Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

yay heavy now!

• Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, Bobafet said:

Think we will have another hour or so and then that will be our lot I feel.  It has been a super couple of days and what a change for us down South and the West to finally get a taste of winter.  Let’s hope the trend continues for the next few winters, especially with solar minimum in our favour.

signing off now and will back again October/November on the hunt for cold again!

Thanks to all in this thread who make it for fun reading- a top bunch and by far the friendliest regional!

There's a tipping box over there ... No left a bit ... Next to all the empty gin bottles ... That's the one ... Good lad!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, alex12 said:

where are you in Somerset? :) 

Just now, alex12 said:

where are you in Somerset? :) 

Village called Nether Stowey, near Bridgwater - seems to be some kind of sweet spot for both beasts, have done really well from both.

Posted

Light snow has given pehaps 1-2cm of fresh powdery snow since late afternoon, some blowing off roofs etc really easily in the breeze. Settling on some of the lane too.. temp -1.5C.

Radar looks nice indeed, pepping up at the front and about to hit!

Hopefully it's more reflective of how the radar looks than this afternoon was here, or I'll probably get 0.5cm tonight  :laugh:

Posted
19 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

@*Stormforce~beka* is on fire ? tonight!! Love it ?

I''m on catch up mate. I moved my toddler into her own room tonight. Took 40 mins to get her down but no major dramas so all good! Just catching up from that. Shedloads to read! And if my butt is burning that much i'll go roll around outside ;-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

just got a weather warning until 3am for snow (yellow)

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, festivalking said:

almost stopped snowing here we've had a good run of almost 11 hours!!!!:yahoo:only 4cm though on the ground :closedeyes:

Where's it all going? That's what I want to know ???

Posted

Starting to come down harder now - bigger flakes - all surfaces getting covered easily - WOW!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather

South West looks best again out of this front.looks like it’s being drawn into the flow of the low in the western channel where can’t it come back the other way!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
5 minutes ago, SteveB said:

The heavy stuff is doing a good job of avoiding me at the moment, hoping that changes soon 

I'm just about to give up on this band delivering anything meaningful here. 

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Mr Bartlettazores said:

Hellooo! Fulflood Stormforce~beka. and you? Went for a nice walk after watching the radar just after 7pm and it was great to see a top up covering only take 10 minutes or so once things got going again! Going to be carnage in the morning I think and hear that some places such as Battery Hill are already seeing problems with one or two abandoned vehicles! 

Hahaha! I'm just up the road from you. I'll be on my way down on the number 3 .. If its still running!  I'm at Harestock far end not far from little tescos. Oh lordie battery hill is a nightmare at the best of times LOL!! I remember fun at the top of stanmore lane by the lights when I was younger! Stalling cars when the lights went red trying to get out of Stanmore lane. Brilliant!

Posted

so heavy, almost blizzard conditions if the winds were stronger.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

just got a weather warning until 3am for snow (yellow)

Yes, a new Yellow area just up. 

Between 22:25 Sun 18th and 03:00 Mon 19th

A further area of snow moving west overnight will produce fresh snow cover in places. Some roads and railways are likely to be affected by longer journey times as a result. 

Chief Forecaster's assessment

A further 2 to 4 cm of snow will fall either side of midnight. Note also the very icy conditions, covered by the larger ice warning, apply particularly across these areas.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-03-19

Edited by EllyTech
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Screenshot_2018-03-18-22-26-33.thumb.png.ad2ace531ea00eddd768fa0fbbff1a36.png

How that doesn’t include us is beyond me lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

. Oh lordie battery hill is a nightmare at the best of times LOL!! I remember fun at the top of stanmore lane by the lights when I was younger! Stalling cars when the lights went red trying to get out of Stanmore lane. Brilliant!

That bit at the top is Stanmore Lane is steeper than you think. Not surprised you saw cars stalling there. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

I'm only just in the new warning area

• Like 1