Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

There’s a well known expression to describe unpredictability in a person or thing.

it needs rewriting to “as mad as a March’s snowfall” 

lets leave the hares out of it. 

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
4 minutes ago, kumquat said:

Still hammering down here. Amazing!!

Yep sane here, took an age for the heavy precipitation to arrive but it's been here for the last hour or so and still going with bright yellow echoes on the radar still to hit here. Any tyre tracks on the road are soon disappearing on the road outside

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

As other fellow Bristolians have already said, this snow is insane! Heaviest snow of the winter by far.

Beast has come back and said sorry I missed Devon and Cornwall last time, and she wants to go out in style. Like a good firework display, leave the best one till last. What an amazing performance from the beast!!!  Sorry Im rambling now lol. As said before a truelly  lifetime memorable event.

Edited by Bazray
  • Like 3

Posted

Still under decent snow and I can see there has been a nice top up. I will check the depths in the morning but I think it's reached Beast 1 levels in my garden. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
1 minute ago, Bazray said:

Beast has come back and said sorry I missed Devon and Cornwall last time, and she wants to go out in style. Like a good firework display, leave the best one till last. What an amazing performance from the beast!!!  Sorry Im rambling now lol. 

From an IMBY snow perspective, I'd say this winter officially beats 2010.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

From an IMBY snow perspective, I'd say this winter officially beats 2010.

Kinda agree, only downer i can put on this one, is tempratures rise after the snow and it goes away quick, if my memory of 2010 is right, it snowed and stayed cold a bit after, so the snow hung around for a bit.  Thats all thats missing for me to call this  one better imo.

Edited by Bazray
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Definitely more snow in Bristol tonight compared to last night, really heavy now.

• Like 5

Posted

Looks like that's it for us. What a memorable few days/weeks! Just shows anything could happen. Enjoy all!

I'm sure i read in the MAD tread back in December that there are better odds for a white easter in the uk then a white Christmas....just putting it out there :cold-emoji:

Personally I'm now wanting a convective but warm end to spring and a scorcher of a summer with plenty of plumes!

• Like 6

Posted

So cool zooming out this radar to see the main snow action is all in the far South and south west, just a little bit on far west coast of Wales and up in NI. 

• Like 3

Posted

Oh and it's really belting it down now, I soo need to sleep, especially after last night's snow watch but I'm glued to the window! 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Devon and Cornwall now the sweet spot for remaining snow, how often can you say that, perhaps once in a lifetime. 

After being in the absolute middle of a red warning just a few weeks ago, wish the best for everyone, its a brilliant feeling when the stars align. Good luck to everyone im the south, enjoy the show / snow

Edited by Bazray
  • Like 5

Posted

Been busy all evening and have just looked out of the window.......what a brilliant top-up and it's still coming down! ?

Have we done better than the SouthEast, does anyone know?  Not that I'd feel smug or anything..........?

• Like 1

Posted

Right that's me done, can't stay awake any longer lol. Good luck to those further sw in Devon & Cornwall, think you've got plenty more to come yet. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Beautiful, a full on blizzard out  there now, Large snow flakes blowing in a stiff wind. Certainly going to enjoy my ride into work tomorrow morning. Night all ? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, TQWX said:

I thought coldies were crazy people

Wouldn't be surprised if you've been following this thread. :rofl:

Posted
7 minutes ago, TQWX said:

Large steps leading up to front door almost gone now! Its been snowing for 15.5 hours non stop. I don't know if I will get to see this ever again in my lifetime here in Torquay. I actually feel quite emotional and very privileged. And to think I thought coldies were crazy people!:pardon:

steps.JPG

We are :crazy:

once in a lifetime / generation snow it seems you have had and ongoing.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

snow finally stopped here....a very nice top up, roughly an additional 5cm to replace earlier thaw (with a bit extra on top of the original snowfall amount yesterday)....snow day today now in a few hours, kids off school, me off work, so it's snowball fights and snowman building

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Popping my head in here to say how impressive the radar looked for the south west last night. I imagine some areas especially round the coast have had there heaviest snow in decades. Not jealous since we see snow every year at least once, but for the snow-starved this must be special.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Well that was a great snow last night. Everything still covered here however the road seems to be wet now.. not sure if it melted or was somehow cleared too good.

Posted
3 hours ago, TQWX said:

Large steps leading up to front door almost gone now! Its been snowing for 15.5 hours non stop. I don't know if I will get to see this ever again in my lifetime here in Torquay. I actually feel quite emotional and very privileged. And to think I thought coldies were crazy people!:pardon:

steps.JPG

Really glad you did so well on the coast. I'm on Dartmoor, so always in with a shout if snow is heading our way but Torquay is the land of the palm trees for goodness sake. Happy Snow Day ?❄?❄?❄

• Thanks 1

Posted

Well the security light shows me it's still snowing moderately well, so that's roughly 20hrs of snow, some light, some heavy. What it's also showing me is the colour of the gravel on the driveway ?? . 2 weeks ago the snow was dry and didn't settle well because of the wind, this time perhaps it's too wet. I'll investigate later but I'm not complaining, it's been fantastic.

I know the kids school buses aren't running and hubby can work from home. I've got the obligatory bread and milk so we're all set. Don't you just love spring? ?❄?❄?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I did get some more snow ? in the end, around another 5cm possibly more 

DSC_0206.JPG

DSC_0204.JPG

DSC_0205.JPG

• Like 1