Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Highly doubting this cold spell will come back on the cards so I'm now waiting for it to change back (hopefully) over the next couple of days. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
36 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Highly doubting this cold spell will come back on the cards so I'm now waiting for it to change back (hopefully) over the next couple of days. 

I reckon there’s more chance of Arsenal finishing in the top 4 this year. Which is pretty unlikely lol ?‍♂️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I reckon there’s more chance of Arsenal finishing in the top 4 this year. Which is pretty unlikely lol ?‍♂️

Indeed, karlos. By the same reasoning, Spurs are nailed-on for the Title!:santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

It’s been pleasant since the sun came out about an hour ago. Reached 13.3°C. 

I’m hoping my weather stations sorted now and showing the right wind direction. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Loving the longer days already!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Loving the longer days already!

It was still light this time yesterday. :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Made 12.6°C here today. Pretty nice! Plenty of work to be done in and around the pond.

According to the BBC graphics, we shall be enjoying some snow in Dorset & Hampshire on Friday, with temps of 9 - 11C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
Just now, Dorsetbred said:

Ok so now it's gone dark..

still light here

Posted
23 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Made 12.6°C here today. Pretty nice! Plenty of work to be done in and around the pond.

According to the BBC graphics, we shall be enjoying some snow in Dorset & Hampshire on Friday, with temps of 9 - 11C.

Mapantz did you miss a sign out in your mail? 

"with temps of -9 -11C".!

OR

Are having a new form of warm snow? Matt will like that (sorry Matt)

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
44 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I think those graphics are meaning hail in heavy showers, if you're referring to the Countryfile forecast he did mention hail.

We do have the chance for some convective weather this week if the lows are slack enough, but it could also go the boring way of more general cloud/rain.

Posted
4 hours ago, Mapantz said:

It's so rubbish I only look for entertainment purposes!

Posted

Morning! Got down to 1.0c overnight, now at 2.8c on what should a beaut of a day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, had a lovely spring day here yesterday, perfect for walking the dogs. This morning it's bright and sunny after an overnight frost, looking like a lovely day to come :-)

Posted

Reports suggest Red Kites only found in the Chilterns in Southern England,so a day out to see these birds is in order.

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, jy said:

Reports suggest Red Kites only found in the Chilterns in Southern England,so a day out to see these birds is in order.

Hello jy. There is one round here. We see it once, or twice a week.

Here it is, over the garden in February. Sometimes there's a pair of them, so hopefully they'll get established.

image.thumb.png.e7bdf1ec63e1708f2a47bae2671460fa.png

If you head up the A34, you'll see them around Newbury. There are loads up by the office, near Stokenchurch. They buzz the windows, which is impressive to see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
13 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

I think those graphics are meaning hail in heavy showers, if you're referring to the Countryfile forecast he did mention hail.

We do have the chance for some convective weather this week if the lows are slack enough, but it could also go the boring way of more general cloud/rain.

I saw that too. Really rubbish graphics then - totally indistinguishable from snow showers. And don't get me started on cloud vs sunny. After the previous change (tilted UK so Scotland looked tiny) they responded pretty quickly and made the angle less severe. Any chance they might respond to this?

Posted
24 minutes ago, jtay said:

Hello jy. There is one round here. We see it once, or twice a week.

Here it is, over the garden in February. Sometimes there's a pair of them, so hopefully they'll get established.

image.thumb.png.e7bdf1ec63e1708f2a47bae2671460fa.png

If you head up the A34, you'll see them around Newbury. There are loads up by the office, near Stokenchurch. They buzz the windows, which is impressive to see.

Watched one over the allotments in Warminster yesterday around lunchtime. The A36 valley is a bit of a hot spot for them too,

Posted

Cold spell now diminishing quickly, I'll wait until tomorrow evening to change my mind to wanting warmth.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Cold spell now diminishing quickly, I'll wait until tomorrow evening to change my mind to wanting warmth.

Having spent 4 hours in the allotment/garden yesterday, just a week on from 6 inches of snow on the ground, I'm completely into spring mode now (plus a cricket meeting tonight too!). No-one loves snow more than me, and I was surprised by how cold and snowy both March spells were for us, with the lead up to and then thurs and fri of Beast One among the best ever snow memories I've got. That said, the sun is shining, the clocks have changed and roll on evening walks, and sitting on my garden wall as the sun goes down.

• Like 6

Posted
19 minutes ago, warmintim said:

Having spent 4 hours in the allotment/garden yesterday, just a week on from 6 inches of snow on the ground, I'm completely into spring mode now (plus a cricket meeting tonight too!). No-one loves snow more than me, and I was surprised by how cold and snowy both March spells were for us, with the lead up to and then thurs and fri of Beast One among the best ever snow memories I've got. That said, the sun is shining, the clocks have changed and roll on evening walks, and sitting on my garden wall as the sun goes down.

Yep 100%

spring mode initiated for me, I’m even eyeing up my BBQ :spiteful:

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Yep 100%

spring mode initiated for me, I’m even eyeing up my BBQ :spiteful:

Steady - lets not get carried away! My father refers to 'Warminster Dress', which is wearing shorts, usually with jumpers and hats, at all times of the year. I nearly reached for the shorts yesterday!

Posted
23 minutes ago, warmintim said:

Steady - lets not get carried away! My father refers to 'Warminster Dress', which is wearing shorts, usually with jumpers and hats, at all times of the year. I nearly reached for the shorts yesterday!

I’m having serious BBQ withdrawals, carried away is exactly what I intend to do! Its like spring proper out there today!

I was in a great mood Until I walked into the office this morning to find a pipe has burst and now there’s an inch of water everywhere, only had carpets laid 3 months ago, some equipment and interior damage ? :wallbash: 

happy bloody Monday ?