Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

The snow just cannot hang on to the hard paving. Driveway is nearly clear of snow but the car is covered with a good 8cm. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

That’s the sun gone in Plymouth , looking promising now :) 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

No why couldn't it have been this heavy over night, the depth would be a lot deeper if it had! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

@*Stormforce~beka* 2YZamfWaaunZslHCYyVdicKE8wdBWYMxy0Uk26kGAq7xdZ6iqqmdMEN1TYnPSUOWHEHMhkVi8CVu0J2rw2XQzT-MLOvQmfpttGOfFp4QNqu5vzl8n6csR-lDT9pAjNwjoSspfJJa1v96wVHPmSRtvUXHtyc3n44UM2jD-gL2btzzu7rk6zK2CEg2IoqQ72EutnVmPOaKeybeMU4VM2QNkShTv2EpLo7x6Fm_jxYqp3AjOOqiq-LKjcVnCE-CLd3wLosuM-FXNgfXIzz-E4x34IOstMOf5UFVaLfFotjYSjVW3rAK3m-F0dsBh_8a0ECkWbx9bRvSmOkpBUzd1uJgw57w5NVBBEzxdlkFqpj2YANAzuXEoV8WrIfOnldzImUYeO9vL03wWtDlL_-tu_xjHLpY7xZukhuslYmkc3cKQmFUaho71-FkRlG9yV2dG7deFZgwkY1KfYNabOC2LlDGQr1i1-GxKctkuMIIV5McGzGmfg4k4dwESSPxSbuVKTS--PrAZza0XBW_QcpvlIqYTyH1ij7izdq-4E9a_ikaObEBgyD2iSqmLnuhhBIH9VJohZi4iEk6mo5kTj95wjUFOkSW0Mk1s556WIaLD6Ek=w521-h925-nolooks very silly its still a snowman! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It looks very Christmassy outside, may venture out later or more likely light the fire instead. Been meaning to get ahead but lacking the motivation thus far, but the snow has re-lit the Christmas tree fairy making drive, maybe now's the time to start sewing ready for December. Would playing Michael Buble be taking it too far?

Christmas fairy 3.JPG

DSC01644.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Road is just mostly slush now. But nice covering elsewhere ..

Posted
17 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Not far off that here too! All done 3 inches on the ground.  How much you got? Going to take the kids out in a minute ...

I measure mine in millimetres. Doesn't make it any more but it sounds a lot bigger.  Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

Just been out with the ruler and there's a level 11cm on top of the cars, I think that beats what we had last time and is certainly at the top end of what I was expecting out of the mini Beast ?

Stay safe you guys under the heavy stuff moving across.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, fromey said:

Morning all, back from a 2 1/2 hr round trip to bath to get my wife into work as she is a ward manager at the RUH, I have to say my expectations have been surpassed, really heavy snow and at least 4-5 inches

C82268F2-BFFE-48AC-B3EB-5ABA57F9089B.jpeg

Bless the RUH.........for the wonderful care they have given to my daughter and her baby.  ☺☺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Woo hoo! 3-4 inches here, about to venture out with the kids! Very excited. Just a shame this forum is pants at uploading photos from my phone ?

• Like 3

Posted

Ventured out to shop for newspaper. Around 2 to 3 inches level. But also quite slushy underneath. No where near as much as other week when we had 6 to 7 inches level with some mini drifts to 15 inches up against garage. In fact my drive near garage is just wet. Wetter snow this time so clinging more to trees compared to last time.

Main road through Stoke Gifford completely clear; other week it had compacted snow for a time early doors.

A decent event for past mid-March though.

Still snowing v lightly.

Posted
5 minutes ago, philglossop said:

That’s the sun gone in Plymouth , looking promising now :) 

Yep - and temp starting to fall again :)

image.thumb.png.bcb0679ee06f0e0f48cc01c3616e9df7.png

By the way, looking at your signature, did you not catch that massive thunder storm in May last year?  It was awesome.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Heavy snowfall in Exeter. Gradually getting better at sticking to the pavements too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Amazing how much snow fell and yet it still didn't accumulate on concrete or tarmac lol

20180318_102430_HDR.thumb.jpg.77b478a2f7979bdd4c1e11d1bdce56cc.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

The wind has really started gusting strongly here, the lying snow is blowing around into a mini blizzard!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

stopped snowing here now, at least 10cm's probably more.......my sis down in Brixham just sent me this photo as the intense snow band hits Torbay....that is some seriously heavy snow!

29313936_10210802012018610_1055313291858935808_n.thumb.jpg.51d5030850693005b470e40cea4645ed.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

What's the predictions for the stuff that is still coming out of Cherbourg?  Is it likely to continue to dogleg into South Devon & Cornwall or is it more likely to "whip lash" out and flick northwards?

Posted
16 minutes ago, jethro said:

It looks very Christmassy outside, may venture out later or more likely light the fire instead. Been meaning to get ahead but lacking the motivation thus far, but the snow has re-lit the Christmas tree fairy making drive, maybe now's the time to start sewing ready for December. Would playing Michael Buble be taking it too far?

Christmas fairy 3.JPG

DSC01644.JPG

Anytime is Michael Buble time! ????

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow
12 minutes ago, Steve Caiels said:

Yep - and temp starting to fall again :)

image.thumb.png.bcb0679ee06f0e0f48cc01c3616e9df7.png

By the way, looking at your signature, did you not catch that massive thunder storm in May last year?  It was awesome.  

Hi Steve- yup sure did. You’re at Wembury aren’t you? About 9 years ago I lived at Heybrook Bay during that bitter December- fun getting out the village :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

looking much further east into Belguim, that's where tonights snow is now starting to develop

• Like 2