Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

Where there does seem to some agreement currently is that come Good Friday, we could well be under the influence of a low-pressure system out to the west or south west of us, with a resulting breeze coming roughly from a southerly direction:

gfs-0-180.png?12 icon-0-180.png gem-0-180.png

Posted

As Dulux colours go... it would be the 'white' overdue-for-painting, ceiling of a heavy smoker. 

Bla, and a bit too breezy. Top temp today, 8C.

Currently

Temp 7C  Humidity 70%  Dewpoint 2C   Pressure 1014.3

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
6 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I thought they were cheaper than that. Mine was anyway. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
5 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I thought they were cheaper than that. Mine was anyway. 

Ignore that. Just noticed that’s with the ip logger which would be why. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
13 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I wouldn't bother with the IP data logger, just get the USB one. £454.95 all in. In fact, a guy named belfryboy on a few weather forums has made a successful Davis USB data logger clone, he sells it for £50. He's sold a lot and feedback has been excellent. So you could get the Vue + belfryboy data logger for £370

• Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I wouldn't bother with the IP data logger, just get the USB one. £454.95 all in. In fact, a guy named belfryboy on a few weather forums has made a successful Davis USB data logger clone, he sells it for £50. He's sold a lot and feedback has been excellent. So you could get the Vue + belfryboy data logger for £370

So this, plus Del Boys logger. Cushty

https://www.mendipweather.co.uk/spares-and-accessories/davis-weather-station-spare-parts/vantage-vue/davis-vantage-vue-wireless-weather-station

shere do I find this Del Boy chap 

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Find the nearest pub with a Reliant parked outside and just look for the toff..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

He's in the UK, which is good.

http://belfryboyweatherbits.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-belfryboy-clone-usb-logger.html

You can send an email with an enquiry. He has posted on the Cumulus forum before, and many people have bought one from him. Davis overcharge massively for data loggers - I got lucky with my one on eBay for £80. They're £130 new for Davis USB, and £270 for the IP logger - that's outrageous!

• Like 1

Posted

Battleground on the ECM!!

651504D6-C6F8-42B7-84EA-388D9E0D9447.thumb.png.08142369f99db8d8238f6cf750315014.png449D9346-3218-483D-90F2-9C2020C377C5.thumb.png.5ca493339cda25135875ac84d642f1bb.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

I am back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Don't think the far south will be in the game on  this one, not with the charts I've seen posted in the mod thread, plus that lp shape is too rounded so it'll just pull up warmer uppers from the south. Happy to be proved wrong though. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Don't think the far south will be in the game on  this one, not with the charts I've seen posted in the mod thread, plus that lp shape is too rounded so it'll just pull up warmer uppers from the south. Happy to be proved wrong though. 

Yup, sums up the MetO thoughts. Snow possible especially further north and on hills. Could change though and wouldn’t be surprised if that low were disrupt more and become more elongated! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
20 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Yup, sums up the MetO thoughts. Snow possible especially further north and on hills. Could change though and wouldn’t be surprised if that low were disrupt more and become more elongated! 

Agreed, not for us this time imo and strangely I wouldn't be disappointed which shows how good it's been this year. G&T's in the garden is what I'm craving ?

Edited by That ECM
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
45 minutes ago, Smartie said:

I have a feeling this will go north and leave us with cold and wet too.  Hopefully it improves but hmm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
2 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

I'm homing in being 40 next year already started dropping heavy hints on this....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

I am not sure where this is going right now. The latest snow depth chart from the ECM for Good Friday suggests some fairly significant snowfall, in the North of our region and over high ground further south.

image.thumb.png.947bf6b02d1a8799da1172642b5631c1.png

Still a long way to go before the run-up to Easter and Easter itself is pinned down.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

The Easter period is looking interesting to me.  The 12z ECM shows a very cold outbreak similar to the last two events, even verging towards a northerly at the end of the run, very cold even for the SW.  So that's one end of the range of possibilities.  Other models confine the cold much further north.  

So the range of weather types that might affect us is large, cold rain (get that out of the way first), slight snow showers, prolonged snow, marginal snow with evaporative cooling leading to heavy snow in more intense precipitation, and dumpings like the last two times,  

With people far above my pay grade pointing to key differences wrt the ECM compared to the other models at just T96, and the ECM is not often wrong at that timeframe, it could only be 24 hours before we can start to firm up on the Easter prospects.

• Like 3

Posted

ECM still looking at odds with its members. Cold outlier for the timeframe of interest.

B63117F8-B359-4461-9C0D-97221230F150.thumb.png.5476a8720baec9be5875c7e0be3d0b3e.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

A good summary of the theme? This looks not unlike the extended from meto 

IMG_0766.PNG

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, so the here and now picture! After overnight rain, a damp start yet mild, currently 10.8C, with that start I wonder just how high we can reach today..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Morning all, so I take it next week looks marginal at present for us southern softies at the moment? I’ve got rid of my MAD thread tab and can’t be bothered to bring another one back up this late in the season ?

Posted
25 minutes ago, khodds said:

Morning all, so I take it next week looks marginal at present for us southern softies at the moment? I’ve got rid of my MAD thread tab and can’t be bothered to bring another one back up this late in the season ?

More runs needed, way to early to write anything off! :santa-emoji: 

• Like 1