet on what you think will happen next week. It'll probably just be something nobody thought of like football sized hail or something.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Mostly cloudy this afternoon so far after a wet morning. 8.8mm from the rain earlier. Not very pleasant out there at the moment even when the sun is out. 7.2°C. 

Posted

Very heavy *almost* April showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

No showers here so far this afternoon although the clouds have that look to them.