Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Slushy mess in the garden but who cares! Me and T'Kids are just having snack time then going to try and redeem some of it to make some kinda snowman! Picture to come ..

Posted

I know I'm late I'm also very new to this forum but here are some pics in Aylesbury buckinghshire IMG_20180318_093905475.thumb.jpg.ca8ab717b6b25eef92223d8c491bc76d.jpgyesterday of the snow my birthday was also yesterday:yahoo:

IMG_20180318_160716074.jpg

IMG_20180318_153456912.jpg

IMG_20180318_094413885_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

Hopefully a satellite got a nice image of the south of the UK covered in snow :) If someone finds one please do share  

You people just cannot keep me away  :)  I cannot access Knocker's site which seems to have the most impressive images. The first two images are from the pay to view site where (I do not subscribe to) I have special permission to copy images but I cannot disclose the source. The next one (3rd image) is from the free-to-view Meteo Group site:  http://meteoradar.co.uk/BewolkingDagZonderFilter  The bottom three are from Meteoceil which we all have access to and I know that you (Karlos) and others use regularly. I've been showing their EuroSat and Infra Red images (and their radar charts) in many of my posts on here. I just fiddled around there and used their tools to focus on the UK and filter, animate etc. For those that have not used the Meteoceil site - they have an enormous amount of data on there apart from the standard model output. One can spend many hours on there if you have the time. Here's the link directly to their satelitte page:   http://www.meteociel.fr/observations-meteo/satellite.php?mode=image-visible-europe

seviri_nat_snow_20180319_1445.jpg   viirs_nat_trucolor-raw_20180319_1257.jpg          ?time=201803191455&type=bewolkingdagmetf

anim_vis_uk.gif   latest-vis.jpg   terrauk.jpg

The fourth "live" image will look great in an hour or so, when the remaining high cloud clears southwards. I'm sorry that I cannot get a good close up of the snow. Knocker or someone else should be able to do that for you Karlos.  :)  David

EDIT: Two more that I snipped and edited for a close up UK view:

sat1.thumb.PNG.e8c667503dd8bbeaf98f2d4d97974b38.PNG         sat2.thumb.PNG.556c5ee887f8cea04ba60464b8014d90.PNG

Edited by Guest
Correct typos and check charts + add to more charts

Posted
18 minutes ago, noonoo418 said:

You must have been very unlucky in March 13 then, up in Dursley we had good snow that month, if memory serves, snow was on the ground for best part of a week.

Yes i think the very southern part of SGlos and Bristol were literally just out of snowzone.

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Bring Back1962-63 said:

EDIT: Two more that I snipped and edited for a close up UK view:

sat1.thumb.PNG.e8c667503dd8bbeaf98f2d4d97974b38.PNG         sat2.thumb.PNG.556c5ee887f8cea04ba60464b8014d90.PNG

A couple of rather splendid South of the M4 images there!! ??

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, EllyTech said:

Snow has gone. :sorry:

Temp 3C  Humidity 55%  Dewpoint -4C

What? All of it? Isn't there any left in shady spots?  ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Lovely day out. So warm in the sun most the snow is gone here but still looks thick on the tops of the moor. Road closed signs still adorn the road to Princetown. Whisper it but I kind of want some warmer weather so I can go out biking with the little one. Up to 5c.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, festivalking said:

Image may contain: snow, sky, car, outdoor and nature

Latest on the road to princetown not much of a thaw just yet!!!

Great shot, they've barely crossed the cattle grids onto the Moor and got stuck, LOL a bit unlucky really. I wonder if that's Malcolm Waite driving the digger!

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, noggin said:

What? All of it? Isn't there any left in shady spots?  ?

Teeny Weeny patches in gardens.  

Posted
5 minutes ago, Peter A said:

Great shot, they've barely crossed the cattle grids onto the Moor and got stuck, LOL a bit unlucky really. I wonder if that's Malcolm Waite driving the digger!

Two words that should not go together for a car journey: Moor, Snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Did Arsene II ever get built? @karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Did Arsene II ever get built? @karlos1983

Yes, but he was in goal and it didn’t end well or last long lol then he became a drift last night ?

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

Thank you David @Bring Back1962-63 That’ll do nicely! Avatar changed :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Yes, but he was in goal and it didn’t end well or last long lol then he became a drift last night ?

Arsene III at Easter? :pardon:

Posted
2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Arsene III at Easter? :pardon:

?‍♂️ Jury's out on that one!! 

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Glad you posted some jeth, my camera is playing up my phone keeps switching off when i try to open it :angry:

Plenty of drifts in lanes and it is bizare how you have patchy green fields in places and then monster drifts in lanes. 

We still got another couple of weeks until our April cut off jeth :D

Edited by Nights King
long quote

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
2 minutes ago, jethro said:

Afternoon all, what a lovely day it's turned into with the snow looking fantastic in the sunshine. It's thawing quite rapidly here but reckon it will be a while before it's all gone. I've been out for a pootle about, went up onto the Mendip plateau for a look, most of the main roads have been ploughed now but the lanes are mostly a no go area unless you have a 4x4 or a tractor, even the main roads are in parts single lane with the snow still drifting. Took some pics, mostly in and around Priddy, the last two are the Priddy to Charterhouse road, the farmer in Priddy Hill Farm has cleared down to the main road to Cheddar but has admitted defeat clearing through to Charterhouse; can't say I blame him, I clambered to the top of the cleared pile to see how bad the blockage was - currently beyond hope was my conclusion. The road is entirely full with snow, I'm 5ft 7'' and it was deeper than I am tall. Oh and the big icicles are hanging from my bedroom window,  26'' long!

DSC01958.JPG

DSC01968.JPG

DSC01971.JPG

DSC01980.JPG

DSC01988.JPG

DSC01991.JPG

DSC01999.JPG

DSC02009.JPG

DSC02008.JPG

DSC02010.JPG

That looks amazing.. You guys have some beautiful landscapes and even more so in the snow.

My granddad is from Somerset, but he died young so I've never met him.. Maybe one day I'll come and visit to experience the lifestyle for a bit..:smile:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Only patches left.. never seen so many icicles. So things going back to normal, higher temperatures tomorrow, should complete

the thaw

Posted

Talking of spring, I saw someone cutting their grass this afternoon. Most of the grass still had plenty of snow on it at the time.  :cold:

Most of the snow has gone from the grass now but still quite a few big patches left. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
5 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Glad you posted some, my camera is playing up my phone keeps switching off when i try to open it :angry:

Plenty of drifts in lanes and it is bizare how you have patchy green fields in places and then monster drifts in lanes. 

We still got another couple of weeks until our April cut off jeth :D

I treated myself to a new camera, it's lovely to use. Had a choice between fancy, expensive phone (which I manage to break really quickly) or a decent camera and cheap phone, took the latter option. If you get the chance head up to Priddy/Charterhouse, it's stunning up there.

Two week cut off.....with the way things have gone and the way things are looking, reckon it might be a bit longer this year. Oh dear, what a pity, never mind ;-)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
8 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

That looks amazing.. You guys have some beautiful landscapes and even more so in the snow.

My granddad is from Somerset, but he died young so I've never met him.. Maybe one day I'll come and visit to experience the lifestyle for a bit..:smile:

It is beautiful around here, you should come and explore the area, towns, cities and countryside is all lovely. What part of Somerset is your granddad from?

• Thanks 1