Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and stormy, cold and icy!
3 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Hahaha! I'm just up the road from you. I'll be on my way down on the number 3 .. If its still running!  I'm at Harestock far end not far from little tescos. Oh lordie battery hill is a nightmare at the best of times LOL!! I remember fun at the top of stanmore lane by the lights when I was younger! Stalling cars when the lights went red trying to get out of Stanmore lane. Brilliant!

Ha ha I know the area! Will be moving to Eastleigh soon...I’m not far from the Fulflood pub. I’m lucky my car has been in an MOT so will be training it to work tomorrow and won’t need to worry like some as quite hilly in my locality too. I see you have been missing out on the snow! Knowing what the bus drivers are like round here they probably will still be running if you still need a snow fix! ? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

haven't seen snow this heavy in a long time!

• Like 1

Posted

Moderate snow now with lots of big flakes and they are really dry flakes too. It's sooo amazing when you shine a light on them they really sparkle. Had about 1cm top up so far

Very glad I'm not working tomorrow so I can stay up and watch it:yahoo:

Edited by bellanite
Can't spell!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
8 minutes ago, ThundersnowDays said:

Heavy snow. Roads covered. 

Did you not have a snow day on the 2nd Feb 2015 then? I remember we had about 3 or 4 inches here that day. (referring to your signature)

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
Just now, bellanite said:

Moderater snow now with lots of big flakes and they are really dry flakes too. It's sooo amazing when you shine a light on them they really sparkle. Had about 1cm top up so far

Have the moderators got their snow machines out? I thought they were quiet! :yahoo:(Sorry couldn’t resist!)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
11 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Surely we can't miss out, seems we are in the sweet spot 

Scrap that, we do indeed seem to missing out on the heavy stuff. For sum reason it dies out before getting here then peps up again to the west of us 

Couldn't make it up could you, weather gods don't like Weston tonight although there is a large area of heavy precipitation directly easy of us, if that holds together then it can't miss.... Unless of breaks up and reforms as it goes past lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer
6 minutes ago, Bazray said:

Here you go...

image.png

Awesome, a thing of beauty. Thanks mate..... looks like I’m gonna be up for a while now ?

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Blobs appearing to back build a bit in the past few frames over W/Nw Sussex. Could give some a bit more time under the precip :)

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mr Bartlettazores said:
5 minutes ago, bellanite said:

Moderater snow now with lots of big flakes and they are really dry flakes too. It's sooo amazing when you shine a light on them they really sparkle. Had about 1cm top up so far

Have the moderators got their snow machines out? I thought they were quiet! :yahoo:(Sorry couldn’t resist!)

Bloody predictive text :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 minute ago, Man With Beard said:

Back to light snow again in Portsmouth. Maybe I was too quick to criticize the Met Office app. Forgive me Knocker :)

Been going nearly 4 hours so far.

I’ve had over an inch here already. I’m not looking out at measurements now as I want to surprise myself lol. But I can see the lamppost and all is good here!! Still coming down nicely, albeit not as heavy as earlier but that was insane!

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Argyle1980 said:

Awesome, a thing of beauty. Thanks mate..... looks like I’m gonna be up for a while now ?

Its all heading your way ;)

Edited by Bazray
Im staying up till the cider runs out or it stops snowing
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
9 minutes ago, Mr Bartlettazores said:

Ha ha I know the area! Will be moving to Eastleigh soon...I’m not far from the Fulflood pub. I’m lucky my car has been in an MOT so will be training it to work tomorrow and won’t need to worry like some as quite hilly in my locality too. I see you have been missing out on the snow! Knowing what the bus drivers are like round here they probably will still be running if you still need a snow fix! ? 

The only times I remember the buses not running because of the snow when I lived just outside Winchester were Dec 2009 and Dec 2010. 

• Like 2

Posted

Heavier than anything I saw last night, the fat flakes are now fighting it out with the angel dust blowing off the roof from earlier. :clap:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, wind. Hot summer days.

I made another gif, slightly prettier :)

giphy.gif

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I’ve had over an inch here already. I’m not looking out at measurements now as I want to surprise myself lol. But I can see the lamppost and all is good here!! Still coming down nicely, albeit not as heavy as earlier but that was insane!

You got lucky with that heavier blob. Still light snow here. 

• Like 1

Posted

Poor Channel Islands. Guernsey especially seems Jersey is seeing some now, that Streamer has been going on for many hours so near but yet so far to the jackpot. 

C555D5E4-46E1-49B2-A45D-BE6DF6C30981.thumb.png.7a68077706c4323ef69bafc2fa39a434.png

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

Poor Channel Islands. Guernsey especially seems Jersey is seeing some now, that Streamer has been going on for many hours so near but yet so far to the jackpot. 

C555D5E4-46E1-49B2-A45D-BE6DF6C30981.thumb.png.7a68077706c4323ef69bafc2fa39a434.png

Almost as painful the channel streamer that lasted 3 days during the last beast. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

The only times I remember the buses not running because of the snow when I lived just outside Winchester were Dec 2009 and Dec 2010. 

I think they had to stop running a few weeks ago for a time but not sure about this time round to be honest. Either way hopefully people won’t need to be travelling far on a snowy Sunday evening -it’s more tomorrow morning which could be messy. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well this is turning in to quite an event, more so than I thought. Snowing again now with caster sugar spilt everwhere after a significant loss of snow to sublimation earlier on. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Climate_Eyes said:

Blobs appearing to back build a bit in the past few frames over W/Nw Sussex. Could give some a bit more time under the precip :)

I can confirm the back edge is putting up a fight. Snow is gradually getting back towards a moderate level. Perhaps getting on for 3cm on the grass since 7pm.

• Like 3

Posted

Still moderate snow, very impressive.

Tried kicking the cat out earlier but scrambled back in before I could close the door in time. I then spent ten minutes clearing the patio of snow to try lull the cat into a false sense of security but it wasn’t being fooled. it’s covered in snow again now anyway, so the cat wins, it’s the litter tray for another night.

Bedtime. Well, I’m going to try anyway ?

• Like 1